Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

Summer Spirit...

Guest therock88

Guest therock88

Credit - ScottishSW.com

The following is some information regarding the highly anticipated Scottish Championship Wrestling Summer Spirit show in July -

Summer Spirit Main Event

The opponent for Conscience's first Scottish Heavyweight Championship title defence has just been announced and we are pleased to reveal that it is "The Pigman" Andy Hogg.

First matches for Summer Spirit

Two undercard matches have been decided for Summer Spirit and they are as follows:

Saltire will face Stephen Reeves and Aidan Corrigan in a two on one handicap match. No doubt Palmer will be accompanying his Nova Scotia stable mates to ringside.

A triple threat tag team match will take place, as The Avery Brothers and the team of Karl Harker and Paul Parisio face off once again. These two teams will be joined by a new team in SCW, The Coalminers.

SCW Summer Spirit Tickets

The tickets for Summer Spirit are now available. Ticket prices are the same as for Golden Harvest and ordering information can be found in the Events section of this site. One change from Golden Harvest exists, this being that SCW have decided to close the balcony until the floor seats are filled. The Golden Harvest show saw around 200 seats on the floor

I cannot wait for this show, i will be there and i am really excited about the show...i was at the Golden Harvest show in April and i was more than impressed by the standard of the show which wa sput on by all the guys onthe roster.

Scw is the domineering force in scotland and i would like to praise the work done by kenny morrison, or TsuMirren to all you forum members, he does a great job and i would like o wish him luck for the show..and again I will be there.

BTW BCW sucks LOL.

Guest saltedpeanuts

I would'nt mark out that much for the Golden Harvest show. It was half-decent but nothing special, could have been a lot better. Bit of a wasted journey in my opinion.

There was one match that had everything, power, technical, high-flying, enthusiasm and crowd interaction!

That match was Karl Harker and Paul Parisio vs. The Avery Brothers. I thought The Avery Brothers coming out to "Bombs Over Bahgdad", firing toy guns was a classic!

The rest of the card lacked in those areas, with the exception of Majik and his crowd interaction.

Well, I am going to Summer Spirit and hopefully it will be a helluva lot better for the crowds sake more than anything else, we do pay hard earned money to watch this.

I know I don't have a say but maybe SCW should try and get some stewards, try to prevent a repeat of what happened at Golden Harvest with the boy with the red mask and maybe hire a mic and do some running commentry... just a suggestion from a huge wrestling fan!

Guest TsuMirren

"I know I don't have a say but maybe SCW should try and get some stewards, try to prevent a repeat of what happened at Golden Harvest with the boy with the red mask and maybe hire a mic and do some running commentry"

Stewards - We did actually have some, not to mention Town Hall staff on the ground floor.

The boy with the red mask - Who was Kid Krazy and it wasn't a mask, it was a bandana, though I'm sure you already know that, and it would have been impossible for a Steward to have stopped that anyway. Should I have one steward standing infront of each front row seat? Hell, he's gotten into a WWE ring before so I don't really hold myself or anyone else at SCW responsible.

Running Commentary - Never going to happen, it is...for want of a better term...crap.

Can't help thinking saltedpeanuts wouldn't have said anything had it not been for therock88 not slagging BCW at the end of his post.

Guest saltedpeanuts

Easy Kenny, see that i've hit a raw nerve and it's a touchy subject so please, don't get your friggin' knickers in a twist!

Stewards - "We did actually have some, not to mention Town Hall staff on the ground floor." - I think somebody has been telling some little porkie pies haven't they kenny!... well, not quite I think I remember seeing two OAP's playing thumb wars, they seemed ready to jump into action incase any trouble occured.

But hey, all slagging aside, two big thumbs up to you Kenny for handling the situation very professionally... watching him moonsault off the top rope making you look like a prat and then you making yourself look like an even bigger prat by shaking as if you were have an epileptic fit and grabbing the mic and saying some crap like you'll never step foot into a SCW ring again... when in fact it was the IWF's ring!

