Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Who is the greatest WCW Champion of all time?

Guest therock88

Guest therock88

We have all seen and posted in the "who is the greatest WWF whatever champion" threads, but people seen to always forget World Championship Wrestling or WCW as its was better known.

The "Less" fed (not in my opinion) gave us some of the greatest ever WCW or World Champiosn of all time.

When you think about it the name that will come up more often than not is that of the Nature Boy Ric Flair who spearheaded the company for more than a decade at least, bearing in mind his short stint in WWF round about 92/93.

In my opinion the greatest WCW champion was Steve Borden or Sting to WCW fans.

Although he only held the belt on i think it was 4 occasions he was the man ho held WCW togeher through thick and thin and not Ric Flair as he stayed loyal to WCW and was there right up until the death.

Who in your opinion was the greatest WCW champion of all time and why?

Guest Peter K

The greatest champion ever was Ron Simmons - just joking!

The greatest champion ever goes to Sting - he was over with the fans, he was the main company man before Hogan arrived.

In addition - he can have a decent match with anyone.

Also Booker T was one of the best champions - he remained loyal to WCW in it final days and his performance as WCW Champion is truly the beginning of Booker T we see today.

It's great talking about WCW - I just love WCW and miss WCW madly - the memories of WCW makes me go all tear eyed - just love that promotion.

Even to this day - 2 years after WWF purcashing WCW - I miss them greatly and miss Nitro and Worldwide TV shows.

Guest Peter K
Originally posted by Chris2K

Triple H. He holds the belt with grace, and will always let others have it to put them over.

Of course if you don't count the 'World Title' as being the WCW Title (which in effect it is), then Flair for me.

Good point - but trying tell that to Vince McMahon who seems intent to kill off any trace of WCW - as it appears that the World Heavyweight Title's history doesn't count WCW changes in it.

I wish WWE wouldn't change the title - the history and prestige of the title was killed when the WWE logo was added to the title. :(

Guest Walshy
Well it is a hard one, David Arquette is close to being the greatest, but I'll have to go for DDP the original Peoples Champion!

Guest Craig Van Dam
Good question I'd say either Ric Flair or Sting probably the 2 best WCW performers and did very well as Champions so I'd say them its so close I can't decide between the two

Guest Kool Kow
Ric Flair, hands down, one of the greatest performers about time, his time at WCW was pure gold, he's great in the mic and he's ok in the ring, lots of charisma and can work the people out however he likes.

Guest Seabass
hands down without a shadow of a doubt...it ain't Ric Flair...as Ric Flair can't even compare to David Arquette :D

Guest ......cjr......

Benoits belt win didnt count. lol.

Ill go for Arquette, only cause im a huge Russo mark and i loved the storyline lol, even though the guy was only in the company to advertise RTR. ;) lol only kidding still it was good.

I would have to say EITHER DDP or Sting, both legends in WCW. Man i miss WCW :'(. TNA is good and all but when i think back its not comparrision, NOTHING WILL EVER BE.

CJR

Guest The Crippler
Originally posted by ......cjr......

Benoits belt win didnt count. lol.

If Arquettes counts then Benoit's counts for me!

Guest therock88

Oh yes..Mr Arquette...OMG.

What was Vince Russo thinking.

The WCW title was the biggest championship honour outside the WWE, and he just had to go and ruin all that history and prestige.

Guys like the Living legend that is Ric Flair, Bret "The Hitman" Hart, Sting and all the other great World Championship Wrestling heavyweight champions didnt bust their asses for that to happen.

Thats was one of the biggest if not the biggest mistake ever made by WCW and it i thnk lead to their downfall in one way or another.

Vince Russo is like a Little Kid with matches, you play with them and you get your fingers burnt...Well Russo Burn all the honour that that belt symbolised when he made David Arquette the WCW Heavyweight Champion of the world.

• 2 weeks later...