What's Happened?

Chris2K

TWO used to be a nice, friendly, warm place that you could go to and discuss anything among a group of people that wouldn't care about your opinion on anything.

Now.... that seems to have gone. Nearly EVERY thread (especially in the US Forum) seems to have some form of bitching, fighting, arguing and general negativity. And I for one would hold my hand up and say I've hardly helped the situation.

I say that EVERYONE here (yes, even SINGHY) has to help things out. We need to cut out the back-biting and flaming, and try and return things to a state of normality as soon as possible.

Thank you, and a very good night to you all.

Guest Goldy
Well said Chris, I totally agree. Everyone at TWO has always had different views on which promotion/wrestler etc they like and everyones always managed to rub along before, i don't know whats changed but it dosen't make for a pleasant atmosphere. We're all different and should respect other peoples opinion even if we don't agree with it, theres no need to be disrespectful, so good post Chris and lets hope we can return to the TWO we all know and love :)

Guest Nicole
Sometimes, Msn is the problem. If people have problems with people on msn, they usually bring that onto the boards and vice versa. I don't see how moaning about it is gonna help one little bit, just close threads that are going off on a bitch fest. Simple.

Close threads, warn offenders, reinforce the rules, UPDATE the rules, etc. Seems almost like a prison. But the flaming does have to stop. Simple solution isn't for rules, but for the people themselves. Most of the offenders are the regulars who should know better. If theres a problem, take it on MSN and deal with it between the two of you. Myself not the ideal rolemodel to preach but its basic fact.

At the end of the day, lets try and stay happy. Friendly, challenging discussion, as a family. Arguments? You know where MSN is :xyx. We don't want to make TWO a jail at all. Heaven knows I'd love to simple let everyone have a bit more freedom. But if things do continue, as much as it seems like "nothing", it isnt "nothing" and we will have to come down hard. But I'm sure we'll be fine. We always pull through :)

Oh, but I will talk to Kam about updating the rules. They are REALLY out of date and in need of refurbishment. Grapple is still a mod is he now? ;)

Guest The Crippler

Yeah the rules could probably do with an update but I don't really think things are that bad. Sure there have been a few arguments but you are always going to get them.

As for the closing threads thing, I think it is best if the moderators only close threads when it is really necessary. We aren't going to close them because of a difference of opinion which I think is all it is a lot of the time and people just end up taking it to heart.

Guest Pabster

I think i'm on my own in thinking this but I think things have been cool around these parts recently. You found a lot of bitching at TWO about a year ago but in my opinion things are great thesedays.

You may have the odd argument but what is a proper message board without the odd argument?

Cheers.

Guest Dan

From my stand point the I think that the forums seems to be going ok, yup, there is a bit of bitching etc, but no matter what happens, thats always generally going to be there. Granted, I'm not as active in the forums as most regular TWO members but from what I have seen, things seem ok, but maybe thats just me.

I don't know if Chris post was directed to the "whole" of TWO, or just to the forums, but the chat rooms seem to be going ok. We may not have had huge amounts of people in the rooms, but the people that are in the rooms from what I have seen are generally getting along fine. Hopefully any problems can be sorted quickly :xyx

Guest Jung
To be honest, I haven't noticed much bitching at all. Sure there has been a bit, but nowhere near as much as last year, I mean you are always gonna get a bit, but it's alright.

Guest Peter
I don't really think bitching is a problem around here recently, I'd say the biggest problem we've been having lately is the amount of threads that have went completely off topic.

Guest MillionLiraMan

I have to agree with Peter, Burger King is better than McDonalds. :)

Actually I don't think there's been much of a problem at all, a couple of minor things happened recently but they were taken care of without any big deal. I do think it's good that there are posters like Chris2k who voice their concern when something does happen, but we do have to allow for differences of opinion otherwise the forums won't have much noteworthy discussion within them. When things have been out of order recently though, they've been resolved quickly, which is good.

Guest Alan
I have noticed a bit of bitching in the US forum, but otherwise everyone seems to be getting along fine as far as i can see!

Guest Sabba Simba

I think it's been fine too, certainly, as people have pointed out, better than a few months back.

A quick point about topics being closed/locked... I hate it, really hate it. It's like the mods have to use their authority in some way. Comments such as 'I've had enough of this' and then locking a thread really bug me. Don't know why, maybe lack of sleep has brought on this mini rant.

Thanks for listening.

Guest The Crippler
Originally posted by Sabba Simba

A quick point about topics being closed/locked... I hate it, really hate it. It's like the mods have to use their authority in some way. Comments such as 'I've had enough of this' and then locking a thread really bug me.

Who does that Sabba?

Like I said in my post here, I only think posts should be closed when totally necessary.

I don't think me, Pabster or Russ close threads because we feel like we have to use our authority. Maybe I'm wrong.