Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

TWO Wrestling Club II

Guest Jimmy Redman

Guest Jimmy Redman

How It Works

• When the day you have been assigned comes around, simply post in this thread a YouTube or Dailymotion video (or videos - if there is more than one please post ALL of the parts here, not just the first) of a wrestling match that you want to share with the Club.

Embed videos by taking the entire URL of the video and putting it in tags, like this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgfnbdfvnfnb[/video*] (without the asterisk)

• ALL members of the Club review ALL of the matches as they are posted, giving their thoughts and a score for the match out of 10. I strongly urge you to keep up to date with your reviewing, as a) you wont be able to post your own match if you're not, and b) trying to catch up on loads of matches all at once will probably suck.

• The only real rule about what you can or cant use is that the total length of the video(s) you post should not exceed 30 minutes. If you desperately want to post something that comes in at like 32 mins I am not going to bite you, but please be mindful that we want everyone to watch all the matches, and the prospect of watching really long matches can be discouraging. Make it accessible.

• There's also an unwritten rule in effect in the Music Club that should probably apply here, in that, please dont post the most obvious match in the universe. If it is something that you're sure everybody would have seen, and seen very recently (like, for example, the main event of this year's Wrestlemania), then try and choose something else. Also check that it wasnt used in the first Club.

The Schedule

I will slow it down a bit to have two matches per week. This is to ensure everyone has enough time to watch them during the week. Please remember that this only works when everyone makes the effort, so make sure you keep up. Two matches per week isnt asking for much.

Tuesday 16th October

Jamster - Bully Ray vs Austin Aries

Maxximus - Kota Ibushi vs El Generico

Tuesday 23rd October

Michael 378 - The Rockers vs Fabulous Rougeau Bros

Tuesday 30th October

Canned Heat - Steve Austin vs Chris Benoit

The Magic - Raven vs Big Show vs Kane

SHL - El Generico vs Isami Kodaka

Tuesday 6th November

hanabananabob - Austin, Hunter & Steph vs Hardy Boyz & Lita

Edgehead - Shawn Michaels vs Chris Benoit

Tuesday 13th November

DC - Juventud Guerrera vs Blitzkrieg

Jierda - Masato Tanaka vs Mike Awesome

Tuesday 20th November

King

Jimmy Redman

Burakiosaurus

Have fun!

Edited by Jimmy Redman

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

Sorry Maxx, luck of the draw!

Kota Ibushi vs El Generico - DDT 4/5/12

By far the best thing about this match is that apparently later that night, Ibushi was mistakenly taken in and questioned by police on suspicion of STEALING UNDERWEAR. Not making this up.

As much as I love Ibushi and ERU JANELLE-ICO, I was relieved that the first five minutes was some...stuff and I wasnt watching a 27 minute match. I wish I could understand what the hype video was saying aside from BRAINBUSTAAAAAH.

So, on the whole this was fun. My huge, gigantic issue with it is the 5 minutes or so they spent working the arm. Not the arm work in itself, I enjoyed that and he was selling like a mofo, but the fact that he just STOPPED SELLING COMPLETELY AND WENT BACK ON OFFENSE. It meant absolutely NOTHING from that point onwards, it didnt lead to anything, he never sold the arm again, it was just a way to kill five minutes. F*CK that sh*t. I mean, if you're going to have a spotfest, then have a spotfest! Just do movez, dont throw in some limb work in the middle to try and pretend you're having a serious match. You're only going to no sell it five seconds later and waste everyone's time.

Having said that, when they were just doing spots I quite enjoyed it. I really enjoy Ibushi. Its funny because I often take issue with the co operative, dance routine guys, and Ibushi is basically the poster boy for those guys, but he has a charm about him that makes it work. He's a cute, young boy with a baby face and silly hair. He SHOULD work a dance routine style, he's like a member of a boyband. And Generico RULES. Kind of weird to see him playing subtle heel here.

