Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Wrestling

HHH Looking for Movie Roles

Guest Tajiri

Guest Tajiri
Although it has been more downplayed, because HHH would prefer to not be viewed as someone looking for acting roles, HHH is a front-runner for a major role in the movie “Blade: Trinity” which is based on a Marvel Comic.

HHH and Stephanie McMahon have both spent time in Hollywood mid week trying to get HHH roles in movies.

credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Just think, if HHH was to pursue moive roles it would mean he would off are screens atleast 6 months a year. :)

I read that actually.... although the thread title should be changed to 'Stephanie looking for Movie Roles for her non-Hollywood husband HHH'.

See this is what drives me nuts, they are manufacturing the fact that HHH is a Rock or a Hogan in the business. He isn't. And while Stephanie can go round Hollywood begging film producers to give her husband a movie role.... Nathan Jones will be getting ready for his bit in his big movie :)

More and more wrestlers are getting into films these days, so it'd be nothing special if he did anyway. Even Nathan Jones for God's sake has a role in some film.

Guest Golborne Bulldog

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He hasn't got the talent or charisma to be a Hogan or a Rock, when it comes to films

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can i just ask have you ever seen a hogan film?

Talent and charisma?????

Guest Joe Reilly

I have to say I was disgusted with The Rock how he neglected wrestling the way he did! He should quit messing the fans around and retire allready and I don't mean Terry Funk style retirement neither!

When it comes to HHH, we have to see him stinking up the movie screens as well as the wrestling shows too? Don't get me wrong I'd like to see HHH neglect wretling like Rocky sellout has cos it would limit his Raw appaearances, but knowing HHH he'd come back two or three months a year just to be champion and then sod off back to Hollywood again!

Then again, HHH is so obviously obsessed with burying everyone and keeping the belt, he'll prolly want to be champion while he's making his movies!

Cheers,

Joe Reilly

I think HHH could do a good role in a movie. I think he seems to have the understanding of how to act and all that from watching his promos and viginettes on Raw, and I think going into movies would be good for him.

The only downside is the possibility of less HHH on Raw, when I regard HHH as the of the most talented performers on the roster, but the extra publicity, and the break from wrestling for a while to work on another project might allow his injuries to heal up more properly and we can get HHH back to his best.

Guest Cactus Jack
Originally posted by Joe Reilly

I have to say I was disgusted with The Rock how he neglected wrestling the way he did! He should quit messing the fans around and retire allready and I don't mean Terry Funk style retirement neither!

When it comes to HHH, we have to see him stinking up the movie screens as well as the wrestling shows too? Don't get me wrong I'd like to see HHH neglect wretling like Rocky sellout has cos it would limit his Raw appaearances, but knowing HHH he'd come back two or three months a year just to be champion and then sod off back to Hollywood again!

Then again, HHH is so obviously obsessed with burying everyone and keeping the belt, he'll prolly want to be champion while he's making his movies!

Cheers,

Joe Reilly

I don't agree with him getting then title as soon as he comes back, but I think that's a little harsh on Rocky. Being a wrestler can be a short career, so dipping his fingers into other projects is sensable. Wouldn't you do the same, no matter how much you loved wrestling?

Guest Dickie Hyde

Yes, I feel The Rock's doing right.

Atleast he;s not quitting altogether. I like him around... he's not turning his back on the fans, he's doing what's right but also sticking with wrestling...

He could quit wrestling just like that and not care less... but no, he sticks around for us, which I appreciate.

Think about all what The Rock has done in the past for us... marvels...!

Guest Joe Reilly

No, that's BS!

What Rocky is doing is wrong!

He is acting full time and wrestling part time, he should only stay in the WWF if he's going to wrestle full time!

I don't have a problem with him doing movies, but if he's doing it at the suspense of wrestling (what made him), then that's wrong! He should just stop messing around and retire!

Every time he comes back he jumps straight ahead of everyone else thats busting their arse week in and week out!

