Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

WWE's Loss= NWA's Gain

Guest Jung

Now a lot of you seem to be getting more into NWA, now in an ideal world, if NWA could have just 3 of WWE's wrestlers, which do you think they should have, and why?

For me, hhmm I dunno if I could pick 3, but high candidates would be, Lance Storm, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Rhyno, Ultimo Dragon, Tajiri, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Matt Hardy.

Now if you're wondering why I didn't pick the likes of Haas, Benjamin, Lesnar, Angle, Rey, Booker, HBK, Christian, Cena, its because on the whole I think they are booked to their best of abilities. With the guys I mentioned, I picked them because not only do I think they are great wrestlers, but because they are very versatile, could work as a heel or face, but most of all, aren't being used to their best. Just think of Team Canada Storm of 2000, Jericholic in 98, RVD in 99/2000, Rhyno in 2000/2001, Dragon in 96/97, Tajiri in 99/2000, Eddie in 97, and you might see what I mean.

While I consider the likes of Angle and Rey great wrestlers and performers, they are being used just fine in WWE. Being used to the best of their abilities, I picked mine, cause I think NWA could use them better, and more to their advantage, and pick up on the things WWF missed. Just look at Raven, D-Lo, Killings and Lynn for examples.

So guys, see if you could pick just 3 and say why.

Enjoy!

I'd choose RVD simply cas Jerry Lynn is there. TNA wouldn't miss on a chance to remake that classic feud.

I'd also choose Chris Benoit. He'd fit in fantastically in TNA. Imagine Benoit/Daniels, Benoit/Lynn, Benoit/AJ. How could you not want to see that?

And finally, Stevie Richards. I f**king love this guy. He's great on the mic, he's entertaining, a good wrestler, and no one has a bad thing to say about it (Raven put him over like no ones business in his shoot interview), yet he's always treated like sh*t. I even heard that his childhood hero Shawn Michaels laid into him. What a jackass. Richards should go to TNA and rejuvinate himself. He'd be perfect on the indy scene cas I know its a shame, but he really isn't big time material. But he would be happy with TNA, and I know they'd be happy with him too.

Guest tazz13
Originally posted by jungmuta

Now a lot of you seem to be getting more into NWA, now in an ideal world, if NWA could have just 3 of WWE's wrestlers, which do you think they should have, and why?

For me, hhmm I dunno if I could pick 3, but high candidates would be, Lance Storm, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Rhyno, Ultimo Dragon, Tajiri, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Matt Hardy.

i think wwe is doing a fine job with eddie guerrero right now...the lie, cheat and steal gimmick has gotten him over big time and he is in the midst of a nice push...tajiri is being featured more lately too

i don't think jericho should be a candidate either...sure he should be a consistent main eventer in wwe, but for the most part jericho is always a featured part of the show...TNA would be a huge step down for him...benoit too for that matter

i'd pick RVD, lance storm and ultimo dragon...they are languishing in the mid card and would probably fit in better in tna going up against some of the more athletic stars that they have

Originally posted by draVen

I'd choose RVD simply cas Jerry Lynn is there. TNA wouldn't miss on a chance to remake that classic feud.

Agreed.

And, on a related note, does anyone get the impression that RVD wants to get dropped? He's talked mess about WWE twice in the last week... could he be angling for dismissal and then make his money on the Indys with NWA-TNA every wednesday? Imagine the amount of work he could get: NWA, RoH, MLW, even CZW and then off to Japan...

"i think wwe is doing a fine job with eddie guerrero right now...the lie, cheat and steal gimmick has gotten him over big time and he is in the midst of a nice push...tajiri is being featured more lately too

i don't think jericho should be a candidate either...sure he should be a consistent main eventer in wwe, but for the most part jericho is always a featured part of the show...TNA would be a huge step down for him...benoit too for that matter"

To a degree I agree with you, but for them guys, they should be hitting main event, but they never will. Cause of height, politics etc. I doubt it would be a huge step down, cause with a lot of these guys, they got into the business for the pure integrity, so yes you can argue they'd take a pay cut, but maybe they'd be happier getting better pushes, and having a more prominent role.

