Open Club  ·  72 members  ·  Free

Gaming

PS3: 2005

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

Excellent!!!

The PS3 will definently hit stores in 2005. And even late 2004 earliest!!!

Konami have already proclaimed that PS2 technology is too feeble for their Metal Gear, so, they will be the first to see PS3 as a must- get.

They will still produce MGS3 though, for the PS2, and it ,may even have online capability!!!

The question is: Are you going to get PS3?

How Much do u think it will cost?

What technology will it have?

I'm gonna do an in depth preview into PS3, (if that's ok) with various sources such as magazines/websites/books/e.t.c

What are your PS3 predictions and expectations?

plz reply/

ChrisfromBirtley

Guest Peter K
Total and utter rubbish - it may come in 2005 or later - all consoles have delays - as for late 2004 - your source must be talking out if their behinds.

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

As I said, it's the sources.

Who knows?

The question is:

What do u expect?

Would u buy it?

I know, I expect very high standards, and would probably buy it.

Guest Peter K

What's the big deal about PS3? the ONLY thing is it will have faster processor with more graphics to provide more lovely graphics but gameplay are far important than graphics unlike most of the people today - they seem to be hooked on graphics instead of gameplay....

Right now, I'm happy with what I've got now, Splinter Cell, Shenmue and Shenmue 2.

Guest Russ

I know I'm not the only person fed up with people shouting from the rooftops "PS3 IS COMING OUT IN <Year X>!!!!!!! IT'S TOTALLY 100% CONFIRMED!!!!".

When it's announced, trust me, you won't have to post it here, everyone will know.

Guest ChrisfromBirtley

Well u be happy.

I'm well chuffed with the PS2.

I have Splinter Cell, MGS2, R&C, MOH, SD! SYM, GTA: VC among many other great titles, but I still want to know more into the PS3.

Not everyone will be interested, but, some people may take an active part in it.

I still wanna get by money's worth of the PS2, and there's a long way off yet.

There's still top titles promised like:

Jak And Daxter 2

GTA 4

MGS3

GT4

MOH: Rising Sun

Syphon Filter 4

Plus: Internet access.

I am not worried about over powering, but, am still curious into Sony's big plans...

Guest Peter K

ChrisfromBirtley - you are in my good books now as you own Splinter Cell!

Though I own the X-Box version of Splinter Cell I am sure the PS2 version is the same right?:?

Cheers!:xyx

Guest Seabass
2005 does seem like the most likely time it would be released- but for now i am happy to play my PS2 to get excited abt the PS3

Guest Alan

To be quite honest what is the point of worrying about PS3 now anyway, the predicted release date at the moment is 2 years away and there is a lot of life left in the PS2.

PS: Splinter Cell aint all its cracked up to be!

Guest Peter K
Originally posted by AlanJP

To be quite honest what is the point of worrying about PS3 now anyway, the predicted release date at the moment is 2 years away and there is a lot of life left in the PS2.

PS: Splinter Cell aint all its cracked up to be!

Play Splinter Cell more AlanJP - the game is truly amazing - yeah you probably played it on PS2 - but play it on X-Box - its well good!

Just give it couple more spins.

Guest Feenix

Right, here's the deal with the PS3 at the moment.

NOTHING has yet been comfirmed, all we have is rumors and leaked information from inside sources. The most exiting info we've had is the possibility of the Cell processer being integrated into the PS3. For those of you who dont know about the Cell processer it's an extremely powerful chip, and here's the best part, it's 1000 times more powerful than the PS2!

The processor, which has been in development since early 2001, will be built on an advanced fabrication line in Japan. The new plant in the Nagasaki Prefecture will cost the company some $1.6 billion.

Now here's the bad part. If the PS3 does have the Cell chip this will put a PS3 release date to 2006 at the very earliest. However this technology would put Sony so far in front of Microsoft and Nintendo that they wouldn't be able to catch up for years even decades. :D

Guest Peter K

And I sense some anti-Nintendo and Microsoft comments to come......

I said that above because I own a PS2 and a X-Box and am planning getting a GameCube soon and like to play across all formats.

No matter what The Cell specs are, you have to say - Sony didn't innovate the gaming market ON THEIR OWN!!!!!

Nintendo invented so many things we see today from the vibration, the basic game pad controller, the small CD for Game Cube designed to prevent piracy and the Wavebird controller!

Microsoft also perfected Broadband gaming with X-Box Live! and designed a console which a memory card is NOT essential as there is a hard drive in the console!

Then Sony perfected the analogue control and invented the first ever console to feature backwards compablity with over 90% of PSOne titles being playable on PS2.

The Cell news is not worth hopping around and celebrating - it is merely another pioneering fact from Sony!

As for the competition catching up - they'll catch up no matter what fancy processor!

Guest Seabass

1000 times more powerful!...excuse me while i say Bulls***

Besides what good is the power of the processor if it it's too hard to develop games on. Remember the emotion engine (what the PS2 uses), it had some fancy stats and looked like the bees knees, but it had one outstanding problem- it was very hard to develop on (the creator of MGS said it was hard to design on).

lets see 2006...that's about 2 1/2 years from now- pleanty of time for Nintendo and Microsoft to make a chip 1001 more times powerful then the PS2

Guest Alan
Originally posted by PK (WCW + ECW Fan)

Play Splinter Cell more AlanJP - the game is truly amazing - yeah you probably played it on PS2 - but play it on X-Box - its well good!

Just give it couple more spins.

The game is near identical on both formats, it is a cheap imitation of Metal Gear Solid. Plus it is very hard to find many Xbox owners around!!!