Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

RIP Miss Elizabeth

Guest Pabster

Guest Pabster

Credit : 1wrestling.com :

Multiple sources have confirmed to 1Wrestling.com that the female involved in the incident at Lex Luger's home this morning was his longtime companion "Miss Elizabeth".

Sources tell 1Wrestling.com that authorities responded early this morning to a 911 call placed by Luger (real name Larry Pfohl)and that Elizabeth (real name Elizabeth Hulette) was rushed to a local Cobb County hospital where she passed away.

Sources say Luger was taken into custody this morning, but it is not know whether any charges have been lodged against him at this time.

Local media in Atlanta is reporting that police responded to a domestic disturbance on Easter at Luger's residence. There is no indication at this time that the incident this morning involved violence.

:(

Guest The Crippler

Sad story.

Having said that nothing surprises me anymore to do with wrestling. Inside or outside of the ring. The amount of deaths in wrestling is abnormally high.

Suppose we will have to wait for more details.

Guest Pabster

More from 1wrestling :

Sources tell 1Wrestling.com that Lex Luger (real name Larry Pfohl) was released from custody this morning at approximately 11:30 am after being questioned by Cobb County authorities in connection with the death of "Miss Elizabeth" (real name Elizabeth Hulette).

Sources have told us that Luger placed a 911 call this morning and that Elizabeth was rushed to a local hospital where she passed away.

No cause of death has been made public and authorities have not made any official comment on the case at this time.

Local authorities are continuing their investigation.

Guest Alan

I agree with draven, no one deserves to die before their time. And the amount of people involved with the wrestling biz that fall subject to this is way too high. however it will keepon happening due to the lifestyles that the older superstars used to live, some still do and it surprises me that they are still around today to tell the tale.

Miss elizabeth will be sorely missed by both fans and stars alike.

R.I.P Elizabeth Hulette

Guest Russ

The fact that Luger's name is even mentioned, added to the statement about the domestic abuse, pretty much rules out a WWE return, at least until the cause of death is cleared up.

But the main story here is the fact that Liz is dead, and it's a great shame whether Lex was involved or not. She was an important figure in wrestling, perhaps the most popular female ever. It's a sad story that we've all seen plenty of times before, when a wrestler dies at a relativly young age.

I'm shocked!

The MachoMan/Sherri/Elizabeth angle was one of the first I can remember, and I have to say I loved that ending to it at Wrestlemania 7.

I just dont know what else to say, will have to wait and see until more information is available.

RIP Liz.

From AJC.com

Cobb County police say they have found no sign of foul play in the death Thursday of wrestling personality Miss Elizabeth, who was rushed to the hospital from the Marietta home of former wrestler Lex Lugar.

Elizabeth A. Hulette, 42, was unresponsive when police were summoned at 5:35 a.m. to the home off Powder Springs Road, said Cobb police spokesman Cpl. Brody Staud.

He said the woman died at Kennestone Hospital, but authorities have not determined the cause of death.

"There were no signs of foul play. We are not investigating this as a homicide," said Staud, adding that police will await an autopsy report from the county medical examiner.

Police received a call from the residence, where Hulette lived with the former wrestler, whose real name is Lawrence Pfohl. Police spoke to him early Thursday and he rode with her to the hospital, said Staud.

From MachoMan.com:

"I am deeply saddened by this news, and our thoughts and prayers are with Elizabeth's family." ~Randy Savage

Guest MillionLiraMan

What a shame. I also remember the Elizabeth/Sherri/Macho King situation at WrestleMania VII providing an interesting afterthought to Savage's match there, and for many of us she was the first female 'manager' figure we can remember. She also had interesting parts to play in setting up Savage/Hogan and Savage/Flair, and was a big hit with the fans back in her heyday. It is a shame that so many people involved with wrestling are passing on before their time, hopefully that will trend will end before long.

R.I.P. Miss Elizabeth.

Guest Sabba Simba

She was a very influential figure in the late eighties/early nineties, and without her the Macho - Hogan feud of that time might not have hit such heights. It's so sad that the entertainers we grew up with are leaving us, and my thoughts are with Elizabeth's family. I seriously hope there was no foul play involved.

Like Kam, one of my favourite angles ever was when Macho Man and Elizabeth became a couple at Wrestlemania 7. That was beautifully written.

RIP Miss Elizabeth. You will be sorely missed.

Guest Russ

The news is now that Luger has been arrested for possetion of illegal body enhancing drugs, and is spending the night in a jail cell.

I can't see any good coming from this story, it's just one sad tale after another.

Guest Rikidozan

I always had a soft spot for Liz, she never said much but always had an air of beauty about her.

I guess any hopes Luger had about returning to New York are gone.

P.S: I never had any idea that Luger was on steroids:roll

Edited by Rikidozan