Guest Huntersledgehammer

Is HHH a good champ?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is HHH a good champ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Guest El Selecta
HHH is a shit champ. I can't help thinking he is getting the line between 'work and shoot' blured. Apart from having the title handed to him on a plate (or case) he seems to refuse to drop it to anybody. This totaly ruins RAW. If he hasen't used his influence to totaly bury their carriers (see RVD/Y2J), he just constantly beats them (Booker T/Scot Steiner). This does not get him over but just alienates fans. It also damages the product as title matches are just pointless; who actualy thought Booker T was actualy going to win at Mania despite most people I know wanting him to. HHH needs to acept that he is just never going to be a Hogan/Flair or Rock. He needs to stop trying to put himself over at the expence of both the other talent and the wrestling buisines as a whole.

I would have to say no, he is a crap champ. A great champion is smart enough to realise that his time as the champ is over, and would duefully pass the title onto the next suitable opponent, no matter the consequences. HBK passed it to Stone Cold through immense pain, Rock put over Brock at summerslam, even though he is a hollywood star and it may affect his "pulling power" at the box office, and kurt angle went through yet another neck injury to pass his title to Brock. HHH wont reliquish the title, only to his buddy shawn, and that was only for a month. His ego gets in the way and due to his connection with stephenie, he is allowed to seemingly do whatever he wants.

Guest The Crippler
I don't mind Triple H really as a champion. I think this reign he has had has kind stunk though. It is nearly 6 months now since he won the championship off Shawn Michaels and he hasn't had any really good matches of note since. So this reign hasn't been that good but I don't mind him as champion that much.

Lets all say goodbye to Huntersledgehammer because the poor guy has been slated so hard in his 2 first posts we probably wont see him again. The cheek of him to be a Triple H fan whatever was he thinking :roll

Guest Tajiri

I haven't enjoyed HHH at all since his return in early 2002, I just find the guy dull.

But the thing about HHH is that is if WWE were to stick the title on one Raw guys like Booker, RVD, Kane etc he would probaly fail to draw like HHH because of the damage that has been done to them by months of random meaningless jobs and half assed pushes that come they come out of worse than they went in which is not so much HHH's fault but simply that WWE have no confidence in guys like RVD, Jericho or Booker being long term draws and are more happy to bring in guys like Nash or Michaels.

Firstly, HSM, has one guy in both threads said anything negative towards huntersledgehammer? I think one comment above me says "what a dumb question". Thats it. The dude hasn't been slated at all. God forbid people hating HHH :roll. Its just people sharing opinion. If they don't agree with someone elses, tough shit. Opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, and you have to live it. If it had slated huntersledgehammer (who I consider very brave for stepping into anti-HHH territory and still being here), THEN there would be a problem, and I would have deleted those posts quicker than Big Show downs a cheeseburger. Yes, people are a little too negative sometimes, but its an opinion, and everyone has to respect the others opinion. If huntersledgehammer likes HHH, good for him. If Nicole likes HHH, good for her. No one has a right to put down their opinions. But no one has a right to put down ours either, unless it verges on flaming of another poster and their personal opinions, which violates TWO law and is a punishable offense. But from where I read, people having their own opinion isn't against the law. At WWE, maybe, but not at TWO. Not to come off snobby or anything, but I just thought i should clear that up a bit. Any more queries, hit me up on MSN.

Right.. rant over. Onto the topic, I think that HHH is probably the best champion RAW can have right now. Why? Because everyone else has been ruined to the point of no return. No one really means anything anymore, through little fault of their own. HHH, through all fault of his own, is starting to become a lot more stale and after supposedly driving so many into the ground, is sinking himself, and may not be able to come up. Of course, he always has the rope of the McMahon family to cling onto, but its boring. Same champion, same boring matches. Predictable results. Its all the same. So much for being the most unpredictable show on television.

Guest Nicole
Maybe there are more people who do like triple H, but there too afraid to admit it because of the stick they will get.

Maybe... but probably not :D

EDIT: Looking back, I can see what you are saying, Nic. I think some people do give off the wrong impression towards HHH fans. But at the end of the day, people don't really get stick for liking him, and if they do, I have yet to see it (if it does ever happen, someone please do direct me to it). But I really don't see why anyone should be ashamed of liking him. But then I see less shame in not liking him ;)

Edited by DraVen

Originally posted by draVen

Firstly, HSM, has one guy in both threads said anything negative towards huntersledgehammer? I think one comment above me says "what a dumb question". Thats it. The dude hasn't been slated at all. God forbid people hating HHH :roll. Its just people sharing opinion. If they don't agree with someone elses, tough shit. Opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, and you have to live it. If it had slated huntersledgehammer (who I consider very brave for stepping into anti-HHH territory and still being here), THEN there would be a problem, and I would have deleted those posts quicker than Big Show downs a cheeseburger. Yes, people are a little too negative sometimes, but its an opinion, and everyone has to respect the others opinion. If huntersledgehammer likes HHH, good for him. If Nicole likes HHH, good for her. No one has a right to put down their opinions. But no one has a right to put down ours either, unless it verges on flaming of another poster and their personal opinions, which violates TWO law and is a punishable offense. But from where I read, people having their own opinion isn't against the law. At WWE, maybe, but not at TWO. Not to come off snobby or anything, but I just thought i should clear that up a bit. Any more queries, hit me up on MSN.

