Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  16 members  ·  Free

Godzilla (Monsterverse)

Introduced the kids to Godzilla vs Mothra

Mike

The 1964 remastered edition

Flying Inoshiro Honda GIF by Turner Classic Movies

The last week has been a non-stop reenactment of the movie, but I'm not complaining. It's been a couple decades (ouch) since I've seen it myself, and I couldn't look away.

If you're wondering how it is for the kiddos, it's completely fine, and I have to think all the old ones are. Now the kids want to have a Godzilla binge.

P.S. I forgot how well shot it was.

The Godzilla movies get more and more fantastical and kid friendly as you go through the 60's and 70's. I would bet the kids will love almost all of them! Once you get to 80's and 90's, the movies get more dark and grounded and Godzilla goes from being the good guy defending Japan to more of an anti hero or straight up villain. I'll be curious to hear how those movies go over with the kids, haha. 

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Sirius_Amory33 said:

The Godzilla movies get more and more fantastical and kid friendly as you go through the 60's and 70's. I would bet the kids will love almost all of them! Once you get to 80's and 90's, the movies get more dark and grounded and Godzilla goes from being the good guy defending Japan to more of an anti hero or straight up villain. I'll be curious to hear how those movies go over with the kids, haha. 

I think I'm going to wait a bit before introducing them to the later years, in that case.

THE BEST ACTION MOVIES OF 1998 – 'GODZILLA' – Action A Go Go, LLC

• Heart 1

• 1 month later...