Fan Clubs

Random News 2014

dsrchris

I don't understand it either. My guess is that they may not trust the network, or may not have a proper device to view it on, or they don't have fast enough internet to use it properly.

I do find it hilarious when during Night Of Champions, the announcers flat out gave the middle finger to their remaining PPV partners and said "why you guys paying 59.99 for something we'll give you for 9.99?"

Roman being out injured has really screwed up his mega push plan. He may not even be back in time for Mania, but then again maybe he will. Even if he is though, I don't think there's enough time now to properly build him into a credible threat for Brock.

I read an idea I thought would be cool - head into Mania with Seth cashing in for a Mania main event, have Roman win the rumble if he's back in time or somehow otherwise earn a shot, and have Dean win the chamber or rumble to earn in to it too.

4 way for the title. Dean vs Seth vs Roman vs Brock. Brock destroys everyone til they realize we gotta work together to beat him - Shield mini reunion that throughly beats Brock's ass and removes him from the match. Now you have triple threat for the title, yayayayyayayaya

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
A chunk of that number will be public events like bars and restaurants that show the pay-per-views on T.V. screens. I imagine those guys aren't allowed the network? I'm not sure how that works. It's also SummerSlam, so it's one of those Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania shows where people who don't watch every show are more likely to watch without watching anything else all year.

• 2 weeks later...
That's sad - he always seemed like a top guy with real passion, and did a hell of a lot of work with Make A Wish and so on, and helping arrange meetings between kids and superstars. He seemed to have pretty much lived pro-wrestling. I imagine he'll still find work in the industry in some capacity, but it sucks to see him lose what has to be his dream job.

Guest bigmatt

The latest on Daniel Bryan according to the Observer is that Bryan’s right arm is not regaining strength and he may need another surgery. Possibly a "Tommy John surgery" which is something that MLB pitchers get a lot, " a reconstruction of the ulnar ligament".

If the talk about any kind of further surgery is correct, Bryan is very likely to miss the Rumble and possibly WrestleMania.

Guest bigmatt

This is a month old but a Mexican wrestler called Skyman doing a huge dive from a balcony and missing the wrestlers below. Don't watch if you're squeamish.

[video=youtube;CqAo_8v8v-I]

Guest The Beltster

Because throwing yourself off great heights is pro wrestling...

There was a woman who did some pro wrestling from the top floor of the local mall a few months ago. The pavement no-sold.

Great workers.

The RKO vine craze continues to spread (and is awesome, my favourite is the Giraffe).

Dundee celebrated going 2-1 up in their game against Motherwell in a 3-1 one when Jim McAlister ran up and performed the move on goalscorer Gary Harkins... It was so good Randy Orton even tweeted about it to congratulate them. Link to the BBC Sport article is below...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29683801

In US related news from the land of the Rising Sun...

At the last NJPW supershow AJ Styles lost the IWGP Heavyweight title to Hiroshi Tanahashi who begins his 6th reign (a new record). Naofumi Yamamoto, also known from his seven year stint in the WWE as Yoshi Tatsu, turned up and saved Tanahashi from a Jeff Jarrett guitar shot, finally returning to the company he left following his release from the WWE. He will continue to use a version of his WWE name, but as Yoshitatsu. He will make his in ring return on the 8th of November in a special singles match against AJ Styles.

Alex Shelley is still a IWGP Jr. Tag Team champion, he and KUSHIDA retained their titles in a three way with Koslov and Romero and Matt and Nick Jackson, KUSHIDA rolling up Koslov for the win in their 3rd defence on the titles.

Lance Archer and Davey Smith Jr. won the NWA Tag Team titles from Tenzan and Kojima with the Killer Bomb and Chase Owens defeated BUSHI with a Package Piledriver to retain his NWA Jr. Heavyweight title and challenged Jushin Thunder Liger afterwards so that may well be the next defence for him.

WRESTLE-1 will continue to work with TNA, working a joint show on the 1st of November to celebrate Keiji Muto's 30th anniversary of his ring debut and the card is as follows...

WRESTLE-1 "KEIJI MUTO 30TH ANNIVERSARY ~ HOLD OUT", 01.11.2014

Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. AKIRA & Manabu Soya vs. Ryouji Sai & KAZMA SAKAMOTO

2. WRESTLE-1 vs. Novus: Yasufumi Nakanoue, Daiki Inaba, Seiki Yoshioka & Hiroki Murase vs. Yusuke Kodama, Koji Doi, Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio & Rionne Fujiwara

3. Ryota Hama, Andy Wu & El Hijo del Pantera vs. Yoshihiro Takayama, NOSAWA Rongai & MAZADA

4. Hiroshi Yamato vs. LEONA

5. KAI vs. Masato Tanaka

6. WRESTLE-1 vs. TNA: Kaz Hayashi, Shuji Kondo & Minoru Tanaka vs. Robbie E , Jesse Godderz & DJ Z

7. WRESTLE-1 vs. DESPERADO vs. TNA 3 Way Match: Seiya Sanada vs. TAJIRI vs. Matt Hardy

8. Special Singles Match: Masakatsu Funaki vs. Alberto

9. WRESTLE-1 Title: Masayuki Kono © vs. Keiji Muto