Evanescence

Guest emag

Chums and Chummettes,

Who likes em? For those of you who havnt heard of them, Evanescence are a new Goth Rock type band, mostly famous for "Bring Me To Life" which was the No Way Out (I think) theme and the video can be shown on Kerrang! and Scuzz. They sound like a mix between Lacuna Coil and Linkin Park to me. I think theyre great, I happen to be the proud owner of theyre debut album "Fallen" which have some awesome tracks, for those of you who heard "Bring Me To Life" and liked it, I recommend you download "Everybodys Fool", "Going Under" or "Hello" which are awesome! ooooh and the lead singer is gorgeous

:xyx

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Goldy
I really like them, only heard two of their tracks but their good, with a cool video too. I will download more of them when i have chance!

Guest kid banzai
Sorry, but they are awful! I had the album on last week and it just sounds like a cheaper version of Linkin Park with a female singer. This means, of course, that they will be huge :(

Guest Joanne

Evanescence - Whisper or The Last Day are cool

Too bad they appeared on kerrang though.. wannabes will attack them now and think they love them.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Crippler
Yeah I've been hearing their latest tune quite a bit - I thought it sounded familiar but I was thinking more it was from a film. My memory is crap and I can't remember what the tune was for No Way Out.

Guest Jayden
I've only heard the recent single that's on Radio 1 all the time, and I love it. I've been meaning to get the album though. One song does not a great band make.

Guest PeteR Richards
Originally posted by Joanne

Evanescence - Whisper or The Last Day are cool

Too bad they appeared on kerrang though.. wannabes will attack them now and think they love them.

Wannabes. By that do you mean people who have never heard of them and are introduced to them by Kerrang? Everyone has to find a band somehow, and having liked them for longer than other people is no reason to insult them. Let me guess, they "sold out" too?

PS: I do not like this band. They just sound like a band who're trying to make music which everyone will love, which sucks.

Guest munky666
I do like them, but its just that they ave kinda over played them abit over here, in the uk. I kinda have to be in the mood to listen to them

Guest hogan_sux
Originally posted by kid banzai

Sorry, but they are awful! I had the album on last week and it just sounds like a cheaper version of Linkin Park with a female singer. This means, of course, that they will be huge :(

couldn't have put it better myself.