Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Profile Your Favourite Star

Chris2K

The True Honour

Little challenge for all of you:

Write a profile for your favourite wrestler, bit of background info on them, honours, and of course, using a picture somewhere :)

Bit like this....

http://www.smartgroups.com/picvault/11904874.JPG/cjericho-small.JPG http://www.smartgroups.com/picvault/11904874.JPG/cjericho-small.JPG http://www.smartgroups.com/picvault/11904874.JPG/cjericho-small.JPG

CHRIS JERICHO

Chris Jericho was an employee of WCW until 1999, where he wasted away doing useless matches, and not getting anywhere near the push he deserved. WWE Television broadcast a 'Y2J' Countdown for several weeks, and his eventual debut made the Top 10 Greatest Raw Moments.

Titles Held: WWE Undisputed Title, WCW World Title,Intercontinental Champion; European Champion; Hardcore Champion; WWE World Tag Team Champion; WCW TV Champion; WCW Cruiserweight Champion

My Favourite Match: Jericho vs. Chris Benoit (Ladder Match) - Royal Rumble 2001

Finisher: Walls of Jericho

Catchphrase: "I am the Living Legend/King of the World/Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah!"

Why do I like him: I don't know really, I suppose most of it comes down to our same names, but he always made me laugh when he was a face with his insults towards Steph. He's also a very entertaining worker, and what beats the COCKY PIN!!

Your turn :)

Edited by Chris2K

Guest The Crippler

http://www.keyj.com/timages/page/benoit_l.jpg

Name: Chris Benoit

Height: 5ft 10

Weight: 230lbs

Started his career working in Canada before going over to Japan in the early 90s before signing with ECW. Later became a member of the Four Horsemen in WCW before leaving along with Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn and Eddy Guerrero to join the WWF. A career threatening injury in 2001 put him on the sidelines for a year but he is now back and whooping ass like before! :)

Titles Held (that I know of):

Super J Cup Winner 1994

WCW Championship

WWE Intercontinental Championship

WWE Tag Team Championships

WCW Tag Team Championships

ECW Tag Team Championships

WCW Television Championship

WCW US Championship

Stampede Tag Team Championships

My favourite match: Chris Benoit v Kurt Angle - Royal Rumble 2003.

Finishing Move: Crippler Crossface

Why do I like him: He was one of the first wrestlers I saw when I got back into wrestling. It was whilst he was in WCW and I just saw him and thought he was awesome. Everything he did seemed so very believable. His technique is brilliant and I've been fortunate enough to have seen many of his matches in Japan which live up to the hype people had put upon them.

Edited by The Crippler

Guest fujiwara

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/derek3/images/classics/wwf%20ric%20flair.jpg

Ring Name: Ric Flair

Nick names: Nature Boy, dirtiest player in the game

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 240 pounds

Finisher: Figure four leglock

Here we go, brace yourselves.............

Titles Held:

WWF world (2)

NWA/WCW world (14 )

NWA Mid Atlantic tag (5)

NWA Mid Atlantic TV (2)

NWA Mid Atlantic Heavyweight (2)

NWA Mid Atlantic US (5)

NWA Missouri Heavyweight (1)

WCW US (1)

= 32 Title reigns

Making his debut on the 10th December 1972 Ric Flair soon established himself as a great professional wrestler, winning many titles in the Mid Atlantic NWA. Flair quickly proved that he had the skills, now he needed a gimmick. So he adopted the Nature Boy gimmick that had been portrayed by buddy Rogers.

In 1975 He and several other Wrestlers boarded a plane to North Carolina. The plane malfucntioned and plunged 4 thousand feet, hitting a power line on the way. As a result of the accident Flair suffered a broken back. he was lucky to survive. Many thought that his career was as good as over but, just 4 months after the crash Flair returned to the ring He was part of the legendary 4 horsemen. He worked hard to better himself as an athlete and it payed off . In 1981 Ric Flair one the NWA World title. His title reigns continued. Ric was in his prime jusdt leading up to 1989, although he was nearly 40. Then came his legendary feud with Ricky Steamboat, producing some of the best matches ever.

