WWE announces the Global Cruiserweight Series

DC

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barbarian1072
Tell me you guys saw that Cedric Alexander vs Kota Ibushi main event! Awesome match, and the moment at the end where the fans were chanting "please sign Cedric" and Triple H just came out and gave the thumbs up, nearly made me tear up haha. But damn this CWC is the best WWE weekly programme going.

He has wrestled pretty much all of his career in Ring of Honor but has now confirmed he has left the promotion. Given the reception he got from Full Sail, the actions of HHH after the match and the fact there is going to be a Cruiserweight Division on Raw...

Well I expect we'll see Cedric working Monday nights soon enough.

Yeah, Cedric is a criminally underrated worker. Like said, he wrestled for ROH, had a few indy bookings too with PWG, PCW and so on. Saw him with wXw last year, he's really good.

Guest Barbarian1072
It was definitely the best match I've ever seen him wrestle, and I'd even say it's Ibushi's best since he wrestled Styles at NJPW Invasion Attack last year. Cedric has a certain charisma to him as well, he makes you buy into his character, I really sympathised for him during that match, and after as well.

"On August 13, it was confirmed that Alexander has signed a contract with WWE and will be competing in the Cruiserweight division in RAW brand, alongside few yet unknown competitors."

Guest Barbarian1072
This Cruiserweight Classic has already put on 2 match of the year candidates when you count that and Ciampa vs Gargano, It's the best weekly show in wrestling today!

Daniel Bryan commentating with the enthusiasm of a kid on Christmas day just makes it even more great!
You could make a drinking game out of "Have you ever seen that before?" comments from D-Bry.

His marking out for the intricacies of SZJ and Jack Gallagher was heart-warming.

I'm hoping this becomes an annual tradition, while they extend it and make the Dusty Classic a tag-team version of the same premise.

This needs to happen.
Depending on contract statuses, etc, having teams like The Young Bucks and The Briscoes from outside, having Austin & Roode reform, a reunited MCMG, Kaz & Daniels (which will cover the old veteran quota), Roppongi Vice, Thunder & Lightning from WWC,The Sumerian Death Squad and NAK would be immense.

Guest Barbarian1072
Honestly can't wait for tomorrow just so I can watch the CWC again, It's got to be my favourite weekly show. I can't remember all the matches we're getting but there are three of them, one being Kendrick vs Nese. I'm very interested to see who wins that as Brian made Mendoza look incredible in the first round so I can see him sticking around to the semi finals to make potential stars look good, but Tony Nese looks pretty damn good when he's not facing a veteran and WWE would be stupid not to hire him, he's got the wrestling. the look and an air of charisma about him and I think him and Kendrick could have an incredible match

At some point we're getting Tozawa against Jack Gallagher, and I really don't know who to cheer for. TJ Perkins vs Johnny Gargano should be great too.

Hell, the majority of the matches in this tournament are gonna be great for so many different reasons. Drew Gulak vs ZSJ could and should be a technical masterpiece, whereas I also can't wait to see Rich Swann and Lince Dorado go hell for leather.

There's just so much to love about this tournament. The main problem is gonna be trying to top it if they attempt this again next year.

Guest Barbarian1072
There are a few guys they didn't bring in that they could have tried to (Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay, Pete Dunn, Paul London, John Morrison, Ricochet, Kushida if they were very lucky), and they could just put established cruiser weights back in the tournament even of they're signed by WWE at the time, which a lot of them will be, including Ibushi, Metalik and Alexander. Next year could top it if they play it very, very well.

At some point we're getting Tozawa against Jack Gallagher
That's on tonight's show along with Noam Dar v Ho Ho Lun and Kendrick v Nese.
There are a few guys they didn't bring in that they could have tried to (Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay, Pete Dunn, Paul London, John Morrison, Ricochet, Kushida if they were very lucky)
Ricochet (as Prince Puma), John Morrison (as Johnny Mundo) and Paul London were tied to Lucha Underground, so would not have been able to be used.