The Used

Guest PeteR Richards

Guest PeteR Richards

Hey, I was wondering if anyone else at TWO likes this band? I've asked a few people and no-one else seems to like them at all!

They're my favourite band at the moment (just tipping Metallica, ooh...) so I hope some other people can get some enjoyment out of their music. They're all in their early 20s and have a kind of emo/punk/rawky sound which is really unique. The singer is very diverse (as anyone who has heard them will know), from doing more soft stuff to down-right frightening screams, and is just an amazing live entertainer, so I hope they go far.

If you've heard "The Taste Of Ink" on one of the rock channels you might think they're just another punk band, but download some other songs like "A Box Full Of Sharp Objects", "Maybe Memories" or "Noise And Kisses" to hear a lot more from them.

Check 'em out.

I find them really bland and generic to be honest. Don't do anything for me, Taste of Ink was alright, verses are cool, I found the chorus, to just be dull. They just sound the same as most Emo bands to me. Nowt special.

Guest PeteR Richards

Fair enough. What emo bands would you say they sound like though? Cos I haven't really heard many bands like them.

Also people, totally disregard the fact that the singer was boning Kelly Osbourne. :P

Judging by Taste of Ink and Buried Myself Alive I like them, although I'd have to hear more before I considered myself an actual fan of them.

Guest MillionLiraMan
Originally posted by PeteR Richards

Also people, totally disregard the fact that the singer was boning Kelly Osbourne. :P

Hmm, I don't really see what that has to do with the actual music of the band. Unless of course the lead singer has them write and release a song called 'I'm boning Kelly Osbourne' with subtle lyrics hinting as to whether or not he's backscuttled her yet.

Guest PeteR Richards
Yes, but some people could have that information about him before hearing the music, and have some stupid opinion on him, based on that information, see?

Guest MillionLiraMan
Fair enough Pete. Shame though, I think that could be quite an interesting song if they ever made it! :)

Guest PeteR Richards
Hehe, no doubt about it ... and if it included the word "back-scuttled" it'd certainly be song of the year!

Guest PeteR Richards
Originally posted by emag

Cauliflour Dick :D

Wow. You're obviously really serious about music aren't you?

Yup Indeed I am, and about The Used, ive only heard Taste Of Ink and think its brilliant.........I just found the lead singers nickname funny

Guest Joanne

Emag? You find the name "Bert McCracken" funny? Sad.

The Used are brilliant, I especially like "Poetic Tradegy" :xyx