In 1991 he jumped ship to the then WWF. Flair won the 1992 Royal Rumble in one of his finest performances. However he returned to the WCW just a year later. He one numerous world titles between 1993 and 2001 when WCW colsed its doors. Now well past his prime, Flair is acting as manager for HHH and is still working in the ring sometimes. He is a true great in the sport.

Favourite match: v Ricky Steamboat at WrestleWar 89

Why I like him: Ric Flair is quite possibly the best ever! Simply put.

his in ring skill was simply amazing back in his heyday. His Mic skill have always been amazing aswell. He is loved by fans across the world. I had heard that he was great in the 80's so decided to look at some of his matches and they proved that he is a true legend in this business.

Re: The True Honour

http://ourworld.cs.com/TRDmitchell666/nwa246.jpg

RAVEN

Multi-talented worker, worked as an announcer and manager in WWF as Johnny Polo before moving to ECW and adopting the Raven moniker in 1995. Won many titles and won over the crowds as a top heel thanks to his powerful storylines, thought-provoking promos and bloodied battles with "childhood rival" Tommy Dreamer, and The Sandman. Moved over to WCW in 97 and developed the hugely popular Flock stable and storylines. Won a few titles but never made it past mid-card. Returned to ECW in 1999 but used it only as a paid pit stop as he signed for the WWE in 2000. Used fairly well in WWE to begin with, still able to cut his famous promos. Became figurehead of the Hardcore division,, but was ruined by constant tweaks to his character, nutil he no longer resembled Raven of old. Still managed to get belters out of Rhyno and others. Released in 2003, headed to NWA:TNA, where he has become a top-line world title challenger.

Titles Held: ECW World (2) ECW Tag Team (4), MEWF Mid-Atlantic, HWA Tag Team, WCW US, WCW Tag Team, WWF/E Hardcore (27)

My Favourite Matches: Raven v Rhyno - Backlash 2001, Raven v Hak v Bam Bam Bigelow - Uncensored 1999, Raven v Sandman (Ravens Clockwork Orange House of Fun) - TNA PPV 2003

Finisher: Raven Effect/Evenflow DDT

Catchphrases: "What about me? What about Raven?" - "Quote the Raven, NeverMore!!"

Why do I like him: Something about him. His look, his words, his actions, they just captivate me. I'm a huge mark for the character. And I also am deep on hardcore wrestling, so the mixture of both that Raven brings is definately one that catches my eye immediately.

Is it just me or does that fan in the background of the Raven pic look like a zombie? :D Edited by HSM

Guest Peter K

Steve Corino

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pbcef2cf5b75eaba673e9199342b69259/fc4a6b9a.jpg

Ring Name: Steve Corino

Promotions he wrestles for:

PWF, NWA-TNA, RoH, Zero-One and many indies as well FWA

Nickname: "The King Of Old School"

Hails from: Sea Isle City, NJ

Height: 6'3

Weight: 104kg

Finisher: The Old School Explusion

Wrestling debut: 1994

Number of Professional Wrestling titles held: 31

Official website: http://www.stevecorino.com

Started off as a basic heel manager but soon made a name with his extraordinary verbal skills and soon wrestled and was over with the fans BIG TIME with his constant hardcore-put down and encouraging "Old School" wrestling.

Was ECW World Champion but sadly the fans didn't quite accepted him as champion and soon dropped the title to The Sandman.

Runs his own promotion called PWF which is based out of Pottstown, PA which is quite a good promotion and he is the current champion.

Alongside that, he is going well in Japan for Zero-One and sometimes appear for NWA-TNA.

His best qualities are top line verbal skills with excellent brawling style alongside with a cool dye-job and a scarred forehead.

He proved that there is life after ECW outside WWF/WWE as he contuintes to show why he's the King of Old School.

Why I like him: His promos and wrestling are marvellous and joy to watch - plus he's a nice chap to talk to (I've emailed him and he got back in super quick time!) - just he's enjoyable to watch and can make any wrestling show decent.

