Fan Clubs (beta)

Community Newsletter Poll: Sega Vs Nintendo, the early years.

Paul

Sega or Nintendo?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Sega or Nintendo?

• Sonic ruled my world. Sega for me.
    • Fat gay plummers are teh bestest! Nintendo all the way.
    • Meh, they both sucked. I had a Comodore 64.

Because you can link them together for multi-player/multi-console games

A lot of games allow multi-console, like Halo & Halo 2 can have 4 consoles, 16 players

In the UK we had 4 Xboxes, all permanently networked :)

See, the Xbox is for people who have friends :D

Or like to pretend to have friends anyway

When I was still in the UK, we had regular Thursday night Halo-fests

10+ people all coming round to eat pizza, drink, and play several hours of Halo - damn good fun

Why would I want to spend several hundred pounds/dollars to pretend that I had friends, if I wanted to pretend then I'd just save my money :P

The other reason to have several Xboxes now is that my wife and I can go on Xbox Live at the same time, but not take up TV space

If there's one thing that M$ did right with the Xbox is making Live so good

When I was still in the UK' date=' we had regular Thursday night Halo-fests[/quote']

Keeping the tradition going MrFill sir.

I'll have to go with Nintendo, The Super Mario Bros game on the gameboy kept me entetained for ages.

Blades of steel on the NES is probably the best ice hockey game ever.

And the Snes made my childhood a a happy one

So i'm voting Nintendo.

The SNES took my gaming viginity, and you always remember your first!! Mario, Zelda, Street Fighter 2, the original Metroid, ah good times.

And besides gentlemen I believe I hold the record for most PS2s owned at 4!

That's because they're build so cheaply that they break really easily :P

Exactly :thumbsup Do you know how much fun it is to fork out money, for something that lasts about a year. The first one yes I did drop it once on the floor, the second one I brought on he train every week so that probably didnt help. The third one just started whirring and clicking one day.... :(

I started with a Rowtron TV Games system which was really just Pong. Then I had a C64 which was the greatest thing I ever had. Since then I've owned all the consoles except the Gamecube which I didn't like. I'm not a hoarder so when I wanted a newer console I sold the old ones. It makes sense to me. Now I have all the old machines and games emulated perfectly on a computer. So now I only have an X-Box, PS2 and a good ole Dreamcast, my phone however is an N-Gage.

Ooops I forgot, I voted for NES as Super Mario Brothers is still one of my favourite games of all time, yes still!

Exactly :thumbsup Do you know how much fun it is to fork out money' date=' for something that lasts about a year. The first one yes I did drop it once on the floor, the second one I brought on he train every week so that probably didnt help. The third one just started whirring and clicking one day.... :([/quote']

I've had the same PS2 since they came out, ok the laser is beginning to play up but it still works.