The point i was trying to make is that this forum has become so negative towards HHH and various others that fans of these wrestlers are put off posting. If hunter posts 2 threads about Triple H and 90% of the comments are negative (which they are) then hes not very likely going to post again. The amount of flak I take because i like Kevin Nash is unbelieveable and yes i take it on the chin and laugh it off because i am what you could call a 'regular' on this forum. But god help any other Nash fan who should be browsing this forum. Im sure they would really be encouraged to post especially after seeing an entire thread making fun out of Nash just for dyeing his hair.Now i am not saying people arent allowed to be negative because everyone is entitled to there opinion i was just trying to point out that lately the majority of opinions have been very very negative and at times this forum comes across as very anti-WWE. Be that rightly or wrongly thats definatly what it comes across as.

From what i cant tell your criticising me for voicing my opinon at the very same time as saying everyones opinion is valid so arent you contradicting yourself?

Never critisised your opinion. I merely presented the "other side of the coin". If I was critising your opinion, it would look more like:

"You ******. Your opinion sucks. Everyone is happy for HHH fans you blind bastard. Blah blah blah live with it". - or to that effect :)

Of course, I have more respect for you and more dignity and brains than to do that. I was merely trying to show you the other side so to speak. It is kinda hard to explain it though. I prefer to think of it as "challenging an opinion" rather than "critising", two different things. Hmm... is still a hard subject to explain though. I think from my own point of view, your post was making it out like he (the poster) was being put down and flamed for having that opinion, which he wasn't (at least from my view over here). Of course, if you think he was, fair enough. Thats cool.

To wrap it up: I think as long as opinions are fairly challenged, its ok, because it causes people to think more, and we get a better level of conversation and a good discussion going, which is what TWO is about. As long as it doesn't cross over to flaming or being "harsh" as you put it on someone for having that opinion (calling someone a stupid mark for liking WWE or putting down a Nash fan would constitute as this), then I think its ok.

I do however agree about people being put off, as I said about what Nicole said. And it is a shame that it is misconstued as that. Maybe people should be a bit less critical of him and WWE in general. But then there would be no point of the forum if you have to tone down your opinion on a wrestler. And to be fair, its not like HHH and WWE haven't done their fair share to deserve the critisism. But we do need to find a way to accomadate more fans, including HHH fans. Mark, smark or whatever, everyone should be entitled to their own opinions on here, and we should be a little more compassionate with them, and if we do want to challenge them, just give your opinion, and try to teach them a little, or offer advice or so on. Contradictory to my past antics, I will admit. But I live and learn, and this is something that I have learned and accepted to help change.

As for Nash, I see no reason for being put down for liking him, and if it is on the forum, as long as it isn't in seriousness (I know the regulars that say things are usually joking, as they do to Sabba for liking Big Show), it should be ok. Hell, I used to mark for Papa Shango. Nothing wrong with it. I agree that the serious flak shouldn't be there, and again, please tell me if you do see it. I do believe the Nash thread was really blown up to be more than what it really was... just a little lighthearted ribbing. But as long as people make sure that others know that they're just joking, I see nothing wrong.

This situation is something that should be talked about more, but I'd save it for MSN or the feedback forum, as there are too many solutions that cancel each other out and contradict the other. I do agree though that we need to make HHH and even other fans feel a little more welcoming, even if they like wrestlers the majority of us don't.

Plus... in true TWO tradtion, we have slid straight off topic. But I'm glad this situation has been brought up and addressed. :xyx

Guest SiMania
Originally posted by El Selecta

HHH is a shit champ. I can't help thinking he is getting the line between 'work and shoot' blured. Apart from having the title handed to him on a plate (or case) he seems to refuse to drop it to anybody. This totaly ruins RAW. If he hasen't used his influence to totaly bury their carriers (see RVD/Y2J), he just constantly beats them (Booker T/Scot Steiner). This does not get him over but just alienates fans. It also damages the product as title matches are just pointless; who actualy thought Booker T was actualy going to win at Mania despite most people I know wanting him to. HHH needs to acept that he is just never going to be a Hogan/Flair or Rock. He needs to stop trying to put himself over at the expence of both the other talent and the wrestling buisines as a whole.

I can't help thinking it's you who's got the line blurred