Edited by Peter K

Low-Ki

http://www.lowki.com/images/respectgraphic.jpg

Ring Name: Low-Ki

Promotions he wrestles for:

ROH, NWA-TNA, Zero One, ECWA, 3PW, and many more indys

Hails from: Brooklyn NY

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 180lbs

Finisher: Ki-Krusher 2000

Wrestling debut: 1998

Official website: http://www.Low-Ki.com

(excuse the caps, I copied and pasted this off the website...and I can't be arsed to re-write it)

BORN AND RAISED IN BROOKLYN, NEW YORK.

LOW KI' DEVELOPED THE INTEREST IN THE "SPORT" OF WRESTLING, AS DO MOST, FROM BEING EXPOSED TO IT FROM A YOUNG AGE.

SINCE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO STEP FOOT INTO THE SQUARED CIRCLE, LOW KI'S ABILITY HAS DEVELOPED VERY QUICKLY, AND THE "LIVE OR DIE" ATTITUDE TOWARDS EACH MATCH PROVES IT.

LOW KI' BEGAN HIS TRAINING IN ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST CHURCH, LOCATED IN BEDFORD STUYVESTANT, BROOKLYN IN FEBRUARY OF 1997.

THROUGH THE GUIDANCE OF FELLOW WRESTLER, HOMICIDE, LOW KI' DEVELOPED FAIRLY WELL WITH THE GIVEN ENVIRONMENT.

ALSO, THROUGH THE HELP OF AIKIDO, LOW KI' DEVELOPED A VERY STRONG FLOW, WHICH AIDE IN HIS MOVEMENTS COMING OUT VERY SMOOTHLY.

ALTHOUGH GIVEN MANY OPPORTUNITIES IN BATTLE ROYALS FOR JERSEY ALL-PRO WRESTLING, BASED IN BAYONNE, NEW JERSEY, LOW KI' WAS GIVEN HIS FIRST TRUE TEST AS A PROFESSIONAL ON THE "L.I.W.F. JUNK YARD DOG MEMORIAL SHOW" ON OCTOBER 10, 1998. ON THAT CARD, LOW KI' FACED KEN SWEENEY, CHIEF TANGO, AND LONG TIME ADVISARY, MONSTA MACK IN A FOUR WAY MATCH, IN ORDER TO DETERMINE THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDERSHIP FOR THE L.I.W.F. LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE. THAT SHOW WAS THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY LOW KI' WAS ABLE TO SHOW HOW MUCH WRESTLING ABILITY HE TRUELY HAS.

Why I like Him: Apart from the fact he's the same height as me, I enjoy his strongstyle stiff kicks and forearms, Low-Ki isn't afraid to take to the air if he needs to and his mat work is second to none.

For those who havent seen what Low-Ki is capable of...watch this clip (right click, Save Target As):Low-Ki vs Samoa Joe Music Video (made by Genicide from the ROH forum)

Edited by Verb

Guest remlap

The Sandman

http://extremeicon.8m.com/sancrowd.jpg

The Extreme Dictonarys discription of the sandman:

Sand'man". -n.

(Smokus Brawlerous)

Cigratte smoking wrestling with a propensity for violence, an an athelete with no regard for wins and loses.

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 244

Titles Held:

ECW Heavyweight Champion (3 Times) ECW Tag Team Champion -(with 2 Cold Scorpio) - Scorpio won the belts in a singles match, then asked Sandman to be his partner

XPW KING OF DEATHMATCH CHAMPION 1 time

SSCW title

Future of Wrestling Hardcore title

Biography

-After training at the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance Academy, Fullington started wrestling under the guidance of Peaches, his real life wife Lori.

- Fullingon and Peaches moved to Tod Gordon's Eastern Championship Wrestling, which eventually became ECW.

- On November 16, 1992, The Sandman defeated Don Muraco for the ECW title.

