A TWO Games Forum?

Chris2K

After some minor consideration on my part, I have come up with this idea.

Basically, a new forum would be added, where forum games would be held. These would include:

- The PPV, Music, Football Prediction Leagues

- Any forum games like Describe Person Above You, Word Association

- The Wrestling Awards

Now, why should they go in a forum? Well it's the word that gets chucked around a lot, 'postwhoring'. The idea of this forum would be a place where people can have fun, but also where posts do not count towards the main post count of the board (I'm sure you can turn them off in specific forums).

Let me know what you think of the idea :xyx

... and I put my name forward to lead the forum should it be created ;)

Guest Cactus Jack
As far as I'm aware, the TalkWrestlingOnline Monthly Awards will be having their own forum. However, I'm up for a nother forum for the rest :xyx

Well since Chris is obviously so desperate to lead a second forum (US doesn't count :)), and since most of it would count as spam or whatnot, might as well create something like this. It works wonders at WZ (the place that Chris no doubt got the idea from) and yes, it is easy enough to turn post counts off. Got nothing to lose.

Guest Goldy
I think this just applies to me only but i love the spam threads :P I enjoy the prediction leagues and i usually find the threads that go off topic are usually the more enjoyable ones. It would save people worrying so much about going off topic :) The only thing that would worry me is whether there would be enough threads to make it into it's own forum.

Guest The Crippler
I don't really see the need to add this new forum. The people who moan about people "post whoring" to make the post count go up are obviously just as aware of their own post count. I never understand this whole "oh look at how many posts I have made" thing. Does it make you better than anyone? Nope. Does it make your points more valid than anyone elses? Certainly not. Just leave it how it is.

Originally posted by Pabster

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :)

Only Chris will understand the irony of that comment... and will allow me to say "I told ya so"

Personally, I piss myself at how 2001 this forum would like to be. To quote Vince Russo, "Evolution is the Solution". So the monthly awards gets its own forum, an idea that makes little sense (the own forum part, not the awards) yet an idea that makes more sense is denied.

If one happens, the other should be combined with it.

If they both don't happen, well at least both have got the same treatment and is for a fair reason. I just fail to see why one should happen and not the other.

I allow you to say 'you told me so'.

Dra's right. When was the last time anything that was requested here was actually changed? Only the avatars, which still have another few months until they're completed.

As Dra also correctly pointed out to me on MSN, 90% of the people here seem to think that change is a bad thing. Are these forums perfect? Is there NOTHING we can do to make them better?

The simple formula that i think applies here is: 99% of change = progress.

Guest Cactus Jack
Originally posted by Cactus Jack

As far as I'm aware, the TalkWrestlingOnline Monthly Awards will be having their own forum. However, I'm up for a nother forum for the rest :xyx

I'm quoting myself, I have no rpoblems with change :xyx

Guest The Crippler
Originally posted by draVen

So the monthly awards gets its own forum, an idea that makes little sense (the own forum part, not the awards) yet an idea that makes more sense is denied.

If you could show me where people were asked if they wanted the monthly awards in its own forum please. Maybe there has been a poll or something asking if we want it in its own forum and I've missed it. As far as I know Cactus asked if everyone would be interested in a monthly awards thing, he didn't ask us if we wanted it in its seperate forum. If Kam decides to have it in a seperate forum fair enough but Cactus didn't put that question to us. Chris is talking about having this seperate forum which isn't an awful idea but I just don't see the need for it, just as I don't see the need for a seperate forum for the monthly awards.

I've spoken to Cactus/Chris about the monthly awards, which will have their own forum - its easier that way.

This games forum idea is similar to another one that should be happening soon...I'll see :) Although I think it would be better to have specific posts in their own forum - like the wrestling ones or the music/sports ones. I dont many people would appreciate having to go to a different forum for those.

But we could have a games forum for the other types of forum games.

Guest Russ

If you ask me, things are fine the way they are.

If someone visits a certain forum, let's say the music one, they want to see all topics relating to music grouped there. If you've got 90% of music topics in the Music forum, then there's a good chance that people will miss out on seeing things related to music, such as Chart Prediction leagues.

If you go back to the first TWO forums, there was no order. UK wrestling posts clashed with US wrestling posts, it was a bit of a mess. Since then, TWO has evolved in the organised structure that we have today, with the optimum amount of forums.

I agree that changes should be proposed, and if successful, implemented, but if every suggestion is deemed as being worthwhile, then after a while your going to get a few stinkers being used.

To sum up, I don't like the idea of a new Games forum at all.