Fan Clubs (beta)

Janet Jackson left exposed on TV - Super Bowl

Kam

From the BBC:

TV network CBS has apologised for its broadcast of the American Super Bowl after Janet Jackson was left exposed when Justin Timberlake ripped her top.

The pair had been performing a raunchy half-time duet when Jackson was exposed as Timberlake pulled at her bustier.

Timberlake said in a statement: "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

CBS quickly cut away from the scene but was still flooded with calls from angry viewers about the half-time entertainment, produced by MTV.

The Super Bowl is consistently America's highest watched television event. This year the New England Patriots beat the Carolina Panthers.

During the half-time show, Timberlake reached out and grabbed at Jackson's leather bustier, forcing her to cover herself up before the stage lights were quickly dimmed.

CBS said officials had watched rehearsals and had no indication of the nature of the performance during the half-time show.

And NFL officials were also angry at what had happened during the broadcast, watched by millions of families.

Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said certain elements of the show were "totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given" about its content.

He added it was unlikely MTV would be produce another Super Bowl entertainment show.

MTV also issued an apology, calling the incident "unrehearsed, unplanned" and "completely unintentional".

Timberlake, known for his raunchy performances with female stars, including Australian singer Kylie Minogue, insisted it had been an accident.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," the singer said.

The Shame!

i was watching it last night and bloody hell i was well shocked when it happened! he ripped her top and she properly flopped out! it wasnt like a little bit of nipple it was all of it!. was only for a second tho then the lights went out. you could see she had her nipple pierced tho!

justin looked good tho - my friend who was watching it with me completely missed it cos she was to busy staring at justin!

Guest Pabster
Er, i've known KJ for a good few years now. :P Also, he's married with children but his real name isn't Al Bundy but I bet he acts like him though. :)

Guest Great Lover
Originally posted by Pabster

Er, i've known KJ for a good few years now. :P Also, he's married with children but his real name isn't Al Bundy but I bet he acts like him though. :)

Er, sorry...

Guest Steve V.1

It is all a publicitiy (sp?) stunt. They were trying to recreate the Britney-madonna kiss from last summer.

Janet Jackson also has a new album coming out in a few weeks, hence, the boob :)

Originally posted by Stevie-Effect

It is all a publicitiy (sp?) stunt. They were trying to recreate the Britney-madonna kiss from last summer.

Janet Jackson also has a new album coming out in a few weeks, hence, the boob :)

Its what most people think.

Aye it was quite obviously meant to happen, funny how JT was getting to the part in his song where it goes "I'm gonna have you naked by the end of this song" :roll

• 1 month later...
Guest wasshe

i know but i like Britney and madonna :D

btw have you heard Britney's new song "talk of the hand"

its gross

• 6 months later...

From the BBC news website:

$550,000 fine for Janet exposure

Federal regulators in the US have fined the CBS TV network a record $550,000 (£306,814) for pop star Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" in February.

The singer exposed her right breast during a dance routine with Justin Timberlake at this year's Super Bowl.

Now the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) has fined 20 CBS-owned TV stations the maximum penalty for indecency - $27,500 (£15,340) - each.

The fine is the largest ever levied against a US television broadcaster.

However, the agency's five commissioners decided not to fine CBS's affiliate stations - more than 200 in all - which also aired the show.

The breast-baring incident generated a record number of complaints - more than 500,000 - and CBS was quick to apologise.

Timberlake blamed the exposure on a "wardrobe malfunction", while Jackson said it had been an accident.

In March she told chat show host David Letterman a second piece of material had been in place to conceal her breast when Timberlake ripped off her bustier.

:eek

Are we still on this? seriously, who gives a toss. Surely there are more important thingd to be worrying about than some ropey old has-been showing the merest glimpse of flesh. Its absolutly baffiling.