"and it wasn't a mask, it was a bandana, though I'm sure you already know that" - Have you hit the gym since the last time I saw you Kenny?, coz that sounds like your trying to act hard and cocky, big hard words for an internet nerd.

"Should I have one steward standing infront of each front row seat?" - No Kenny, that would be silly now wouldn't it!... I mean, you'll be blocking everybody's view!

"he's gotten into a WWE ring before" -... and?, does that make him immortal or invincible or something?, does it give him some kind of super-powers?. It's statements like that, that gives him a buzz to do it and a reason for doing it.

Running Commentary - "crap"... nice comeback!, have you ever thought that commentry might keep the crowd awake.

"Can't help thinking saltedpeanuts wouldn't have said anything had it not been for therock88 not slagging BCW at the end of his post." - simply... I don't know therock88, BCW or you (personally), I look around this site (no disrespect to the site) but all I see is internet geeks griefing internet geeks.

The very first reply, post, thread or whatever internet name you call it I sent (an honest one at that) I get a slagging off an internet nerd. But hey, I ain't complaining, slag me and i'll slag you straight back, no skin off my nose.

On a serious note Kenny, I didn't mean to offend you on my first message. Don't mistake that last line as an apologie coz it isn't, i'm just telling it like it is.

I've had a b!+ch, you've had a b!+ch, hopefully this will have been put behind the both of us and i'll be able to enjoy watching Summer Spirit without any bad tensions between us.

If you do have a comment of any kind to make to me... good or bad, then e-mail me instead of slagging each other over this TALK and DISCUSSION forum.

Guest Cactus Jack
Just out of interest, did KK get into a WWE ring when they were in the UK? And what were the circumstances? Like during a match etc.

Guest wrestlingdatabase

"Scw is the domineering force in scotland"

I don't think so!

What justification do you have for that statement?

Remembering that I only help out at BCW.

BCW are the only professional wrestling company in Scotland that offer training 7 days a week. Have their own ring. Have more than one in house trainer. Have trainers that have been in this business longer than most of you have been alive.

BCW have also ran more shows than SCW and have more upcoming shows.

On a side note, I hear that my name is being associated with SCW by Mr Morrison. I would like to make it quite clear that I have no association with SCW or Mr Morrison.

Now Kenny, this does not mean that I want to join the war between you and BCW, all I want to do is make it quite clear that we have no affiliations and that includes the guy you use to do your training that claims he has been trained by me and worked on shows with me.

If SCW are the biggest promotion in Scotland, why do they not offer the same facilities as BCW or run more shows than them.

Guest kid banzai
All I'm gonna say is that I'm really looking forward to the show ... Majik, Conscience, the Coalminers and - of course - Andy Hogg (amongst many others!) all add up to a highly promising show!

Aye well...

Before it goes on and on...

Its Aidan corrigan... Nothing major but would rather say who it was before saying anything in reply...

First off it was a fans comment not anyone affilated with scw...

So its not gospel...

Im not going into training on here...

"BCW have also ran more shows than SCW and have more upcoming shows."

I dont think its a competition... Two seperate companies with there own agenda's...

"On a side note, I hear that my name is being associated with SCW by Mr Morrison. I would like to make it quite clear that I have no association with SCW or Mr Morrison."

I know mr morrison quite well and he has never mentioned to me any of the above...

that includes the guy you use to do your training that claims he has been trained by me and worked on shows with me.

Who is this guy??

Just a few allegaions and rumours...

Its the same old stuff really... A bit of handbags at dawn... I dont know why we cant all get along... but i dont think we will lose much sleep over a few comments...

Guest TsuMirren

"On a side note, I hear that my name is being associated with SCW by Mr Morrison. I would like to make it quite clear that I have no association with SCW or Mr Morrison."

????????????????????????

I'd like to make it clear I have no association with anyone at BCW, I've made that perfectly clear and will continue to do so. I have asolutely no need to get into a war of words, absolutely none. I do my thing, I don't even comment about BCW...yet all I see is one lie after another, plus little digs at SCW all over the BCW forums and that new Scottish Wrestling Forum. It's pathetic, it's childish and it's not how SCW go about getting heat or whatever the hell you want to call it.

