Fan Clubs (beta)

My hometown virtual art exhibition

Hi, 

I'm new to these forums but I hope this is an acceptable way/place to post this.

Hometown Virtual Art Exhibition:

The project was birthed from disagreements I had as an artist with the institutions I work with in my daily life - why should my art be promoted and sold as though it was some sort of product? Hence, I set about building this virtual exhibition, and sharing it in places such as this, which I hope are protected from the general buzz of algorithms and endless content marketing.

To clarify the contents of the zip, you will find a .app and a .exe file of a small virtual exhibition, made in Unity. You can wander about, and try to see all 6 paintings if you wish. There is a separate version for Windows and MacOS. Please read the README file before exploring. 

Download Hometown ZIP

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Kind regards,
Soup Villain.

Hey @SoupVillain and welcome to the board. 

Before sharing a link to download a file, please tell us a little about yourself, what hometown is, and why you made it. I downloaded and tested the Windows version to verify that it wasn't malicious, but I want to make sure members know what to expect before going to download a file. 

P.S. I love your display name. If it's the DC villain, there's a DC forum in the superheroes club you might be interested in joining.

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

Hey @SoupVillain and welcome to the board. 

Before sharing a link to download a file, please tell us a little about yourself, what hometown is, and why you made it. I downloaded and tested the Windows version to verify that it wasn't malicious, but I want to make sure members know what to expect before going to download a file. 

P.S. I love your display name. If it's the DC villain, there's a DC forum in the superheroes club you might be interested in joining.

Hi, thanks for the clarification, and my apologies for any concern caused.

Soup Villain is a moniker I operate under. I'm a conceptual artist in the UK, and this file is part of an art project I am working on regarding futility and legacy. The project was birthed from disagreements I had as an artist with the institutions I work with in my daily life - why should my art be promoted and sold as though it was some sort of product? Hence, I set about building this virtual exhibition, and sharing it in places such as this, which I hope are protected from the general buzz of algorithms and endless content marketing.

To clarify the contents of the zip, you will find a .app and a .exe file of a small virtual exhibition, made in Unity. You can wander about, and try to see all 6 paintings if you wish.

I was not aware of the DC villain, but thank you for the referral!

- Soup

32 minutes ago, SoupVillain said:

Hi, thanks for the clarification, and my apologies for any concern caused.

Soup Villain is a moniker I operate under. I'm a conceptual artist in the UK, and this file is part of an art project I am working on regarding futility and legacy. The project was birthed from disagreements I had as an artist with the institutions I work with in my daily life - why should my art be promoted and sold as though it was some sort of product? Hence, I set about building this virtual exhibition, and sharing it in places such as this, which I hope are protected from the general buzz of algorithms and endless content marketing.

To clarify the contents of the zip, you will find a .app and a .exe file of a small virtual exhibition, made in Unity. You can wander about, and try to see all 6 paintings if you wish.

I was not aware of the DC villain, but thank you for the referral!

- Soup

Thanks for all the added context. I updated the original post with the new info and to add the link back in there. 

Thanks again for sharing and I hope to see you around the forums!

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Thanks for all the added context. I updated the original post with the new info and to add the link back in there. 

Thanks again for sharing and I hope to see you around the forums!

Cheers, and thank you for the help 🙂 

- Soup

• Heart 1