Fan Clubs

Whats your next purchase gaming wise?

Guest MojoPogo

I quote directly from Sega's own manual.

The Saturn uses a CR2032 battery for internal memory instead of a memory card. Besides saving the clock settings, the internal battery will save games with an average life of 5 years.

Guess I was Lucky then Mr Fill, although come to think of it I do seem to recall a resident Evil save that seemed to vanish.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrFill

Ah, but at the time the Saturn hadn't been out long enough to gague the battery life - from what I remember, they updated that - the expected life for the battery was revised to around 2 years, obviously depending on the machine's usage. :P

I have to say that I did have to change my battery after around 2 years, but I had a Japanese import machine, so it might have had a different spec from the European machines for the battery life.

I just plugged the machine in, yes I still have it though I don't use it.

Of the games saved almost all seem to be gone, now it's being about 3 years since I last used it so it does run out thats for sure.

Funnily enough Duke Nukeem is still there as is Fighting Jam, wonder would they work if I tried to play the games?

Yes Guardian Heroes is one of the games I do have, Silver Hero was a bitch of a boss.

Edited by The Icon

Guest MrFill
Did any of you guys ever play Guardian Heroes on the Saturn?

Yeah - loved it.

Although my favourite game was Burning Rangers - superb game using the Nights engine. :xyx

Oh, and I still have pretty much all of my old consoles too. :P

Guest MojoPogo
Yeah - loved it.

Although my favourite game was Burning Rangers - superb game using the Nights engine. :xyx

Oh, and I still have pretty much all of my old consoles too. :P

I remember it well, the Burning Rangers theme STILL sticks in my head. Panzer Dragoon Saga is still one of the finest games available on ANY system in my book. I LOVED my saturn.

Guest MrFill

Burning Rangers (excuse the size, it's the only one I could find):

http://www.ex-rev.com/FillsImages/BurningRangers.jpg

You played a futuristic fire fighting squad and had to fly around the 3D environment, putting out fires and saving people.

Excellent game.

Oh, and the Panzer Dragoon games were fantastic. :)

I miss playing my Saturn games.

Oh, and I have 3 AQ characters - all Guardians, the highest is about 70th level.

Guest Andrew
All this talk about the Saturn is making me want to dig it out and have a blast. Burning Rangers as Fill said was great, NiGHTS into Dreams was a classic, Fighters Megamix. The Original Tomb Raider... Tash I can't believe you did it in one sitting took me bloody months!!! Well I was stuck on one bit for ages cause I kept getting killed. I never had to buy a memory card either for it, the built in memory did me fine. What a console, shame it was so under looked in favour of the PSOne

Guest Andrew
Is that likely to happen? That would be awesome! I had to finish that game in one go because I didn't have a memory card at the time and I had it on the Saturn! :lol I was unable to switch off my console until I'd completed it.

Well there was a few things said about a special project being worked on but no details were given. I'd so love it to be a Remake and they'd be no better time for it either.... This year is the Ten Year Anniversary of the Original being released!

I won't buy another game for a while because i just bought one yesterday...

TRUE CRIME: New York City.

Loved the first, couldn't resist the second. I think it's better because you can hang out at precinct etc. Also you can alter your clothes which ain't a biggie, but it's ok.

I'm a bbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddd cop though. I suck at driving and must take out about 30 people down any one street.

Still, you can go into strip club and frisk the girls. I found some stolen wallets on one girl, but where was she hiding them?

Guest Anime Otaku
Has anyone here played Dai Gassou! Band Brothers? When I bought stuff from Lik Sang i accidentally ordered 2 copies of electroplankton and had to get one canceled and recieved store credit. I was wondering if anyone has played it as it's a Japanese title and wanted to know how hard it is to play if you cannot read Japanese.

From all accounts it's pretty easy to pick up and play. I say this without actually playing it, but I had planned to buy it when it forst came out, so I did do some revision.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/daigasso_band_brothers_trans.txt

Hmmm....Gamefaqs.com don't like linkedge, so just search for Band brothers and the translation is pretty easy to find.

And someone's opinion from the Lik-Sang forums:

On a scale of 1 to 10. 10 been the hardest to understand. I would give it about 2.5 and the music editor a 6.

Also some the menus come up in English for about half a second then change to Japanese. Other menus have Japanese names but behind the text is in English. Others are just Japanese but its easy to work out.

Edited by wyndorf

Guest Pirate Burchill

Well the last time i answer this question for my next buy in the world of games i had no clue about SmackDown! coming out, so this is my re-answer.

Games for 2006:

SmackDown! VS RAW 2007 - This game could be a 10 marker for graphics!

TNA - It looks absolutely amazing! :lol

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon - The final battle, and who better than a Pirate to play it! :devil

Fifa Street 2 - Loved the lasted one, this one looks better. Its a definate buy!

:thumbsup

Guest MojoPogo
Well the last time i answer this question for my next buy in the world of games i had no clue about SmackDown! coming out, so this is my re-answer.

Games for 2006:

SmackDown! VS RAW 2007 - This game could be a 10 marker for graphics!

TNA - It looks absolutely amazing! :lol

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon - The final battle, and who better than a Pirate to play it! :devil

Fifa Street 2 - Loved the lasted one, this one looks better. Its a definate buy!

:thumbsup

Who better? i'll tell you........KANYON! Err.....sorry. Brought old memories back that did! Suikoden 5 will be brilliant too, back to the whole land based thing thankfully. Though sailing about on a ship did have a certain appeal!

I'm not a great gamer, mainly because this PC is crap and crashes more often than Ralf Schumacher, but my next purchase, I can tell you right now will be Football Manager 2007, or whatever they call the next edition.