Open Club  ·  72 members  ·  Free

Gaming

Def Jam Vendetta Out In UK

Guest Russ

Guest Russ

Anyone else got the game?

I picked it up on Saturday, and I have to say that I'm fairly impressed. With the No Mercy engine working perfectly on the PS2, it's amazing that there was never a WWE game using the same game engine brought out on a Sony system.

Anyway, I'm still getting to grips with things, but I'm really enjoying the career mode, and the rap influences in the game are easily hidden with the aid of the Mute button on your TV's remote.

Expect a full review at TWO later in the week. :)

Hey Russ, would you recomend me buying Def Jam?

Im really in two minds about whether to get it or not. I think going to rent it first. But the evil money spending side of me wants to buy it.

Is it really worth me buying? How would you rate it along side Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth!?

Guest Russ

It's certainly a good move on your part by wanting to rent it, as it's better to rent a game for £3 and not enjoy it than waste £40 on it.

Anyway, the short answer is yes, I recommend it.

For the long answer, you'll have to wait for my review at the TWO Video Games Section. :)

Son of a bitch! ;)

Im going to make a move later on this fine afternoon and go rent it.

If it sucks I want £3 off you, if its good. You can be my new best friend! :) Haha!

Thanks anyways.

i have this game on a demo disc that came with my playstation magazine...and i have to say the game play is VERY nice and its well worth it...now its only a demo that i played BUT im sure the complete game has tons of features...ect on it.

I rented it and after a night of some serious gameplay and some sore thumbs. I have to say its not bad. Im glad I didnt buy it. But im enjoying playing it all the same.

I was pissed that you couldnt fight as Redman etc in exhibition matches though. :(

Guest Peter
Def Jam Vendetta looks great, I dunno whether to buy this now or wait for Soul Caliber 2 to be released, which looks excellent. Anyone know when SC 2 will be released in the UK?

Guest The Vulcanized One
Originally posted by Peter

Def Jam Vendetta looks great, I dunno whether to buy this now or wait for Soul Caliber 2 to be released, which looks excellent. Anyone know when SC 2 will be released in the UK?

Wait. SC 2 looks brilliant.

Guest Anime Otaku
any one see the MTV special on the making of the game, it's good, and redman 'blazin' ' move that was not allowed to be put in sounded SOOOOOO funny, btw, how do u do a blazin' move in the demo?