If you could only listen to one album...

Guest Popsi

....what would it be?

simple as it sounds. if you had only one album to listen to for the rest of your life then what would it be. and it has to be a proper album not a cd made up of your fave songs as one person i know says everytime this question is asked :D.

maybe add a little bit about why you would choose it and what your fave tracks are.

ok mine is Liberty 37's second album 'God Machine'.

To me this is a perfect album. its heavy in places but you can still here the singer who has a beautiful melodic voice which contrasts well with the crunch of the guitars. its got heavy, its got slower songs - in fact there is a song to match all my moods on this albm.

fave tracks - Jihad, Head of David, Stanislav (has a speech of Hitlers on it which works in a way id never expect - has to be heard to be believed)

ok what yours peeps

Guest Nicole
Any of the muse albums (including the new Absolution album which I predict will be better than the first two put together) or maybe a placebo album. Not sure which one. If I had a dashboard confessional album I might choose that as well. This questions too hard

Guest The Crippler

It is widely regarded that OK Computer is one of the greatest albums of all time but I think it isn't even the best Radiohead album - I think The Bends tops it so I'd pick that.

At the time the band had been under so much pressure from their record label who thought they were going to be one hit wonders with 'Creep' so I think to make an album this good after all that is brilliant. Just so many good songs on it, like any truely superb album there isn't a bad track on it. No filler tracks here.

Yeah its not the most cheerful album ever but who cares?

Anyway, my favourite tracks off it are:

The Bends - From what I can make of it, this is a pretty satirical song against generational labelling and a nice way to open the album after the spacey sounding 'Planet Telex'.

High and Dry - The most poppy sounding song on the album. Lovely acoustic sound to it, a great ballad but it suffers on the album by being placed right before the best track on it which is....

Fake Plastic Trees - One of those songs that genuinely gives you goosebumps listening to it. Can't praise this song enough, it pisses all over something like 'Creep'. Brilliant lyrics, brilliant vocals, brilliant strings arrangement, brilliant everything.

Just - Top song, really guitary and has a great video.

Street Spirit (Fade Out) - Sounds totally different from anything else on the album. Great melody to it and a nice way to end the album.

Edited by The Crippler

Soil - Scars.

If perfection were an album, this would be it. Heavy rock, great voice (the guy can sing as well as scream), heartfelt, gets you in the mood for anything. Fantastic. It opens up leaving you headbanging, and ends up with you having gone through almost every emotion in the world and wanting more.

Recommended Songs: Halo, Unreal, New Faith

I could never single out one album as a fave, but albums like The Bends, OK Computer, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Morning View, Diorama, Permission To Land, Led Zeppelin IV, Dark Side Of The Moon, Abbey Road, If You Want Blood You Got It, S and M, and Rage Against The Machine, would all be high candidates.

Guest Vampiro
Originally posted by PeteR Richards

Murderdolls - Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls. Non-stop not giving a f*ck!

lol oooookay.

Have you heard Lets say ****? i went to their gig with stone sour, anyone else catch that gig? they dedicate about 10 mins about not givin a ****, it was so funny. anyway..

Oasis - Definately Maybe.

Guest PeteR Richards
Originally posted by Vampiro

lol oooookay.

Have you heard Lets say ****? i went to their gig with stone sour, anyone else catch that gig? they dedicate about 10 mins about not givin a ****, it was so funny. anyway..

Oasis - Definately Maybe.

No, because they haven't done a song called "Lets Say ****"l

Guest Joe Reilly

This is a very hard one to pic, but it would definitley be one of 2pac's albums!

I'll go with 'All Eyez On Me'

Not a bad song on that album and it's a double disc!

Nearly any of those songs could be best at one time or another! There's songs on that album for all moods!

It's definitley 2pac's most well written album and I highly regard him as a song writer!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and name some songs off it that spring to mind, but I love them all!

'Ambitionz Az A Ridah' One of the best songs ever written in my opinion, real prohetic song, great for chilling out to and it's also great to just listen carefully to the lyrics on it! Real deep song!

'California Love' This song was on the album when it was originally released, but was removed for some strange reason on more recent copies of the album, well the remix is on all copies! The remix is cool, but the original is much better and it's definitley my favourite party song by far! If this gets played when I'm out clubbing, my night is made!

'2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted' Another one of 2pac's best! Great to chill to, this would be a tune that would be great to drive to too! Cool tune and it features Snoop Dogg back in his good days!

'Thug Passion' Another one of my all time favourites! Real erotic mooded song, which would be good to chill to alone with your partner!

These are just three examples of greatness on this album, which has loads more examples if you listen to it! The album is a work of art and no household should be without it in my book!

Cheers,

Joe

Guest Vampiro
Originally posted by draVen

They've done one called "I like to say ****" and one called "Let's ****". So there you go :)

yea i meant that.. if peter had heard of the song he would have known what i meant. Look into it Peter there good.

Guest PeteR Richards
Originally posted by Vampiro

yea i meant that.. if peter had heard of the song he would have known what i meant. Look into it Peter there good.

Thanks for the tip, but I have their album (as my post which you yourself quoted should *probably* tell you), I've seen them live myself and have liked them for maybe a year now, so yeah, thanks...

I could've told you the real song names (and yes I do know them, I love them both), but it would maybe seem like correcting and patronising you, so I didn't. :)