I've only met you once Spinner, I'd have liked to think that instead of listening to rumours you'd have the integrity to come to me first and clear things up. But no, you get caught up in it aswell and become yet another person carrying on this pathetic little war.

Now, onto...

"and that includes the guy you use to do your training that claims he has been trained by me and worked on shows with me"

...who would that be?

It's certainly not Conscience, any of the Hammerlock graduates or the three members of the Nova Scotia stable.

All that aside, how would anyone at BCW know anything about SCW training or who is involved? Fair enough, there was the piece on the unofficial BCW site about Saltire and being involved in our training. But, correct me, wasn't that page removed by the provider? In all my years, Spinner, watching the UK scene, I have never, until recently, seen anyone credit you with their training and I've certainly never said "Hey, nice suplex kid" to anyone and had the reply "Cheers Kenny, Spinner taught me it"

Now, I will say this once and once more only. I am sick and damned tired of everything to do with SCW vs BCW...especially when it doesn't exist. I couldn't care less about BCW, infact this all started again because I mentioned that therock88 had mentioned BCW...obviously it was all going to kick off again and all the little egos were going to start bouncing around.

Anything you hear about me recently is no doubt BS, due to the fact I don't talk to anyone involved at BCW. Infact, the BCW guys are locked out of certain areas of our Forum and all members of SCW are banned from using the BCW Forum and the new Scottish Wrestling forum. Hell knows I could go on and on about this rumour and that, infact I could throw in the occasional undeniable fact, but I don't bother.

I don't care about your training, I don't care about your roster, I don't care about your trainees, I don't care about your shows and I couldn't care less about whether you are BCW, CSF, W*ILD or whichever bloody banner you want to promote under. I just wish everyone at BCW would get over it, hell knows we at SCW have. Christ, neither of us are big enough to be fighting with anybody.

Onto "saltedpeanuts". At least myself, Adian and Spinner McKenzie aren't hiding behind an internet pseudonym...how about a name? I didn't even slag you once, I answered your points and that was about it. As for it being the "IWF's ring", if you hire something you maintain ownership for the duration of the hire.

Finally...I just wish that I had never booked "Highlander" Colin McKay. For the past, oh christ erm six to seven months I have done the best I can to not talk about BCW in public. In every interview I've done I've steered clear and I have focused upon SCW and the product we offer the fans of Scotland. For example, you won't see BCW mentioned on our Forum anywhere and I even removed the BCW references from the Show report for Golden Harvest.

So, my final question Spinner, is...What the hell else would BCW like me to do? Because, I doubt I could care about that Promotion any less than I do now.

Guest wrestlingdatabase

Oh Kenny, can’t you read and digest peoples comments before u get those pink knickers in a twist and start proclaiming your superiority like an old queen.

I made it quite clear in my post that I was not partaking in the Scottish promotional war. I was expressing my own opinion to the statement that had been made earlier. But as usual, you go into defensive mode and start slating people.

After reading your interview in the Grappling Times, I know that you are full of you own importance. The comments that you made about BWF were inflammatory and not true. You may have emailed the BWF, but if your dates and timings are to be believed, BWF were not doing tributes at that time. They had in fact brought Yoko Zunna over to the UK and were in the planning stages for the Earthquake tour, a tour that left the company bust.

Knowing the promoter, I would doubt that he ever used the comments that you made in the interview about FWA and Hammerlock.

“In all my years, Spinner, watching the UK scene, I have never, until recently, seen anyone credit you with their training and I've certainly never said "Hey, nice suplex kid" to anyone and had the reply "Cheers Kenny, Spinner taught me it"

In all your years!! Oh Kenny, I bow to your superiority and knowledge of British wrestling, I know that you know every British wrestler in intimate detail and that they are all your best friend and tell you everything. Get over yourself!

Unlike yourself, I have done the work, not laid in bed dreaming about it.

