Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

A thought I had after the breakout tour

Guest Adam Sibley

Guest Adam Sibley

Which areas of Britain do you think are starved of wrestling plead your case.

If you can think of an area do you know of any suitable ideas for venues.

Was just trying to find out which are the most starved areas of Britain for Wrestling.

Guest Verb

I would say, The Midlands, the Far North and Scotland

excuse me for not knowing venues

my area (NE Lincs) although we have the breakout tour, we have nothing regularly, an event at Scunthorpe Bath Hall would be good ;)

Midlands is only starved of FWA. There are quite a few promotions around this area a bit, but then I think FWA could get a huge following over here. The Coventry Skydome sold out for UCW so why not FWA, a bigger and better company?

Not that I'd go anyway, unless it was a joint show with MLW. But still, theres a lot of fans around these areas.

Guest Dan
I'd say that the North is very starved, in my area of the North East we have very few shows , maybe 3 or 4 a year and thats if we are lucky. There is a huge number of venues in the north east just waiting to be used. I know soem feds believe they have come up north, but up this north we hav had no decent wrestling. And I believe that Cumbria is even more straved of wrestlin.

Guest Goldy
I would say the West Midlands, although as draVen has pointed out we aren't totally starved of UK wrestling, just FWA, and it would be nice not to travel miles to see their show. It's a total shame that All Star have took over the Oakengates theatre as that would of been an ideal venue for a house show, but i would be happy with anywhere in the West Midlands. :)

Guest Walshy
The north west gets quite a few shows but Liverpool is starved, we get 1 maybe 3 shows a year if where lucky and that by those big time american wrestling idiots, (note: the people who book crap us talent ie. David Flair) The FWA is what everyone wants to see but the closest they come is morcambe, which isn't practical for the younger fans and students, in Liverpool there is the Playhouse or the Everyman theatre which could hold a wrestling event. I really want to see the FWA before all of the current stars become more involved with the US scene, but like many fans I can't afford to travel past my own backyard to see them!

Guest Cactus Jack

I've pleaded my case for North West wrestling to RBW, WZW, FWA

RBW:

*Know* the owner very well through MSN, but understandably, wants to concentrate on establishing the promotion before long distance touring. I've hope they might pop up in the North West.

WZW:

This looks the most promising. Again *know* the owner through MSN. Gone as far as researching venues and putting them in contact with the Council/relative authorities.

FWA:

Again, this looked promising. When asking, I was met with a surprising postive response, in the terms of them coming up to the North West, most probably because of the FWA Breakout Tour. Again, provided venue details.

Seems like an analysis of sorts there :xyx I've posted my progression, how about yours?

Guest Peter K

Please........bring wrestling to Wisbech......please - I beg you wrestling promotions!!

The ideal venue for FWA would be the Hudson Leisure Centre - can hold 500 people.

Guest Thunder
The South West is starved of wrestling IMO, weve had two well one show in the Gloucester area so far, All Star in March and ESEW No showed in March. Ive only seen 2 Wrestling shows and i want more but most feds just seem to pass us by. Its not like we have crap facilities i mean we have a 2000 seater arena at the Gloucester Leisure centre which All Star used last March and managed to get a good 600 + people there.

Guest Popsi
i think the Newport show showed that there is a market for wrestling in and around Wales so please come back here

Guest Jayden

Wisbech, superb. Nobody should go to Wisbech. Les Ferdinand, after playing football there, said it was the roughest most racist place in England.

Having visited a mate of mine there countless times, I'd say he's probably not far wrong.