We, the fans deserve more than that! Wrestling is a full time job, not part time, while he's under contract with the WWF, Vince should insist that movies remain part time or else leave wrestling!

Cheers,

Joe Reilly

Guest Cactus Jack
Originally posted by Joe Reilly

We, the fans deserve more than that!

And that's were the irony strikes. It's because fan's want that he keeps coming back and not give up full time.

Guest Joe Reilly
Originally posted by Cactus Jack

And that's were the irony strikes. It's because fan's want that he keeps coming back and not give up full time.

Oh, well then we should be so lucky!

Well, I'll continue to care more about the guys that actually do their job full time!

And the fact he didn't stick around to give his heel turn proper effort is very insulting if you ask me, even a certain friend of mine that disagreed with me on this like you do, admits that it was insulting how he left so short into his heel turn!

Look, if you don't mind settling for your favourite wrestlers just working part time, well then maybe that makes you a bigger person than me!

However, I personally refuse to be treated like an idiot by The Rock, Vince McMahon or whoever! Thjey are going the right way about trying to lose the rest of their fan base in the quickest amount of time possible!

Any wrestler who's under contract, should be wrestling full time, end of story or else they shouldn't be in the game! I actually feel sorry for those who have been manipulated into the way of thinking that they feel lucky if The Rock decides to show up now and again! If that's all you expect from certain wrestlers, why do you bother watching cos I don't except it and (I wonder why I continue to watch it anymore myself, as we continued to be treated this way!

So its not enough that HHH is trying to stay on tv all the time but now he wants to invade our cinemas as well? please no. I can see the title now: "The day Hunter beat them all" well he wouldnt want to be a bad guy as they lose in the end!

Joe, youre really looking at this the wrong way. If you think about it, it's great for business.

First off, publicity. Everytime Rocky makes a movie and becomes bigger, WWE gets more publicity, and good publicity at that, which is great for business. If he becomes huge, then WWE is gonna reap masses from that. In return, Rock and his movies get mass hype from the WWE, and Rocky knows that even if his movies bomb, he's got the wrestling fanbase behind him. As it stands, Rocky looks on course to become the next big thing in mainstream America. WWE always had a fascination with being associated with mega-famous people. Now they have one that they made themselves.

Secondly, overexposure. Ie: it doesn't happen. Everyone moans that we see HHH too much, and the McMahons too much, and Undertaker and Hogan too much. With Rocky, we don't get that. We don't have him shoved down our throats each and every week. It's a case of "absense makes the heart grow fonder". We all know how good he is. When he came back, his promos were probably the best the WWE had seen for years. After a while, as it did when he was in WWE full time, it gets boring. With an absense, it makes his stuff seem more fresh, and gives him time to develop new character in himself and make the fans want him more.

Thirdly, when he came back, he could have easily taken all the main event spots, told Vince he was gonna win, put himself over at the expense of everyone and then left again. But he didn't. Rocky is one of the most selfless guys in wrestling. Hell, in about three promos, he put The Hurricane over more than WCW and WWE did in 3 years. And for a while, the writers capitalised on it. But as always, it didn't last long. Rocky also put Goldberg over on pay-per-view, to help the monster get over, even though it didn't work. He tried to put Christian over, but the writers screwed Christian up afterwards. Yeah he won at Wrestlemania, but Austin had no need to win whatsoever. Hell, he was retiring. This was probably his way of thanking Rocky by putting him over (and before you ask, there was a rumour I heard not long ago that Austin and Rocky had a bit of creative control over their match at WM). Plus, Rocky had to win, not only to break the stigma of never beating Austin at WM (kinda like the Raven/Dreamer thing in ECW), but also to look credible against Goldberg.

Think about it that way. You sound seriously like one of those depressed 14 year old lifetime Rocky fans who feels betrayed. I've loved Rocky since his first day in the Nation of Domination. I miss him too. But I understand where he and the WWE are coming from, and to be honest, the pro's definately outweigh the cons. But thats just from my point of view.