And JESUS CHRIST IN HEAVEN did Ibushi ever die on that Michinoku Driver. AND on the Brainbustaaah. Jesus. Like I said the spotfesty parts were pretty damn fun. But the no selling of the arm work just really took me out of the match in the middle there. If that wasnt in there I would have gone higher, but as it is its 6/10.

Kota Ibushi vs El Generico - El Generico in the first wrestling club match? We're off to a good start already. On an off-topic thing, for those in the know regarding DDT, since when did their Hardcore title turn into a deathmatch title? I was suprised enough when El Generico was champion, then I find that the title is being defended in deathmatches in other promotions. I mean, the title was defended in either hardcore matches or comedy matches before, but now...Anyway, back to the match at hand. Nice highlight package to start. What the heck was going on between Kota Ibushi and Ken Ohka in the rain? And who was the guy in the hardhat? And why were they dumping water on Ohka? Unfortunately these are questions which may never be answered. Back and forth arm-wrenching to start. Quick back and forth now, and Generico comes out on top with the headlock. Ibushi is back up and Generico shoulder blocks him, only for Ibushi to jump right back up, hit Generico with a really cool looking armdrag, a hurancanrana and a dropkick! He then faints a dive and backflips in the ring. Generico back in the ring, and Ibushi hits an impressive standing moonsault. Back and forth strikes, Ibushi bounces off the ropes and Generico reverses with a backbreaker. A mixture of strikes from Generico, he snapmares Ibushi and goes back to the arm. Ibushi to the ropes, Generico chops Ibushi and Ibushi strikes back with a very stiff kick! Generico almost immediately forearms Ibushi into the corner. Backbreaker from Generico, followed by a split-legged moonsault. On the outside now, Ibushi set up on a chair, and Generico runs with a boot. Reminds me of Samoa Joe. Stiff chop from Generico, back on the floor and Ibushi is run arm/shoulder first into the ring-post. Back in the ring, Ibushi dodges Generico and kicks him stiffly in the back, followed up by a running kick. Generico to the top rope, and Ibushi backflip kicks Generico to the floor! That was unexpected. Ibushi with a moonsault to the floor! Back in the ring, and Ibushi hits Generico with a top-rope dropkick! Powerslam into a second rope moonsault from Ibushi! Reverse hurancanrana! Back and forth reversals, and Generico hits Ibushi with a spinning suplex/powerslam thing. Generico gets hit with a boot from Ibushi, Ibushi runs at Generico and GOOD GOD. Right on his neck. That looked very dangerous and painful. Reversals of kicks, and Ibushi dodges a kick from Generico, leaps right back up and hits Generico with a kick of his own, followed up immediately by a German suplex! That was cool. Forearm exchanges now, and Generico suplexes Ibushi into the ring corner. Ibushi is right back up though, and hits Generico with a lariat. Ibushi hits Generico with a painful looking powerbomb. Still only a two-count though. Ibushi hits Generico with a running clothesline in the corner, Generico returns with a boot in the corner. Generico has Ibushi on the top rope, I think I can guess what he's going for. He doesn't get it though, as Ibushi ends up dumped on the floor. Ibushi gets right back up and hits Generico with a top-rope reverse hurancanrana! Ibushi has Generico up, Generico gets out of it and hits Ibushi with a dragon suplex, followed by a boot. He's setting up Ibushi on the top-rope again.....BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIINNNNNNBUUUUUUSSSSSSTTTTTTAAAAAHHHH!!!!! One, two, three! Generico wins! Okay, this was one of those matches that just kept getting better as it went along. My enjoyment level just kept going up the further the match went, and that's definately a good thing. You can't go wrong with El Generico, and Kota Ibushi is a very talented wrestler too, and they proved it here. Great match, 9/10.

Ah, Japan. I'm expecting not to care for this, but I'm going in with an open mind. I'd have liked the first five minutes if I could understand it. I'm all about the context and story of a match, so it would have been nice to have gotten a bit of background.

One problem for me, and this came up not long ago, is the commentary. I generally dislike watching things that aren't in English, so even when the match is good, it'll automatically lose some points.