- For a moment, The Sandman was blinded and accidentally struck his wife. Tommy Cairo, his best friend and tag team partner, assisted Peaches back to her feet as Fullington regained his site. He immediately struck Cairo.

- With Peaches and Cairo together, the Sandman found a new valet - Woman (Nancy Sullivan Benoit).

- On May 14, 1994, The Sandman and Woman faced Peaches and Cairo in a mixed gender match. Peaches pinned The Sandman, but Woman threw powder in her eyes allowing Fullington to cane Cairo. The Singapore Cane became apart of the Sandman's gimmick.

- At Heatwave '94, The Sandman defeated Cairo in a "dueling canes" match.

- On March 18, 1995, The Sandman and Terry Funk defeated Shane Douglas and Cactus Jack (Mick Foley).

- The Sandman relieved Douglas of the ECW title on April 15, 1995. Woman had joined Douglas, but turned against him during the match.

- At Hardcore Heaven '95, The Sandman pinned Cactus Jack.

- The Sandman pinned Axl Rotten at Heatwave '95 at the ECW Arena.

- 2 Cold Scorpio defeated the Public Enemy's Rocco Rock on October 28, 1995. The ECW Tag Team and Television titles were both at stake, and as a result of Scorpio's victory, The Sandman and Scorpio became Tag Team champions.

- Scorpio awarded Fullington a tag-team championship on the same night the Sandman lost the ECW title to Mikey Whipwreck in a ladder match.

- The Sandman won a triangle match over Steve Austin and Mikey Whipwreck on December 9, 1995, for his third ECW title reign.

- In 1996, The Sandman gained the entrance theme "Enter Sandman," and a new valet, Missy Hyatt.

- At House Party '96, The Sandman successfully defended the ECW title against Konnan.

- On October 5, 1996, The Sandman and Dreamer faced Stevie (Steven) Richards and Brian Lee. Raven's ECW title was on line when he missed the show. The Sandman pinned Richards to once again become ECW champion.

- At the 1996 November 2 Remember, The Sandman defeated Raven.

- The Sandman defeated Balls Mahoney at Hostile City Showdown '97.

- At the 1998 House Party, The Sandman defeated Sabu in a "Stairway to Hell" match.

- Mahoney, Rotten, and The Sandman beat Kronus, New Jack, and Spike Dudley and the Dudley Boys in a "three way dance" at Cyberslam '98.

- Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman beat the Dudley Boys when Sandman pinned D-Von and Dreamer pinned Buh Buh Ray.

- At Heatwave '98, Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, and Little Spike Dudley beat The Dudley Boys (Buh Buh Ray, D-Von and Big Dick) in a "street fight."

- Fullington entered WCW as Hardcore Hak. He was managed by Chastity during his WCW tenure.

- Hak defeated Raven and Bam Bam Bigelow in a "three way dance" at the 1999 Uncensored in Louisville, KY.

- At the 1999 Great American Bash, Hak defeated Brian Knobs in a hardcore match.

- A short time later, WCW released Chastity and announced it was phasing out hardcore matches. It was just a matter of time before Fullington returned to ECW.

- The Sandman returned to ECW on October 23, 1999. He interrupted a Raven/Dreamer vs. the Impact Players tag match. After the match, The Sandman and Dreamer drank beer to the pleasure of the ECW Arena crowd.

- On July 7, 2001, The Sandman defeated Vic Grimes on a XPW show in Los Angeles, CA.

- On December 14, 2001, The Sandman did an invasion angle at the ECW Arena for Combat Zone Wrestling.

- In January 2002, The Sandman made his debut in Japan for the FMW promotion.

- On April 13, 2002, The Sandman defeated Barry Horowitz in Davies, FL for the Future of Wrestling Hardcore title.

- The Sandman made his NWA TNA debut on February 12, 2003.

- A short time later, The Sandman was banned from working in Pennsylvania by the State's Athletic Commission.

- On March 29, 2003, The Sandman won a battle royal in Clifton, NJ to briefly win the SSCW title.

