Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

His Best Match?

Guest Matt

Today i downloaded the tibute to Bret Hart that was shown on WWE - Confidential and while watching it was wondering what u guys think is Bret's best ever match.

I thought of all the matches i have seen him in and these were the main four that came to mind.

1 - Bret v Roddy Piper - Wrestlemania 7 (i think).

2 - Bret v Austin - Wrestlemania the unforgettable I Quit match.

3 - Bret v Benoit - Owen Hart Memorial match, both men at their very best.

4 - Bret v Shawn - Wrestlemania Iron Match, How Shawn and Bret managed to go full tilt for over an hour i will never know. Shame they had to ruin it with contoversial ending story.

Anyway what do u guys think?

Personally i would go for either the Benoit match or the roddy piper match.

Guest Peter K

Also add the thriller Bret and Owen had at Summerslam 1994 in that Steel Cage match.

Many memories of Bret - the best ones:

Bret and Owen at WrestleMania X as well Bret and Benoit series of matches they had in 1999 from the Owen Memorial Match to the WCW World Title final match at Mayhem.

Guest OLDSCHOOLREBEL
The Owen Hart Memorial Match, and the Mayhem main event, both against Chris Benoit. Oh, sorry, but I am the real Official TWO Steve Corino Mark!

Guest Peter K
Originally posted by OLDSCHOOLREBEL

The Owen Hart Memorial Match, and the Mayhem main event, both against Chris Benoit. Oh, sorry, but I am the real Official TWO Steve Corino Mark!

Speaking of the Memorial Match - that was one of the finest matches - and the last great match Bret had - which makes that a memorable night.

Speaking of the real official TWO Steve Corino mark - make that two marks of Steve Corino - finely matches the title "TWO"!

Good no? :D

Guest Ed_666
Originally posted by Peter K

Also add the thriller Bret and Owen had at Summerslam 1994 in that Steel Cage match.

I heard somewhere that they wanted Bret to drop the belt in that match and he refused. Just thought I'd mention it after the other thread.

I'd pick the Iron Man match, cause HBK beat him. :devil

Ed

Guest MillionLiraMan
My favourite was still when Bret became a proper serious singles wrestler to be thought of as such for the first time, when he beat Mr Perfect at SummerSlam 91.

Guest Waziyatah Kid DXUK

re bret harts matches

yeah i saw that Piper/Hart match, that Wrestlemania was the first Mania I actually saw at the time of it being on (as opposed to seeing the video) and that event was the first time i saw proper blood, with that match and the mach man/flair match being bloody. As for the Bret Hart matches my top ten has to be

1-Vs Bulldog (summerslam 92, IC title)

2-Vs Stonecold (mania 13)

3-Vs Benoit (Owen tribute)

4-Vs HBK (iron man match mania 12, title)

5-Vs Owen (steel cage, summerslam 94)

6-Vs Piper (mania 8 IC title)

7-Vs Terry Funk (Funk retirement show)

8-Vs Benoit (mayhem, title)

9-vs Owen (mania 10)

10-Vs Mr Perfect (Summerslam 91, IC title)

all hold great memories, other good matches include vs undertaker at summerslam 97 i think, the 5 man tag with owen, bulldog, anvil and pillman against austin, LOD, goldust and was it vader? at canadian stampede in your house, july 97 i htink. Also the time he beat flair for the title not on a pay per view i donbt think. And when he beat yokozuna at mania 10 after losing to owen earlier on in the night.

Guest Kane Fan

Vs. Owen - WM 10

My favourite match because I think it is the best WWE match. The buildup was excellent, the crowd was hot, the pace was strong, it had good psychology and overall it was intense!

Vs. Bulldog - SS 92

I saw this a few months ago and it is one of my favourite matches.

Vs. HBK - WM 12 (which I didn't like)

IMO, this match is very overrated. I know that they couldn't do an hour of aerial/fast paced moves, but it was boring.

Bret v Austin WM XIII, Bret v Owen WM X, or Bret v Piper WM VIII.

I mean... the emotion in the Piper v Bret feud.... they used to eat baloney sandwiches together for God's sake!

But if you put a gun to my head I'd say the one with Austin. 2 WWE legends going at it in such a great match.

Guest Steve V.1
My favorite was the Owen Memorial match with Benoit, I don't think we'll ever see such great wrestling on our TV screens again :(