Fan Clubs (beta)

Music You Discovered Through Gaming

Gareth The Great

Mike
This post was recognized by Mike!

Gareth The Great was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 10 points.

Have you discovered any great bands or music tracks through gaming? Some games have brilliant soundtracks. Red Dead Redemption led me to the song, Far Away. The Borderlands led me to The Heavy, which is a fantastic rock band. Tony Hawk's games always had great soundtracks back in the day. I found Primus and The Dead Kennedys through one of those games.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Euro Truck Simulator 2 has an integrated real online radio in-game, some years ago I tuned in to rock station from Poland and I discovered Wanda I Banda, a cool rock band from the 80s and still active. There are some songs I keep in my daily playlists even though I don't understand a single word of the lyrics. Love it!

@Gareth The Great this was a great topic, it's a shame it didn't get more comments!

• Heart 1

On 9/12/2020 at 6:46 PM, Gareth The Great said:

Have you discovered any great bands or music tracks through gaming? Some games have brilliant soundtracks. Red Dead Redemption led me to the song, Far Away. The Borderlands led me to The Heavy, which is a fantastic rock band. Tony Hawk's games always had great soundtracks back in the day. I found Primus and The Dead Kennedys through one of those games.

As @worm said, this was a great thread idea! I'm going to piggyback off 'The Borderlands' and say Tales from the Borderlands. Tony Hawks Pro Skater of course. The Ori Games have outstanding soundtracks. And more recently, the game 'As Dusk Falls' had a pretty awesome set of songs.

8 minutes ago, Motorcycle Nerd said:

As @worm said, this was a great thread idea! I'm going to piggyback off 'The Borderlands' and say Tales from the Borderlands. Tony Hawks Pro Skater of course. The Ori Games have outstanding soundtracks. And more recently, the game 'As Dusk Falls' had a pretty awesome set of songs.

Oh man! I played the HELL out of THP3 and the music played a big part in that! Awesome. That game got me into the later albums of the Rollins Band.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Disgruntled Dragon said:

I'm honestly a huge fan of the band First Aid Kit simply because of TellTale Games always using them on their soundtracks. You can't go wrong with the classics, of course, like Final Fantasy or Zelda, but I also like Old Gods of Asgard from Alan Wake and Control.

Good shout on the Old Gods of Asgard! Not only does the music slap, but the actual time it plays... Pure perfection. Can't wait to see what they have up their sleeves for Alan Wake 2! 🤞🤞🤞

• 8 months later...
On 4/18/2024 at 7:21 AM, Adeptus said:

Black Moon Chronicles - sadly, game is broken because of the extremely weak AI, but soundatrack is fire.

Great share! I've never heard this before, but absolutely 🔥🔥🔥