Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  55 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

CM Punk vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania?

The Fury

and here we go!!

F4WOnline is reporting that current creative plans could see WWE Champion CM Punk defeating the Rock at the upcoming Royal Rumble in their highly anticipated match, and going on to face the Undertaker at WrestleMania 29 with the championship on the line.

One major reason WWE is hesitant to put the belt on the Rock going into WrestleMania, is the lack of title matches at house shows between January and April, as well as the company's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

According to the report, the WWE's concern for house shows is also a big reason they have not unified the two major World titles, as they feel a championship match should ideally close out each local event.

Wrestlezone will have more on this report and all WWE news leading into the 2013 Road to WrestleMana as it becomes available.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the idea of Punk/Undertaker at WrestleMania. My only concern is whether The Undertaker can be more active in 2013, because as champion, he'd obviously need to be...unless Punk wins ;)

Guest Edgehead
Its a nice idea in theory but in reality it means either putting the belt on Taker, which wouldn't really be practical or ending the streak which would just be dumb.

Punk isn't ending the streak, nobody is.

I don't dispute that for a second (and personally I'd rather Taker just left it at 20-0 and stopped wrecking himself annually), just saying if they did want to end the streak this is probably the best option since the Orton/Taker Legend Killer feud.

EDIT: In fact if the match goes ahead then WWE are kinda painting themselves into a corner booking wise. They don't want to put the title on the Rock because of him not working house shows, so how would it be any better for Taker to win the strap? Unless they did something goofy like Taker winning the title, only to drop it again the next night on Raw or something?

Actually, if Taker beats Punk then someone cashes in on Taker immediately, would that count as ending the streak?

Edited by dsrchris

Guest Edgehead
Taker is old school he would want it to end putting the next big thing over

Punk isn't the "next big thing"

As much as I like the guy he's not gonna get any bigger than he is right now

Guest Ciaran The King
I called it. (If it happens)

It won't

Punk isn't ending the streak, nobody is.

Hopefully, but this being WWE you never know

Guest Jimmy Redman
I don't dispute that for a second (and personally I'd rather Taker just left it at 20-0 and stopped wrecking himself annually), just saying if they did want to end the streak this is probably the best option since the Orton/Taker Legend Killer feud.

EDIT: In fact if the match goes ahead then WWE are kinda painting themselves into a corner booking wise. They don't want to put the title on the Rock because of him not working house shows, so how would it be any better for Taker to win the strap? Unless they did something goofy like Taker winning the title, only to drop it again the next night on Raw or something?

Actually, if Taker beats Punk then someone cashes in on Taker immediately, would that count as ending the streak?

Yes it would. Cashing in MITB to end the Streak makes me want to vomit though.

And Taker can always just drop it next month or something. He worked a proper schedule as late as 2010, so if they decided to go there he'd be able to have a short reign I guess.

Yes it would. Cashing in MITB to end the Streak makes me want to vomit though.

:lol Don't get me wrong, I think it's an awful idea too, I was more just thinking out loud about it.

I think Punk beating Taker could work, and lead towards the Punk/Austin match we all want to see. Imagine Punk getting to brag about beating Cena, then doing what Cena couldn't and beating the Rock, and then beating Taker. Next night on Raw Punk's in the ring giving it the big "I am", and then you hear the glass smash.

Not saying it would work, but in my personal fantasy booking world I'd like to see that happen.

Guest Edgehead
It would almost be worth Punk ending the streak just to see his promo the next night on Raw but on balance I'd much rather they keep the streak intact

Guest Edgehead
If Taker v Punk (The Streak v The WWE Title) ended in a DQ I think everyone would feel cheated. They would be making a huge mistake to even contemplate doing that

• Join the Club!

Become a member to participate in the forums and our Fan Clubs.

• Latest Club Activity