• Patrick Vieira
    • James Beattie
    • Michael Owen
    • Alan Shearer
    • Jermaine Jenas
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Carlo Cudicini

Guest The Crippler
While I'm a big Alan Shearer mark, I have to go with Ruud van Nistelrooy. He has been brilliant this season and has had almost a Cantona like affect on United this year.

Guest Craig Van Dam
It's gotta be Paul Scholes for me he has been the best all round player this season it sucks he wasnt voted player of the year by the PFA

Guest Vampiro
definately ruud van nistelrooy by a long shot. i cant believe henry got player of the year, he is greedy and moany!

Guest Goldy
I agree with the PFA and will vote for Henry, he's a great player, who has scored loads of goals, wheres the city players on this list anyway? :D

Guest Popsi

it pains me to say this but i do think that Ruud should be the player of the season. im an arsenal fan but even i can see hes had a great season

i will now go and wash out my mouth with bleach

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
Originally posted by Vampiro

definately ruud van nistelrooy by a long shot. i cant believe henry got player of the year, he is greedy and moany!

Rudd got player of the year(2003) not henry

Guest Brother Kano

its a toss up between : scholes ,rooney,beatie, nisterlrooy

damm it beatie should be england regular

damn you sven

Guest Jayden
its a toss up between : scholes ,rooney,beatie, nisterlrooy

Out of those four Ruud's been the best by a mile. Beattie's scored a lot of goals this season, but he isn't an England player and I don't think he ever will. If you honestly expect me to believe he is one of the two best English strikers at the moment then I'm sorry, that's ridiculous. How many minutes of football has Rooney played this season? Compare that to what Van Nistelrooy has done and there's no contest.

I think it only ever came down to two players, Henry and Van Nistelrooy. Now, for me, Henry was the best player in the first half of the season, Van Nistelrooy the best at the end. I can understand Henry getting the players award as the voting was all in before Van Nistelrooy's strong finish to the season, but I would have gone for Van Nistelrooy for the writers award. That said, I really don't think there's much to choose between the two. They are the two most complete strikers in the Premiership, and their all round game is superb. If we had one of those two instead of Michael Owen spearheading our attack I'd be a lot more confident of us winning Euro 2004