Fan Clubs

Most Dissapointing Video Game

Guest Bluestiger99

Guest Bluestiger99

So what is the most dissapointing video game you've ever bought?

For the recent time, I'm saying Final Fantasy 10. First of all the main character, whom I hate's, voice is done by the same guy who played Rachet in Rachet and Clank. It makes it very hard to take him seriously. Secondly, they completely overhauled the leveling up system, which also blows

My biggest problem, however, is the lack of cool characters. THere is one, Auron. The rest are terrible. Its a real let down after Final Fantasy 7 and 8. I'm going to finish playing through, because I'm a huge FF fan, but I really don't like it.

Well, onto your dissapointing games.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand Theft Auto 3. After all the hype, I found it very repetitive. Go here do this, go there collect that, etc....... Ok for a day or so, but dull as dishwater after that.

Ratchet and Clank. Again, it was hyped pretty well, but was really a sub standard platformer which wasn't very interesting because the levals lacked any kind of imagination.

Super Monkey Ball 2. The first game was a riot, a really really fun game. The sequel lacked the skill aspect needed to beat the first game, with alot of the levels relying on luck.

Halo. A poor man's Metroid (note: I played Metroid first). It wasn't/isn't a bad game, but without online multiplayer it's a by the numbers FPS which really isn't any better than DOOM and Duke Nukem.

Edited by wyndorf

Driv3r... I was really expecting something sub-GTA but something that would at least be enjoyable. My expectations were higher than they ought to have been... :(

Guest Citizen Kane
Euro 2004 was pretty dissapointing. The official game of the competition and it's basically that years FIFA game, which wasn't exactly a masterpiece anyway. I hope this years World Cup game isn't basically FIFA 06 2.

Guest Brick
So what is the most dissapointing video game you've ever bought?

For the recent time, I'm saying Final Fantasy 10. First of all the main character, whom I hate's, voice is done by the same guy who played Rachet in Rachet and Clank. It makes it very hard to take him seriously. Secondly, they completely overhauled the leveling up system, which also blows

My biggest problem, however, is the lack of cool characters. THere is one, Auron. The rest are terrible. Its a real let down after Final Fantasy 7 and 8. I'm going to finish playing through, because I'm a huge FF fan, but I really don't like it.

Well, onto your dissapointing games.

I can't believe you just said that! FFX was the best of them all! So then you go on to say Auron is the only cool charachter, Auron's an ******** (and a newbie's character by the way, all he can do is attack). I can't believe you don't like Tidus! He's a legend! Plus on FFX's sphere grid it's piss easy to get full stats.

Bottom line is, I'm right, you're wrong :)

Anyways, onto my most disappointing game. Final Fantasy X-2. It just sucked so bad! The only good thing about it is Yuna, but then you get Paine being all annyoing and gothic (I friggin hate goths).

Guest Hemme

Fight Club.

-Way to disgrace the film, had the potentioal to be a cracking, brutal fight game, but was a steaming pile of y'know.

An insult to the film.

True Crime: LA/NYC.

- Boring, repetitive & no fun at all to play.

WWE Raw 1&2 (x-box)

-Clunky, unresponsive & hard to get into, shame really with the x-boxs capibiliuties.

Guest Bluestiger99
I can't believe you just said that! FFX was the best of them all! So then you go on to say Auron is the only cool charachter, Auron's an ******** (and a newbie's character by the way, all he can do is attack). I can't believe you don't like Tidus! He's a legend! Plus on FFX's sphere grid it's piss easy to get full stats.

Bottom line is, I'm right, you're wrong :)

Anyways, onto my most disappointing game. Final Fantasy X-2. It just sucked so bad! The only good thing about it is Yuna, but then you get Paine being all annyoing and gothic (I friggin hate goths).

I've followed the series from FF1. I'm not talking Auron is the only useful character, but he's the only one that actually made me go, wow, that guy is awesome. Tidus is just not a believable main guy for me. Like I said, having Ratchets voice from Ratchet and clank really makes it hard for me to take him seriously. I'm telling you, Final Fantasy 7 and 8 are MILES ahead of this game.

As for the sequel, I was going to play it after I finished the first, but my girlfriend refuses to let my borrow it, as its SO terrible.

Guest Brick
I've followed the series from FF1. I'm not talking Auron is the only useful character' date=' but he's the only one that actually made me go, wow, that guy is awesome.[/quote']

Anima says hello.

EDIT: Also, have you never seen Attack Reels? That my friend is why Wakka is the man. I mean seriously, 12 hits at full damage, to a total of 1,199,988 damage (at 255 strength) that's just insane.

I'm telling you, Final Fantasy 7 and 8 are MILES ahead of this game.

I can see where you're coming from on FF7, however the first 14 or so hours in Midgar are boring as hell and the plot can be confusing at times. As for FF8, it's just a really pedestrian game, nothing of note really happens. Plus, what the hell is going on when they all go to that orphanage? What the ****? Did they just forget that they all happened to grow up together?

As for the sequel, I was going to play it after I finished the first, but my girlfriend refuses to let my borrow it, as its SO terrible.

You don't want to borrow it. It'll leave a very sour taste in your mouth.

Edited by Brick

Guest Brick
Looking forward to seeing ff7 reborn on the PS3! Best game in history' date=' and thats a fact.[/quote']

Sorry bro, it's not happening. That FF7 intro-video we've all seen (YouTube) isn't a preview or nothing, it's just a test of the PS3's power.