I really liked the sit him in the chair and kick his head off spot. That was cool. I'm enjoying El Generico. Spot fests aren't really my thing though, so some of Ibushi's high spots and theatrics were lost on me when I guess other people would enjoy them.

I really enjoyed El Generico's offence though, the spin out powerbomb, Michinoku driver and the brainbuster. I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Mainly because of El Generico, and the commentary bothered me less as the match went on.

6/10

Very solid match, not knowing much about Ibushi, I was impressed with him, but you can't go wrong with El Generico, that brianbuster at the end was just sick and looked quiet dangerous to me, really enjoyed it.

7/10

Guest Michael 378

Austin Aries vs. Bully Ray at Sacrifice 2012

To start off both these guys have impressed me this year. Both have stepped their game up to push TNA. Bully's promo before the match didn't build towards the match but it was entertaining with his Twitter prounciation. And the hype video was great giving a rundown of rivalry. Now onto the match......

Bully mouthing at Aries at the beginning was great and Aries answer was even better. Bully's actions at the beginning was so off storyling/ storytelling. He talked about how he could whoop Aries, but he spends the first moments of the match running from Aries. Aries's corner combos are just bada*s. His elbows, punches and shoulders are just killer. Bully's running stomp from the corner took too long messed up part of the flow to me. BIG BOOT TO ARIES ON TOP ROPE! BIG BOOT TO ARIES ON TOP ROPE! BIG BOOT TO ARIES ON TOPE ROPE! THAT WAS SICK! Aries telling Bully he wants a chop, Bully giving him more chops, then Aries gets up give him an elbow or chop of his own and ask for another chop great sequence. Aries charge the corner hits an elbow then charges againand gets hit with a big boot, great. Bully's Rock Bottom like slam is AWESOME. Very impressed with Aries's ability to lift Bully to hit his Brainbuster. The match was finisher happy, 4 finshers used. I just want 1 finisher to be excuted, they can attempt to go for and get reversed as much as they want but only one excuted.

I would give this match 7/10.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I like the Tuesday to Tuesday format, gives me the whole weekend to review stuff.

I'm glad, that was my idea in making it a weekly drop. People have the weekend, people have during the week, so everyone can get it done at some point.

One thing I forgot to say about Ibushi/Generico is that Ibushi's LARIATS were insanely great.

Bully Ray vs Austin Aries - Sacrifice 2012

YES! I absolutely loved this the first time around, so I am so glad to rewatch it now. The Bully Ray 'Please Sir Can I Have Another?' Match is a slam dunk winner, and Aries is a great AJ Styles to Bully Ray's...Bully Ray.

TWITTAH. God Bully is awesome.

OK, this might have been even better the second time around. EVERY SINGLE F*CKING THING WORKED. The angle. The face off with Bully's...bullying and Aries laying on the ropes and MANNING UP and backing Bully off. The early speed vs power exchanges. Jesus, I need to stop doing PBP when I get excited. But God, EVERYTHING worked.

I had actually forgotten about the Aries DEATH BUMP. Jesus his back. And it made everything twice as awesome because Aries had these blatant bruises from the war he was in, which made all of Bully's offense twice as effective, and made Aries' comeback twice as meaningful. And getting that kind of effective heat off of simple as hell offense like bodyslams and backdrops was awesome work.

Like I said, the 'Please Sir Can I Have Another?' spot is just incredible here. "IS THAT ALL YOU GOT?!" and just getting DRILLED with these chops, his chest, and Aries just coming back, "YOU'RE CRAZY!", whipping everyone into a frenzy and then BAM, EYE POKE. I motherf*cking LOVE Bully Ray.

Enjoyed the finish even more now as well. Bully throws his big bombs and Aries wont lay down. He goes to cheat but hey, Joe Park. And Aries just goes NUTS with offense and GETS HIM UP FOR THE BRAINBUSTER but KICK. OUT. F*ck. But Aries has another weapon in his arsenal, he finds a way to win like any great wrestler, and big bad Bully Ray SUBMITS to the midget. Perfect.