The reason The Sandman is my favorite wrestler I dont know he cant really be called a wrestler more of a brawler but the gimmick he was given In ECW and still plays todays was far head of the time and still is not dated today

The match that got me hooked was 6 months ago when I picked November to Remeber 95 with the tag match leading on to a title shot even though he didnt get it Austin ended up with it

Guest Jerichoholic

As C2K has already done Chris Jericho, im gonna do...

http://www.dwaynejohnsononline.com/raw42103/96.jpg

Ring names: The Rock, Rocky Maivia, Flex Kavana

The Rock made his proper debut at Survivor Series 1996, where he won a traditional 4 vs 4 survivor match. It didn't take him long to get over and he soon became Intercontinental champion. He then became a member of Nation Of Domination and as that stable faded, he soon became an established star. He became world champion for the first time at Survivor series 1998, and turned heel at the same time. But in a matter of months, he proved to popular to be a heel and became a face again. It wasnt long after than when he started the famous Rock & sock connection with Mick Foley. He has since gone on to capture the WWE title 7 times and is also a 2 time WCW champion. He has also become a movie star after staring in The Mummy Returns and Scorpion King. But he still finds time to work with WWE and has had feuds with Hulk Hogan over the past year.

Titles held: WWE world (7 times), WCW world (2 times), Intercontinental (2 times), Tag Team (5 times).

My favourite match: Either Rock vs Hogan at WM 2002 or Rock vs Austin at WM 2001.

Finishers: Rock Bottom & Poeples Elbow.

Best catchphrases: "If ya smell what The Rock is cookin". "Finally, The Rock has come back to..."Know your role and shut your mouth".

Why do I like him: Probably cos I started getting interested in wrestling again at the time when debuted. He has so much charisma and i've never seen anyone who can cut a promo like The Rock can. He is so entertaining to watch, always comes up with something funny. He can put on decent matches too, and is always willing to put other guys over. He helped Brock Lesnar become a star and recently helped Hurricane become a star.

Guest Peter

http://smackdown.wwe.com/superstars/sable/images/sable_l.jpg

Joking...................:D

Would of done Benoit, but since its been done I'll do:

http://smackdown.wwe.com/superstars/angle_k/images/kurt1.jpg

Debuted in 1999 in the WWE and beat Shawn Stasiak. Had argubly the most successful rookie year ever, as he was the Euro-Continental champ, the 2000 King of the Ring, and capped it off by winning the WWE Title. In 2001 feuded with Trippers, Rock, Benoit and Shane to name a few, and played a big part in the WWE vs. Alliance storyline. Carried Edge to his best series of matches ever in the WWE early last year. Had a great match with Brock at Wrestlemania this year, and recently got neck sugery which will put him on the shelf for two months.

Titles Held: WWE Champion; WWE Tag Team Champion; Intercontinental Champion; European Champion; Hardcore Champion.

My Favourite Match: Probably the Street Fight with Shane, or vs. Benoit at Unforgiven last year.

Finisher: Angle Slam/Ankle Lock

Why I Like Him: Is willing to put over any wrestler, and always has a good match. Has awesome amateur in ring skills, and fantastic promo ability, whether he is playing a heel or a face.

Guest Craig Van Dam

Rob Van Dam

http://www.robvandam.com/rvdap07.jpg

RVD spent 4 years in ECW he was arguably the most popular ECW star of all time he has the record ECW T.V title reign which was 23 months. In July 2001 RVD made his WWE debut and since has had a fairly sucessfull carear

Titles Held: WWE I.C Title(3) WWE Hardcore Title(3) World Tag Team W/Kane ECW T.V ECW Tag Team(2) W/Sabu

My Favourite Match: RVD Vs Jeff Hardy Invasion 2001 or Ladder match Vs Eddie Guererro Raw 2002

Finisher: 5 Star Frog Splash

Catchphrase: "Whatever" "I'm the whole dam show" "Rob.....................Van...........Dam"

Why do I like him: I like his ring style and the way he can get reaction from the crowd

Have an image on me :)

Chris2K

Edited by Chris2K