“I don't care about your training, I don't care about your roster, I don't care about your trainees, I don't care about your shows and I couldn't care less about whether you are BCW, CSF, W*ILD or whichever bloody banner you want to promote under. I just wish everyone at BCW would get over it, hell knows we at SCW have.”

Obviously you do care Kenny or you would not feel the need to lock people out of areas of your forum.

“So, my final question Spinner, is...What the hell else would BCW like me to do?”

Kenny as I said at the beginning of my first post, my post had nothing to do with being involved with BCW, it was posted as me asking a question. I had expected to get positive answers back proclaiming SCW’s development in Scotland. The guy who posted as SCW gave his opinions without feeling the need to knock anyone, but you could not do that.

As you say Kenny, you have only met me once for a few short minuets. You obviously summed me up in that time as a dickhead and thought that it would be ok to slag me off. Wrong choice.

Guest The Amence One
Originally posted by wrestlingdatabase

As you say Kenny, you have only met me once for a few short minuets. You obviously summed me up in that time as a dickhead and thought that it would be ok to slag me off. Wrong choice.

Eh? What you going to do beat him up? Bit eccentric is it not?

Guest TsuMirren

No, Spinner...I didn't sum you up as a dickhead, but there you go jumping to every conclusion in the book. As I said, I felt you'd have the integrity to come to me first.

As for being full of my own importance...I've not received one comment about the Grappling Times piece, not a single one. I'm pretty sure someone online would have picked up on it long ago. I can prove the comment about the BWF Promoter if you want, the evidence is here...you know that thing, something tangible that actually exists. As for the comment about a venue, well the BWF have such a piss poor reputation that I could hardly make it any worse...doesn't mean it wasn't fact. Of course you'd defend the BWF though, you were involved in it afterall. Away back before Rob was called Rob, away back before the FWA were so huge, away back before Hammerlock were NWA and away back before wrestling forums were as professionally run as they are now. My timing with everything has always been a bit off, but if I say I was exchanging e-mails with the BWF around about the time certain reknowned Scottish backyarders were working BWF shows, then perhaps that'll help.

I lock people out of areas of the forum so as to protect the promotion. You don't see the people at Sony inviting employees of Panasonic into their Offices etc and letting them go through everything. Likewise, they don't let Panasonic employees e-mail or message visitors to the Sony website. I said that "I don't care", I didn't say I was going to let everyone and anyone know absolutely everything about what was going on and to use the medium we provide to advertise themselves.

You made a few claims that were, to not be too blunt, utter bullshit and then you expect me not to answer them. Of course I was, therefore, defensive...exactly how was I to be non-commital yet still address the points you made?

I've not been abusive towards you once, all I said was that I'd never heard anyone give you credit for their training...what was so wrong with that?

"In all your years!! Oh Kenny, I bow to your superiority and knowledge of British wrestling, I know that you know every British wrestler in intimate detail and that they are all your best friend and tell you everything. Get over yourself!

Unlike yourself, I have done the work, not laid in bed dreaming about it."

What was the point of that? Especially when Vince McMahon speaks about you as his favourite wrestler and Giant Baba used to have your picture over his bed. Am I supposed to just allow you to say whatever you like about SCW and myself Spinner? I remember when you were getting abuse on forums, I was thankful when you gave me some advice about insurance and it's genuinely interesting to read about guys on your site and to see the old flyers etc and I do actually have quite a bit of respect for you, but the jumping on a horse and riding about going "look at me, out of my way you lowlife scum...I wrestled God you know!" is getting a bit boring.

Guest wrestlingdatabase

Yet another aggressive post from Mr Morrison.

Why does he feel the need to defend his product by attacking other people who only ask legitimate questions?

Kenny, I know that you have a decent enough product. I do not understand why you have to lower yourself to belittle people.

It is easy to sit behind a computer and type what you like.

To the person who posts as The American One.

I did not say anything about beating Kenny up in my post, I simply said that he had made the wrong choice in assuming that I was a dickhead. Wrestling might be any easy business to get into these days, but people with knowledge and experience are hard to find.