If you couldnt tell, I mofoing LOVED this. Beforehand I would have safely had Aries/Joe over this as TNA MOTY, but now I am not so sure. An excellent f*cking match. 9/10

I know I'm not included in this but am I ok to comment on matches? If you want to delete this, that's not a problem.

I had a look at the first match and I thought it was fine...until the finish. Generico takes a head drop off the top rope, manages to kick out at 2. Then his lifeless body is lifted up before he manages to struggle out of a hold. After that, he's immediately back to full fitness, moving quickly, running across the ring, climbing to the top rope, hitting his finish...and then he's half dead again and has to crawl on his hands and knees to make the pin. That's just stupid. I hate that level of inconsistency. If a wrestler isn't going to sell, fine, don't sell, have a spotfest. However, do one or the other. You can't sell one minute, be perfectly fine the next and then suddenly be one John Cena punch away from rigor mortis again. It makes no sense whatsoever. It really annoys me.

Sorry Maxx! :P

Guest Jimmy Redman

Yeah anyone is free to comment if they so desire. We are a Club of inclusion!

And yeah the inconsistency is what bothered me too. I would have rated it a LOT higher had they just done a straight up spotfest, especially since that is the appeal.

Austin Aries vs Bully Ray - I DON'T DO TWITTAH! :lol This is the first TNA match I've watched in quite a while, and Bully Ray looks to have lost weight. Is that a rip-off of Sabu's theme? Yelling between the two, and Bully refused to engage. More refusing to engage from Bully, and Aries just kicks him in the "Yam Bag" according to Tazz. Punches and knees in the corner, Bully reverses the whip, Aries kicks Bully, leaps from the ropes, but Bully catches him in midair and slams him. Bully spits at Aries, Aries retaliates with strikes in the corner, Bully strikes back with a forearm. Bully attempts to stomp Aries, Aries reverses and grabs his leg. More strikes, Aries gets sent over the top rope but lands on his feet. Aries to the top rope, Bully kicks him off! Bully striking the hurt Aries now. Powerslam from Bully. Bully with a bearhug, Aries slaps Bullys ears and runs towards him, but is sent flying back first into the mat. Back and forth striking and yelling between the two. YOU'RE A DEAD MAN followed by an eye rake! Aries reverses Ray with strikes and a rope rake, runs towards him, and is met with a big boot. Bully follows up with an impressive slam. Back and forth, another two-count for Bully. Bully has a chain! Here comes Joseph Park, and Bully is attacking him. Aries uses the opportunity for a suicide dive. Aries with a top-rope dropkick. A running dropkick followed by a brainbuster gets a two count. A powerbomb attempt from Bully is reversed, and Aries locks in the chancery. Bully taps and that's it.

Okay, first of all, this didn't live up to the hype. It wasn't a bad match by any means, but it just seemed...somewhat dull to me, I don't know how else to put it. It started a bit too slowly, and from the video package before the match I was expecting a fast paced all-out brawl, which wasn't how the match went. Not only that, but the match had a lot less wrestling moves than I expected, it was very strike heavy. Altogether it was a good match, but not as good as the hype made it out to be. 6/10.

Guest Edgehead

Kota Ibushi vs El Generico

Okay I wasn't expecting to enjoy this as I don't follow japanese wrestling & I'm not familiar with these 2 guys so I kind of had to force myself to watch it but I must admit I was pleasantly surprised.

I agree with what Jimmy said about the arm work being a bit pointless seeing as he no sold it for the rest of the match but thats a minor criticism & the rest of the match was fun. Loved the spot outside the ring where El Generico sits Kota on a chair, takes a good run up & damn near boots his head off & that Michinoku Driver was f**king BRUTAL! & the Brainbuster on the turnbuckle was a good finish.

Good match. I would definitely be open to seeing more of these guys, especially El Generico. 8/10

EDIT: I'll get to Jamsters match later today or tomorrow at the latest :)

Edited by Edgehead

I can't remember if I watched this at the time. I feel like I might have, but I'm really not sure. Did I watch Sacrafice? Hmm, I think I did. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Bully is great. I wish he had found something like this ten years ago. It's a shame he's getting on a bit. Liked the face off at the start. Aries sitting on the rope was great.

The kick from the top rope to floor on Aries was pretty brutal, as were the bruises and welts. Enjoyed that (That makes e sound like a sadist :lol).

Bully's great at playing the slow, toying with the victim heel, only to be always undone by the courageous, full of heart baby face in the end due to his own arrogance. And Aries sells the big bumps awesomely.

At this point I'd just like to say that I love Joseph Park.

Overall, this was decent. I enjoyed it, but it lacked something special for me. I kind of agree with SHL. It was a solid effort, but that was it. 6/10

Guest Hanahbananabob

Well this is now the 2nd El Generico match i've seen, the first was in last years club :P this match was pretty good, the commentary didn't bother me as much as I thought it would! I liked the fact that the match had a nice fast pace to it, i'm really not one for slow dragging matches so this didn't seem like it was 20+ minutes long. kota ibushi was very impressive in this, some nice hurricanranas and the spin out powerbomb was nice too. Good finish with the brainbuster too. Overall I will give this 6/10 :)

Guest Edgehead

Austin Aries vs Bully Ray

I have seen this once before but didn't remember much of it so was happy to give it another watch.

The match was fine but I agree with what others have said that it seemed to be lacking something although I can't quite put my finger on it. Having said that it was still a decent match that had some good moments, most notably the top rope big boot & bruising on Aries back.

Bully plays the heel well, I've only seen a couple of his matches with this gimmick but I can see why alot of people consider him to be one of the best heels in the business. That "Rock Bottom" was awesome & looked so much more powerful than The Rock's version.

Decent finish, I remembered that Austin won but didn't remember how so I was surprised when Bully kicked out of the Brainbuster but when he locked in the submission I was like "Oh yeah that was it" :lol

6.5/10

Guest Hanahbananabob

So this is about the 3rd TNA match ive ever seen :P Well, it wasn't too bad actually, but like some of the others have said it just didn't really seem to get going much. Aries getting knocked off the top onto the outside was pretty nasty though! Having heard a lot about austin aries and never having actually seem him wrestle before I was interested to see what he was like and I guess he's not too bad, but would have to see more matches before deciding whether he is as great as everyone says! anyway, like i said, the match wasn't too bad, so I will give it 5/10!

Guest Canned Heat

DDT - Kota Ibushi vs El Generico - 05.04.2012

First japanese wrestling match I've ever watched in my life. I had no idea who the heel was and no clue who the face was. I had zero clue of what the announcers were saying and I found it weird that through the majority of the match, the wrestlers were no selling like crazy. 2 count...Right back up.

Now, with all of that said, that was the best WRESTLING match I've ever seen. Every move looked beautiful. Everything led beautifully to the next thing. The moves looked devastating and Ibushi and Generico were amazing. From 9 minutes in the video to the end of the match, I was thoroughly entertained.

I can imagine that if this same match was put on by 2 wrestlers of the WWE, with a story I knew and had interest in, with wrestlers I knew a lot more about than Ibushi and Generico... This would be my 3rd favorite match of all time. I can just imagine how awesome this match would have been to me with say....Xpac and Owen Hart, I would absolutely adore it. But, with all that said: The match was amazing, but me knowing nothing about the build up and not caring who would win drops this match from a perfect score for me

9/10

Edited by Canned Heat

Guest Canned Heat

Bully Ray vs Austin Aries TNA Sacrifice

Bully's pre match promo was great, I'd expect nothing less from the 2nd best heel on TV. I also liked the match promo.

It started out a little slow, and I didn't like Bully repeatedly leaving the ring. Would have liked it more if he would have tried to impose his will from the get go.

The boot was freaking fantastic. And from that point on I really enjoyed the match. Loved Aries kicking out of Bully's 2 signatures. Showed his HEART.

Also, I loved the story telling surrounding the Brain Buster. The match was promoted with a key point being that Aries wouldn't be able to get Bully with it, and thats why Bully thought he was gonna win. Well, Aries got him with it, and it didn't matter. Loved the finish.

7/10

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity