Fan Clubs

RIP Lance Cade

Dead Crow

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dante Spears
Why? I've no doubt its true, Linda is barely involved in the wrestling side of things, she's probably met almost all of their random midcarders "maybe once". It wasnt an insult.

Yes but the way she delivered it is so cold. , you could have said it as "I didn't know him that well, I wasn't involved with the talent". "Oh I may have met him maybe once" makes him sound so...insignificant.

Guest HH-Evolution
I'd also be inclined to say "****" it, why should I bother voting between a turd and a douche..."

That sums up most politics generally. :lol

Guest Chriscare
I think a pension plan and health insurance is a great idea for wrestling. But it wouldn't make any difference to the majority of these deaths and guys like Lance Cade, that's what I was getting at.

Completely disagree. It would make a massive difference. Because they don't get a pension or benefits, wrestlers have to make as much money as they can when they get the opportunity. If you're lucky enough to get to the WWE, the average time you're on tv and ppv's is probably about 4-5 years. If a wrestler picks up an injury in that time, of course they're going to want to come back early, all they get is their downside when they're injured, which is f'all, they're gonna lose out on any bonuses and alot of merchandising revenue. If they had better, pay, benfits, and pension, they'd be much less likely to come back early, and much less likely to then have to start taking pain killers and get addicted to them.

While I agree it may help in some cases, I think the impact would be far less than some people seem to think. Apply a reality check and compare their terms to other contractors in high risk professions (say, oil riggers). Also, if they're only there for 5 years, their pension would be sod-all.

They get paid their downside while injured, which is more than most contractors get. Work and get paid, or don't work and don't get paid. It's the nature of the contracting game. That WWE pays them while they aren't working is actually much better than they have any right to expect. As is paying for medical treatment for injuries sustained at work. Because 99.999% of the companies on the planet would laugh in your face if you asked them to pay for an contractors medical bills. As is WWE paying for rehab for the druggies.

The reality is, it's time fans stopped making excuses for wrestlers failings and trying to pawn it off as WWE's fault. As long as people are willing to make excuses for wrestlers, the WWE will always get the blame. If WWE doubled the wrestlers downside, brought in lifelong medical insurance and pension tomorrow, you'd still have people bitching it was WWE's fault when the next coke head died of a heartattack or OD.

Wrestlers are human beings, they make choices. When they make the wrong ones, there are consequences. It is categorically not WWE's responsability to try to glue Humpty Dumpty back together again, and yet, if he falls while he's under contract, they do make a substantial effort to do so.

Edited by etz

Completely disagree. It would make a massive difference. Because they don't get a pension or benefits, wrestlers have to make as much money as they can when they get the opportunity. If you're lucky enough to get to the WWE, the average time you're on tv and ppv's is probably about 4-5 years. If a wrestler picks up an injury in that time, of course they're going to want to come back early, all they get is their downside when they're injured, which is f'all, they're gonna lose out on any bonuses and alot of merchandising revenue.

That would be perfectly valid if what you say happens, except it doesn't.

Eddie Guerrero was on like between 250 and 400k downside in WCW and he came back early from his car crash in 1999. Would a pension and benefits help him there?

You talk about these bonuses and merchandise revenue. For Lance Cade? What merchandise? What bonuses?

Sure that's part of the reason they come back early but a much bigger part is surely the ego of keeping your spot, wanting to be noticed for a bigger push and moving up the card. And that's got to do with making more money down the line. Having a pension plan isn't going to change that attitude.

Wrestlers do have to make as much money as possible but if you're crap with money what good is a pension plan? Or if you get addicted to recreational drugs what use is this added health care? And nobody has mentioned what this health care plan would consist of considering they already get surgeries, rehab, salary paid for in this time. Would having a dental plan help then?

If they had better, pay, benfits, and pension, they'd be much less likely to come back early, and much less likely to then have to start taking pain killers and get addicted to them.

I really wish that was true, but I'd be a load nothing would change. Better pay will only happen when the company makes more money from the shows they produce and a pension plan would be irrelevant if guys can't look after their money. And as I said ultimately the ego will want them to retain their spot or their push. So you think if a guy got injured, he wouldn't come back quicker cause he had a pension, even though he could still lose his spot/push?

Those problems cannot be answered by simply going give them a pension plan and health care, it's nowhere near that black and white.

Guest Jayfunk
Completely disagree. It would make a massive difference. Because they don't get a pension or benefits, wrestlers have to make as much money as they can when they get the opportunity. If you're lucky enough to get to the WWE, the average time you're on tv and ppv's is probably about 4-5 years. If a wrestler picks up an injury in that time, of course they're going to want to come back early, all they get is their downside when they're injured, which is f'all, they're gonna lose out on any bonuses and alot of merchandising revenue. If they had better, pay, benfits, and pension, they'd be much less likely to come back early, and much less likely to then have to start taking pain killers and get addicted to them.

The problem with that arguement is that they get paid a fair wack, now if they were smart (which clearly most of them aren't) they would not waste all there money and invest some of it in retirement plans (Pension is the thing you get when you retire or reach the selected retirement age) , some basic income protection insurance if they get hurt and they could save there money as they would know its not a job for life

some basic income protection insurance if they get hurt
They wouldn't need it, or even qualify for it, as they still get paid when injured.

As for saving/investing what they earn during their careers, if I was working for WWE, I'd have been picking the brains of JBL, Undertaker and Austin (particulalry JBL) every day for advice on how to be financially secure after I'd hung up the tights.

Guest Jayfunk
They wouldn't need it, or even qualify for it, as they still get paid when injured.

As for saving/investing what they earn during their careers, if I was working for WWE, I'd have been picking the brains of JBL, Undertaker and Austin (particulalry JBL) every day for advice on how to be financially secure after I'd hung up the tights.

Well they would if they got injuried enough to be forced to retire.

I would visit a qualified Financial Advisor and pay them lots of commission

Well they would if they got injuried enough to be forced to retire.

Didn't realise you were talking about career-ending injuries, so apologies for that, but why would you go to someone and pay them "lots" of commission? Surely you'd try and get a deal where you paid them as little commission as possible?

Not a very financially sound strategy there, Jay. :lol

Guest Jayfunk
Didn't realise you were talking about career-ending injuries, so apologies for that, but why would you go to someone and pay them "lots" of commission? Surely you'd try and get a deal where you paid them as little commission as possible?

Not a very financially sound strategy there, Jay. :lol

Not if your the FA in question, that is a great idea when i re qualifly FA to the wrestling stars!

Not if your the FA in question, that is a great idea when i re qualifly FA to the wrestling stars!
Why would you visit yourself?

Guest Jayfunk
aside from doing it very night, i meant if i was a wrestler i would visit a qualified FA (especially if that FA was me and the wrestler was Taker think of the commission!!!)

aside from doing it very night, i meant if i was a wrestler i would visit a qualified FA (especially if that FA was me and the wrestler was Taker think of the commission!!!)
No offence, Jay, but I wouldn't come to you because I genuinely wouldn't trust you to complete paperwork correctly.

I know that's very harsh, but if it came to someone dealing with serious financial matters, I'd want to be safe in the knowledge that everything that was done on my behalf was word-perfect.

Guest Jayfunk
No offence, Jay, but I wouldn't come to you because I genuinely wouldn't trust you to complete paperwork correctly.

I know that's very harsh, but if it came to someone dealing with serious financial matters, I'd want to be safe in the knowledge that everything that was done on my behalf was word-perfect.

FA's don't do paperwork that is why they have PA's for :lol

But in terms of Financial Matters my own retirment plan has gained 11.08% growth which is 2.08% higher than the FSA allows people to quote in projections so although i can't spell i am good at something

FA's don't do paperwork that is why they have PA's for :lol
So when a potential client comes to you for advice, you don't write/type anything?

Anyway, I thought you worked in a call centre. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not how I'd expect a Financial Advisor to do business.

EDIT - Kinda off topic now, so apologies for that. :lol

Edited by DC

Guest Jayfunk
So when a potential client comes to you for advice, you don't write/type anything?

Anyway, I thought you worked in a call centre. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not how I'd expect a Financial Advisor to do business.

I'm a qualified FA but i work for a Financial Provider. I have done the studies needed to be an FA but i don't work as one neither am I allowed to give financial advice or claim i do in line with the FSA rules.

I don't work in a call centre it's a contact centre there is a key difference. a Call centre is just there give information and little customer service. Contact Teams are there to give top quality customer service

I don't work in a call centre it's a contact centre there is a key difference. a Call centre is just there give information and little customer service. Contact Teams are there to give top quality customer service
:lol

They're the same thing, Jay, just worded differently to give a better impression. It's like the way the company I work for is a debt recovery company rather than a debt collection company; it just sound s better.

Guest Jayfunk
:lol

They're the same thing, Jay, just worded differently to give a better impression. It's like the way the company I work for is a debt recovery company rather than a debt collection company; it just sound s better.

No, that is not true. Call centres are largely focused on numbers of calls they get through. Contact centres are about services. I have see both and trust me the pay on contact teams are alot better call centres (12-14k) contact teams (16k-20k) but heck we just have any amazing customer services record 5 star awards since it started so it could be just us

No, that is not true. Call centres are largely focused on numbers of calls they get through. Contact centres are about services. I have see both and trust me the pay on contact teams are alot better call centres (12-14k) contact teams (16k-20k) but heck we just have any amazing customer services record 5 star awards since it started so it could be just us
Jay, I worked in positions that came under both the call centres and contact centres banner for eight years until December of last year. There was no difference in what the aim of the job was; to deal with the customer's query swiftly, effectively and efficiently.

• Join the early access

Members are able to join clubs and participate in the forums.

• Latest Club Activity