Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Daniel Bryan: BERRIED.

Guest Ciaran The King

Guest Ciaran The King

But no, WWE ALWAYS push people with no talent. This in the year we had CM Punk and Bryan Danielson as world champions in WWE.

After WM they tried to bury Bryan and Punk is only on top because he threatened to leave

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman

:lol

If you truly believe either of those things I dont know what to say.

I know everyone was OUTRAGED at WM that a chickensh*t heel got his comeuppance to payoff a storyline, and everyone knew it would BURY him underground because they didnt let him have a 9 minute workrate opener, but everyone was just completely wrong. "YES" took off and made him shedloads of money, he was in world title matches for the next FOUR PPVs, part of the focal point of Raw AJ storyline for months, and is now reviving the tag team division.

Punk only won at MITB 2011 because he was leaving. Bit of a stretch to say they're still pushing him on top 18 months later because they didnt want him to leave back then.

And excuses aside I missed the part where they actually arent being pushed by Big Bad Vince Who Only Pushes Meatheads.

Guest Ciaran The King

Personally I'm surprised that Punk is still WWE champion, but in reality who else there in WWE to be champion. If Punk wasn't champ Cena would be.

And WWE did try to bury Bryan, I guarantee there sole intention was to never have Bryan main event again.

Guest Jimmy Redman

"Bryan will NEVER MAIN EVENT AGAIN!"

I mean, honestly. Are people so wrapped up in workrate that they have forgotten how wrestling works? Bryan was a super dooper chickensh*t heel who cashed in, ran from the giants and kept the belt by ridiculous means. It finally caught up to him at WM where he got caught and was pinned in seconds, just like he cashed in and pinned Show in seconds. Karma. It wasnt a burial, it was a f*cking storyline. And the idea that it hurt Bryan in any way is patently absurd when it just got him exponentially more over and they kept putting him in main events for months after that. Jack Swagger would sell his child to be as "BURIED" as Daniel f*cking Bryan has been buried in 2012.

Jesus.

"Bryan will NEVER MAIN EVENT AGAIN!"

I mean, honestly. Are people so wrapped up in workrate that they have forgotten how wrestling works? Bryan was a super dooper chickensh*t heel who cashed in, ran from the giants and kept the belt by ridiculous means. It finally caught up to him at WM where he got caught and was pinned in seconds, just like he cashed in and pinned Show in seconds. Karma. It wasnt a burial, it was a f*cking storyline. And the idea that it hurt Bryan in any way is patently absurd when it just got him exponentially more over and they kept putting him in main events for months after that. Jack Swagger would sell his child to be as "BURIED" as Daniel f*cking Bryan has been buried in 2012.

Jesus.

Yeah this. And I was one of the guys who was right there at Mania screaming "18 F*CKING SECONDS" at the TV. Even I can't deny that 2012 has been one of the best things to happen to Daniel Bryan. Far from being buried it's been the making of that man. The guy's over like rover right now, and the very thought he's been "BERRIED" is pretty dumb really.

Guest Jayfunk

Who says I don't watch it.

most over tag team in the whole company right now, and heading up a Tag Team revival is what being buried is all about

tag teams in WWE mean nothing

Me, I say you don't watch it as evidenced a) by your comment about Kane/Bryan and b) you admitted that you didn't watch HIAC PPV before you started slating it. The world needs fanboys Jay, you just have to admit you are one. It's not like any takes your opinion seriously anyway. At least with Belty you know the poor bloke has sat through 3 hours of RAW hating every single second of it before he posts anything here ;)

Guest Jayfunk
:roll its all relative, when i say means something i mean the belts mean something they have good teams and and have built a reputation. in the WWE the belts mean nothing there aren't many real tag teams most are throw together, if you need to see a tag division that meant something see WWF in 2000 then come back and tell me that they mean anothing

Guest Jimmy Redman
Even if we overlook the fact that they are rebuilding the tag division and that it currently does mean something, you still havent explained how Bryan is being buried.

Guest Jayfunk

he is with KANE

The Usos, PTP, Rhodes Scholars, Team Hell No, Sin Cara/Mysterio off the top of my head. All tag teams with some recognisable gimmick that ties them as a team. How's the tag team scene looking in TNA these days?

why are you comparing it to TNA as I am not i am comparing it days gone by.

thanks also for proving my point the bolds aren't real tag teams and the other two are terrible

Guest Jimmy Redman
Kane is hardly the most over person in the world and the whole disfunctional gimmick has been done to death

This is how we know you dont watch. Or dont pay attention.

Kane is a lot of things, but one of the last things you can lay at his door is that he's not over. He's always over. He can pretty much never not be over.

And obviously it hasnt been done to death because it is working right now.

And you STILL havent explained how any of this is a burial. A burial means something other than "I dont like it."

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity