Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE RAW Discussion Thread - October 22, 2012 from East Rutherford, NJ (#1013)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: Live, Monday Night, Oct. 22, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, Oct. 23, at 1AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Izod Center at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, NJ

Confirmed Matches/Events

Kane vs. Big Show

#1 Contenders Tag Team Tournament: Finals:

Team Rhodes Scholars vs. Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara

Final Build to Hell in a Cell

Edited by TPIB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HH-Evolution
AJ gets fired for having dinner with Cena? Didn't Vickie Guerrero "date" half the rooster as GM of Smackdown?

It's sorta meant to be ironic and generally hypocritical - this isn't a fair system afterall! :lol

AJ gets fired for having dinner with Cena? Didn't Vickie Guerrero "date" half the rooster as GM of Smackdown?

http://sas.guidespot.com/bundles/guides_92/assets/widget_avbZbkphzeoQvHaL_ADNDQ.jpg

Ryback is awful. Cena talking for him because he cant cut a friggin promo :lol

Yeah he is. I had hopes for him in the beginning, but the whole thing gets worse week by week to the point where he's just a joke to me now. Also this:

[video=youtube;hUrqYtG1CLI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUrqYtG1CLI

Get this noodle the hell off tv already. He'll never be a superstar and he'll never get himself over. I wouldn't even call him a Goldberg rip off. That's an insult to Goldberg rip offs.

Guest Jimmy Redman

Cena is cutting promos for Ryback because Ryback should not be cutting 15 minute promos. Or any promos really. He walks out, eats some people, walks back.

Wow, no pun intended.

And saying he'll never get over is quite a thing since he's...already over.

Guest Canned Heat

Well I mean, they were up against the debate AND Monday Night Football...AND Dexter.

I don't understand why people don't like Ryback. He is the one part of the show where things get exciting and "business starts to pick up!" His powerbomb on Punk was phenomenal.

And think about this: When was the last time you generally had no idea what the finish of a PPV will be?

Edit: Haha, just watched the Heyman thing and holy crap that looks terrible, although the Jackhammer variation he did was cool (Although on accident). Either way, this will all be forgotten next year when he is still one of the top guys and is over as hell.

Edited by Canned Heat

Guest HH-Evolution

Hey, if people are loving the guy, then he's doing something right - I don't think the WWE really give a toss what Johnny Online says, so long as the folks in the crowd at the time of filming are happy and the merch shifts.

Besides, there are so many habitual watchers who are watching it in hopes of improvement that they're a reliable source of numbers fuel, as well as those who aren't bothered by things like workrate and such. Personally, Ryback is one of my weekly enjoyments in the WWE Scene, and whilst it's clearly a little too early for a Title win, I honestly can't object to the idea of Ryback/Punk in a cell together...I'm honestly still really looking forward to Sunday!

Guest The Beltster
Cena is cutting promos for Ryback because Ryback should not be cutting 15 minute promos. Or any promos really. He walks out, eats some people, walks back.
Nah, thats not true. Cena is cutting promos for Ryback, because Ryback cant talk, he cant cut his own promos because he has no mic skills. If he could talk, WWE would have him talking. The reason he isnt talking is not because he shouldnt, its 100% because he cant!

I don't understand why people don't like Ryback.
Probably has something to do with him being complete shit, at a guess. His gear looks indy, like an even worse version of RVD's cheap gear. He looks like Sloth from the Goonies, just totally retarded, I'm expecting his eat to start twitching and for him to ask for a Baby Ruth bar at any second. He was exposed by Albert as not being as strong as he looks, his 'Feed me more!' catch phrase is lame and he does that stupid f*cking march which makes him look like a bell end.

Those are some reasons I personally think he's shyte.

I don't think the WWE really give a toss what Johnny Online says, so long as the folks in the crowd at the time of filming are happy and the merch shifts.
I hate this stupid, really absurd notion that "Johnny Online" isnt a wrestling fan who buys tickets and goes to shows. There is no difference between online fans and non-online fans, you are either a wrestling fan or you arent. You post online, so you just insulted yourself! Thats how bloody stupid that comment was. So none of us on this forum or on any internet forum online guys tickets, PPV's, merch, toys, games, whatever, just because we are online, you included right? :lol

ok

Maybe WWE should give a toss what ALL wrestling fans think, seeing as we are ALL possible paying customers.

I honestly can't object to the idea of Ryback/Punk in a cell together.
I can, its called booking yourself into a corner. You just admitted yourself, its too early for him to win the belt, so that means he has to lose, and once he loses, its over. Interest levels will drop massively. On the other hand, he wins and you have a guy who is way too green to have the belt and you f*ck up your long term booking plans and make Punks year long reign for nowt, kill off the Punk/Rock match you have been slowly building etc. Plus, if Ryback does win, he will then be expected to work main events, when he is exposed as an awful worker, people will turn on him pretty quick. Then you have your third option, a screwy non-finish, which will piss off fans especially a non finish in a HIAC.

They didnt think before they went down this road, at all. Booked themselves totally into a corner.

Edited by The Beltster

Guest Jimmy Redman
Its not that we arent paying customers, its that we are such a small minority of the paying customers that it doesnt make a difference whether a guy who is over to the masses in the crowd doesnt have "workrate" or whatever else we complain about. Also, that we ALWAYS complain, about everything, and yet we are the least likely to ever stop being paying customers. We are the hardcores. So Vince doesnt lay awake at night thinking about upsetting us because a) we're always upset, and b) it doesnt make a difference.

I hate this stupid, really absurd notion that "Johnny Online" isnt a wrestling fan who buys tickets and goes to shows. There is no difference between online fans and non-online fans, you are either a wrestling fan or you arent. You post online, so you just insulted yourself! Thats how bloody stupid that comment was. So none of us on this forum or on any internet forum online guys tickets, PPV's, merch, toys, games, whatever, just because we are online, you included right? :lol

You missed the point, he's not saying that Jonny Online isn't a wrestling fan, just that online fans are such a minority that, even if every one of them stopped watching/buying tickets/ordering PPVs etc then it wouldn't really matter as those gaps would be filled by other/new fans. It's a fair point

EDIT: or what Jimmy said, but she said it better.

Guest The Beltster

How do you people know that the online community is so minute? I mean, people say this and I question it. Sure, the ridiculous hardcore internet fans might be, but the vast majority of people in the free world are now online, and if they have an interest in wrestling or football or technology, odds are they are going to be talking about it or following it on the internet aswell. I mean really, how many people do you know who arent online now? My friggin grandparents are! I dont buy into this 'online fans dont make up enough numbers to matter' argument, I think its crap!

And I stopped paying. Vince turned me away after over 20 years with his f*cking trash shows. So to say we will always be there to accept whatever shit he dishes out isnt true either. At all.

And lastly, WWE's ratings are bombing. They are bombing! People can say "Well, this show was on and this was on!" and make all the lame duck excuses they want, but they arent bombing because of what else is on, they are bombing because wrestling sucks and people are losing interest. There were plenty of other TV shows on in 1998 too, what was the excuse then? Oh, there wasnt one, because at that time, wrestling was good and people watched it.

So, he IS turning people away, more and more frequently as a matter of fact. But keep making excuses for it all you like, I dont buy it. Wrestling needs to change, big time, or it will continue to fall.

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity