Fan Clubs

Whats your next purchase gaming wise?

Guest MojoPogo

Guest MrFill
I'll probably buy myself a DS for Advance Wars DS so I can play with it before I return to the US - saying that, I might wait until the baby-DS comes out, which is meant to be about now, isn't it?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably buy myself a DS for Advance Wars DS so I can play with it before I return to the US - saying that' date=' I might wait until the baby-DS comes out, which is meant to be about now, isn't it?[/quote']

Well, it came out in Japan at the begining of the month. It comletely sold out in about 10 seconds. Even Lik-Sang who were doing import pre-orders couldn't fulfil alot of their orders. Nintendo didn't have enough units to send them.

In Japan the DS-Lite has killed any demand for the PSP. Which, as fan boy like as it sounds, is justice to originality.

I've heard no word on a US and European release date, as yet.

Still havent got Pro 5 :( so im looking to purchase that' date=' I'll have to see how much Euros I have left from my trip to Barcelona.[/quote']

Get the Spanish version, theink it will have a different cover and maybe some of the ingame details will be slightly different.

You'll be able to alter the language so that it's in English too, You'd have a collectors item sonny.

Guest Proudy
Get the Spanish version, theink it will have a different cover and maybe some of the ingame details will be slightly different.

You'll be able to alter the language so that it's in English too, You'd have a collectors item sonny.

Hmmmm interesting......Maybe i'll look into that!

Guest MrFill
Well, it came out in Japan at the begining of the month. It comletely sold out in about 10 seconds. Even Lik-Sang who were doing import pre-orders couldn't fulfil alot of their orders. Nintendo didn't have enough units to send them.

In Japan the DS-Lite has killed any demand for the PSP. Which, as fan boy like as it sounds, is justice to originality.

I've heard no word on a US and European release date, as yet.

I have friends in a game store, so I could blag a pre-order the day that it arrived. :D

Saying that though, the "official" release date for the UK is 19th August, which is WAY too far away, but the current rumour is mid-May, but that's too long too.

I'll probably just buy a Mario Kart package to give me a second game. :)

Yeah, when you start out 'career' mode your fighters stats are rubbish. Work on the combo dummy (or punch bag, I forget which) and bump your stats up a bit. Having had this problem in the first two games, when I created my fighter this time, I whacked his 'speed' stats up a far as I could (30). I just need 2 more achievements for a full 1000 gamer points.

http://live.xbox.com/member/wyndorf666 :D

Just out of interest Wyndorf, on career mode, do your boxers look fat after several weeks in training? I built my own up, then after several pro bouts, he was obese, so I thouhgt I'd do it again, and it was my fault when doing the build etc.

Then I chose De La Hoya, who was ripped at the start of my career, and now his but is hanging over his shorts basically, and the only defintion in his psyhique is the line between his tits, and stomach.

Is this down to my training and whatnot?

I'm not too sure, I know the first guy I built looked pretty 'fit', but as he got into his thirties started to droop, by the time he reached 38 he was a shell of his former self so I had to retire his ass! (With that one last achievement avoiding me)

I think, only the weights help towards your physique, where as the (more useful) punch bag and combo dummy are more likely to cause your guy to balloon, but make you quicker and ironicly, fitter. I don't think having a ripped body makes your fighter any better than having a biffer do your boxing, but it is mildly annoying, yes.

Guest Wolverine
I don't have Pro Evo 5 yet either. Got back into number 4. I see no need to upgrade really.

Do it. There was no reason to upgrade from 3 to 4 ... but there is from 4 to 5. It's much more realistic and thankfully, it's harder. 4 was far too simple to master but you'll have to play this a lot to fully get the hang of it. And when you do, it's such a sweet feeling. Maybe I just like 5 better because it has longetivity. There was no challenge in 4 for me - I could play the game up right now and thrash it on the highest difficulty. Unlike this game, where I have won 5-1 against 6* Barcelona and promptly lost 2-0 in the next game against 3* Czech Republic. I still haven't mastered it.

However, I suspect that I'm a bit of freak when it comes to Pro Evo games. In general, I flat-out refuse to play 1 player unless it's against 6* opposition in a 30 minute match (real-time). So yeah, maybe you should take someone else's advice as well!

I'm not too sure, I know the first guy I built looked pretty 'fit', but as he got into his thirties started to droop, by the time he reached 38 he was a shell of his former self so I had to retire his ass! (With that one last achievement avoiding me)

I think, only the weights help towards your physique, where as the (more useful) punch bag and combo dummy are more likely to cause your guy to balloon, but make you quicker and ironicly, fitter. I don't think having a ripped body makes your fighter any better than having a biffer do your boxing, but it is mildly annoying, yes.

Ah thnanks for that. With reading your first post, and about age, it sounds fairly realistic, and I hope part of why my fighter looks obese, is due to me being payed around $400 per fight. When I get around $5000, I'll upgrade my trainer, which should sort me out.

Just a rough guess anyway, and I ope that's the case.

Just out of interest, how many fight did you have when you were 38, and did your stats, especially speed and agility etc decrease?

Oh, yes of course. Once you start earning more money you can afford a better trainer. Each of them has a 'speciality', so if you wanna boost your power on the weights then the $25,000 guy is the one to use, you'll need the $50,000 guy to getter a better boost on your speed. (and the very odd 'Burger King' although free, helps your heart.)

By the time I retired, my record as a pro fighter was 58 - 5 - 58. I found the last two fights incredibly differcult, especially my very last fight which was against a 'rival' who I had easily K.O'd 5 times before. He hadn't got any better, my boxer just got worse. You do lose stats after each fight, only 1 or 2%, but I noticed after I'd passed 34, I was losing 4 or 5%.

You can't fault the realism, a 38 year old boxer isn't usually in as good a shape as he was when he was 28.

Are you on LIVE, Jack?

Edited by wyndorf

Oh, yes of course. Once you start earning more money you can afford a better trainer. Each of them has a 'speciality', so if you wanna boost your power on the weights then the $25,000 guy is the one to use, you'll need the $50,000 guy to getter a better boost on your speed. (and the very odd 'Burger King' although free, helps your heart.)

By the time I retired, my record as a pro fighter was 58 - 5 - 58. I found the last two fights incredibly differcult, especially my very last fight which was against a 'rival' who I had easily K.O'd 5 times before. He hadn't got any better, my boxer just got worse. You do lose stats after each fight, only 1 or 2%, but I noticed after I'd passed 34, I was losing 4 or 5%.

You can't fault the realism, a 38 year old boxer isn't usually in as good a shape as he was when he was 28.

That sounds brilliant. I think my career has started off the same as yours, with the rivals, and easy wins. I've noticed now I've had a fair few fights, they are a LOT harder, whilst on the same difficulty. At the start, you could stand next to a fighter, with your face free, and he would be dodging non-existant punches, and every now and then, throw a weak jab. Now though, there is a LOT more AI, with the opponents boxing very clever, and this comes into play if you try for a quick knockout, with a huge punch. You will be countered easily, so there is no point at all. Brilliant evolution the game so far for me.

Are you on LIVE' date=' Jack?[/quote']

I do have all the wires and whatnot, but I've never bothered setting it up for some reason. I'll probably get it sorted for Ghost Recon though.

http://live.xbox.com/member/JackB87

Guest Andrew
I've picked up Hhost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and Fight Night 3 for my 360 this past weekend. Not had chance to play on FN3 but Ghost Recon has been played the past couple of nights and it's one hell of a game. My brother had the originals on the XBOX but sold them, I think I might have to go find them cheap now to check them out.

Ghost Recon doesn't really turn me on. Ah, the lure of big sweaty men with gloves was too much for you to resist..... I'll see you online for that one. On the subject of US gamers taking it too seriously.........you can completely ignore them! HA! There's a European room in the lobby. I had a few fights with some German dude, chatting whilst he systematically kicked my ass! Some of these FN players are really good. I've had a few close-un's, but my online record is a horrible 1 - 9 :(

I've got The Outfit on pre-order. I was wanting something to do so I downloaded the demo. Turns out you can only play the demo in multiplayer. Which is a great thing. The Outfit is awesome online. I advise you to at least check the demo out, V1. After a few LIVE matches, you'll eventually suss out what the hell is going on, and that's when it really gets good.

Guest MojoPogo
im also seriously wanting Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King. At last a Dragon Quest game released in the uk. The fact the visuals are by the artist who does Dragonball just makes me want it even more! Its at the top of my RPGs "to do" list ahead of FF12. The only other game that comes close is Suikoden 5 which is a return to the Suikoden 2 style of land bases etc. Which should also be awesome!

Guest MojoPogo
Its the third genuine "holy sh*t, look at the graphics" game on 360 i feel, and is an awesome show of the machines capabilities, along with PGR and Dead or Alive. Next up, Morrowind: Oblivion, which i thought had been cancelled but is now back on........