Hardest Working Worker ever.  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Hardest Working Worker ever.

• Mick Foley
    • Terry Funk
    • Ric Flair
    • Hogan
    • Other

I just wondered who you think is the hardest working wrestler ever. By this i mean who has really paid their dues and not just walked straight into a top spot (Randy Orton). I know you guys can peobably come up with more but these were just of the top of my head.

Justification...

Foley - Just read his book.

Terry Funk - Even at age fifty four he was able to turn out the memorable street fight against foley on Raw.

Ric Flair - One of the best ever and even now still putting people over on Raw.

Hogan - Been at the top for 25 years and one of the biigest stars ever.

Edited by Matt

I'd have to say Foley, because at the end of the day he seemed to always care about making his opponents look good too, whether for his own ego or not I don't know, but he certainly did work his socks off, no denying it.

Reason I didn't say someone like Flair or Funk was that in my eyes they had less work to do to overcome the obstacles stopping them from reaching the top. Foley never booked or had the 'superstar' look to help him to the top.

That's what I think anyway :P

Guest Ed_666

I voted for Foley, mainly for the stupid things he did to entertain the fans.

I've not seen too much of Terry Funk, so I couldn't vote for him.

Hulk Hogan has rarely been accused to working very hard.

Flair may have had 45 mins matches, but anyone with conditioning can do that, it's not necessarily hard work. Being thrown off the Cell twice and still getting back up to continue, THAT'S hard work.

Ed

Guest OLDSCHOOLREBEL
No doubt, the Living Legend, Terry Funk. In addition, Hogan did nothing to get to the top. He was hand chosen by Vince and shot up even quicker than Randy Orton.

Guest Peter K

Ric Flair was the hardest worker in the Seventies and Eighties but he still work hard today - take a look at his crazy bumps all over the place - not bad for a 54-year old man.

Mick Foley are possibly the most hard worker out of the list for reasons said from Simon and Ed.

I added "other" and vote for other because my choice is Tommy Dreamer. The guy wrestled night in night out with a selfless attitude, often with injuries even as severe as a broken neck, and always told Heyman he was gonna job, and even had arguments with other wrestlers, because they always wanted to put the other guy over. That my friends is how wrestling should be.

Guest Rikidozan
I can't believe you listed Hogan, what a riot. Anyway, of the names given, i'd give the nod to Flair. Simply for the reason he's one of the best five ever. Foley tried hard, but not in the same league as Flair. Flair has been at the top for the best part of 30 years, plus he suffered a broken back in 1975 and was told he'd never wrestle again.

Guest Peter K
Originally posted by Rikidozan

I can't believe you listed Hogan, what a riot. Anyway, of the names given, i'd give the nod to Flair. Simply for the reason he's one of the best five ever. Foley tried hard, but not in the same league as Flair. Flair has been at the top for the best part of 30 years, plus he suffered a broken back in 1975 and was told he'd never wrestle again.

Also Flair had the legendary matches with Mr. Steamboat in the late 80's - classic!

Originally posted by Rikidozan

Did you actually see the lame gimmick that he started out with. I've got a tape from the early eighties where Hogan was in the opening match, he had chest hair in the shape of a mushroom cloud and he was called Mr Explosion Hulk Hogan. To start with that and to end up where he did took hard work. That's my opinion anyway.

He had to work just as hard as any other wrestler at the time though... I mean DiBiase had to work even harder than Hogan... and then once Hogan was in the WWE, having worked hard for half as long as everyone else he worked about as hard as... someone who doesnt work hard :P

Don't get me wrong, he may have had to work hard, but every wrestler does dont they?

Guest OLDSCHOOLREBEL
Draven, I was in a toss up between the teacher, Terry Funk, and the student, Tommy Dreamer, so I understand what you mean.

Guest Seabass

Hogan did work hard up to when he got the Hulkamania gimmick...then he got lazy (though he still had to put in the occasional hard work such as carrying Warrior to a good match).

Mick Foley certainly deseves to be nomianted for hardest worker. he went through a hellish journey before finally becoming reconginsed. Mick Foley didn't even need to go into WWE, he would have been a cult hero to many. but the fact he not only got into the WWE, but became one of it's top stars despite all odds (Mick Foley didn't have the looks to become champ at least)

hmmmmm...i'm not very fimilar with terry Funk's carrer. yeah i've seen him in WCW and ECW...but i saw him during the final days of WCW and the I've seen him in ECW matches becuase i brought the PPV's with him in them. Anyway...Terry Funk still wrestling (despite promising to retire, doing so, then comming back again) should warrent him hardest worker right?!...well....hmmmm...tricky one that. why does he continue to wrestle is what i'm wondering (is it becuase he misses the spotlight, wants to prefrom for the fans, or needs the money)...anyway i can't call Terry Funk the hardest worker imo because i'm not that fimilar with his carrer

For Flair to have a injury, say by professional doctors you can't wrestle ever again, only to prove them wrong and become a legend takes even harder work, thus Ric Flair would get my vote...but i'm more familar with Foley's carrer the Flair's...

tough call between flair and Foley....foley edges it

Edited by Seabass

Guest Peter K
Originally posted by Sharpshooter121

Did you actually see the lame gimmick that he started out with. I've got a tape from the early eighties where Hogan was in the opening match, he had chest hair in the shape of a mushroom cloud and he was called Mr Explosion Hulk Hogan. To start with that and to end up where he did took hard work. That's my opinion anyway.

That's not a mushroom - it's a reference to the family jewels if you know what I mean......