Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Random News 2014

dsrchris

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently watching the stream of the New Japan Tokyo Dome show live which is awesome.

Few items of news related to American wrestlers that has happened on the show. SPOILERS

In an all North American affair Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows (yes as in Luke Gallows who was also Doc in TNA) are the new IWGP Tag Champs after they defeated Lance Archer and Davey Boy Smith Jr. (yes the son of British Bulldog and former WWE star).

Plus the Jackson Brothers as they are known in Japan (you way know them as the Young Bucks) retain their IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag titles in a four way match against TAKA Michinoku & Taichi, Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA and Rocky Romero & Alex Koslov.

Finally Rob Conway (remember him?) the current NWA champion just lost his title to a Kojima lariat.

Currently watching the stream of the New Japan Tokyo Dome show live which is awesome.

Few items of news related to American wrestlers that has happened on the show. SPOILERS

Conway was champion 294 days too long. F*ck him.

Edited by Kam

Picture of Prince Devitt at the NJPW event today which I screen capped - he was done up like Carnage from Spiderman with the best paint I have ever seen. It' didn't run, smear, come off or transfer onto his opponent at all....

http://s13.postimg.org/pv8wqgaqv/Devitt_Carnage.jpg

If it wasn't then it has now.

I don't think it's HIV or AIDS though that's his issue given the fact he has wrestled since 'retiring' in 2010 for RoH and CZW so it might be either a money, personal or even some other medical reason but not HIV because this is one sport were you have a blood borne disease you're done. I mean look at Bob Orton - he hid his and once it came out (after bleeding over everyone I might add) that was it - done.

If it wasn't then it has now.

I don't think it's HIV or AIDS though that's his issue given the fact he has wrestled since 'retiring' in 2010 for RoH and CZW so it might be either a money, personal or even some other medical reason but not HIV because this is one sport were you have a blood borne disease you're done. I mean look at Bob Orton - he hid his and once it came out (after bleeding over everyone I might add) that was it - done.

But X-Pac still wrestles, and he was diagnosed with Hepatitis C a few years ago. I read in an interview that he's open with it, and nobody he wrestles against seems to have a problem with it.

Guest John Hancock

Didn't The Undertaker get very, very angry over the Bob Orton thing? Either way, it was a really stupid thing to do.

Can't you get an immunisation against hep. C anyway? I seem to remember getting one when I was younger to go to South Africa. If so, wrestlers should probably get them too.

Yeah like John says, if it is a strain of a disease that can be vaccinated against then so long as you are open about it then you can carry on wrestling and the company takes precautions. If its not something that can be protected against, like you know, HIV, then you're done.

Yes, J-Rock, Taker got REALLY angry at the Bob Orton incident but luckily wasn't infected despite Orton bleeding everywhere like a stuck pig.

EDIT: I think Bob at Hep-B which can be vaccinated against, as can Hep-A but Hep-C has no known vaccination at the moment. If X-Pac does have C then it's a dangerous thing and costly for his opponents since they live in a country were health care is not free and I don't think insurance will cover them...

Doc: "So Mr Jack Evans... you appear to have Hep-C, have you come into contact with anyone who may have this disease, had sex with them, shared a needle..."

JE: "Yes, I know someone at work who has this same disease, he told me sometime ago..."

Doc: "Says here your profession is... pro wrestler? So you knowing engaged in violent activity with this person were by their blood could enter your system?"

JE: "Err.... yes..."

Doc: "Idiot, get out..."

Edited by Evil Gringo

Guest Frank Botch

Also from the Dome show, Nakamura came out with an assortment of females

http://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/q71/1525669_574789232597723_1251645570_n.jpg