Okay admittedly, Benoit, Jericho and Eddie are doing alright at the moment, but is it any different from their positions in 2000? No.

Should it be? Without a doubt, they deserve to be up there, but still languish in lots mid card time wasting. The fact they all still remain over despite very perplexing booking, is only a testament to their talents. I admit at the moment they are being booked ok, but don't you think maybe inside they are sick of being nearly men, and would appreciate being the star, instead of the guy who makes the star look good? Thats why I picked them.

Also with RVD, it wouldn't shock me if he was. Doubt he'll get much luck though. Would be very cool however, he'd prolly be in big demand.

Guest Cactus Jack
Originally posted by draVen

And finally, Stevie Richards. I f**king love this guy. He's great on the mic, he's entertaining, a good wrestler, and no one has a bad thing to say about it (Raven put him over like no ones business in his shoot interview), yet he's always treated like sh*t. I even heard that his childhood hero Shawn Michaels laid into him. What a jackass. Richards should go to TNA and rejuvinate himself. He'd be perfect on the indy scene cas I know its a shame, but he really isn't big time material. But he would be happy with TNA, and I know they'd be happy with him too.

100% Agree Dra :xyx

Guest tazz13
Originally posted by jungmuta

"i think wwe is doing a fine job with eddie guerrero right now...the lie, cheat and steal gimmick has gotten him over big time and he is in the midst of a nice push...tajiri is being featured more lately too

i don't think jericho should be a candidate either...sure he should be a consistent main eventer in wwe, but for the most part jericho is always a featured part of the show...TNA would be a huge step down for him...benoit too for that matter"

To a degree I agree with you, but for them guys, they should be hitting main event, but they never will. Cause of height, politics etc. I doubt it would be a huge step down, cause with a lot of these guys, they got into the business for the pure integrity, so yes you can argue they'd take a pay cut, but maybe they'd be happier getting better pushes, and having a more prominent role.

Okay admittedly, Benoit, Jericho and Eddie are doing alright at the moment, but is it any different from their positions in 2000? No.

Should it be? Without a doubt, they deserve to be up there, but still languish in lots mid card time wasting. The fact they all still remain over despite very perplexing booking, is only a testament to their talents. I admit at the moment they are being booked ok, but don't you think maybe inside they are sick of being nearly men, and would appreciate being the star, instead of the guy who makes the star look good? Thats why I picked them.

fair enough...good points

i think if they went to TNA though, they would just be big fish in a small pond

i think at this moment either of them can be put in a main event spot in WWE...that's not too bad of a situation...of course we all wish they would main event more often, but they are on the cusp right now of becoming the top guys in the company

Originally posted by AC1D CHR1ST

Agreed.

And, on a related note, does anyone get the impression that RVD wants to get dropped? He's talked mess about WWE twice in the last week... could he be angling for dismissal and then make his money on the Indys with NWA-TNA every wednesday? Imagine the amount of work he could get: NWA, RoH, MLW, even CZW and then off to Japan...

Raven has bookins every week, with a set charge, and makes more money now than he ever did in WWE. RVD would have no problem attempting the same type of businessship.

Guest Peter K

Like draVen said - RVD is perfect in TNA - memories of Jerry Lynn and RVD matches in ECW - many of them with the clash at Hardcore Heaven 1999 amongst one of my favourites!

As well Lance Storm can make it there bringing back the "Arrogant Canadian" which he used to HUGE success in WCW in 2000 - he was a hoot asking everyone to rise and sing to the Canadian National Anthem and respect Canada as well renaming the titles!

Another one is Kanyon - as the arrogant "MVP" persona, he can make matches he is in great with his style and his innotivate moves - it is a scandal that WWE is not using his properly! - scandal I say!

Rob Van Dam - Same reasons as everyone else, plus we'd finally get to see him win a World Title :D

Steven Richards - Agreed with everyone else, I love the guy, infact he's my tag partner in EWR when I always create myself in our wonderful tag team 'Performance'.

Lance Storm - You'd get to see him wrestling more and in more interesting feuds. Although the Goldust one could be great

So basically, I agree with everyone else :D

Guest kessler
all they'd need would be eddie g. push him to the heavens and tap into the potentially huge hispanic fanbase and they'd be sorted.