Fan Clubs (beta)

Nintendo!

wyndorf

http://img330.imageshack.us/img330/4188/handsontherevolutioncontroller2.jpghttp://img330.imageshack.us/img330/3812/handsontherevolutioncontroller3.jpg

3D Pointing. Sensors understand up, down, left, right, forward and backward.

Tilt Sensitive. Controller can be rotated or rolled from side-to-side.

Buttons Included. Has a trigger on its backside, face buttons, and a D-Pad.

Multifunctional. Has an expansion port which can be used with different types of controller peripherals. Analog stick with two trigger buttons planned for left hand.

Wireless. Totally wire-free. Currently there are no details on the max distance, source or power, or otherwise.

Rumble Built-in. Included as a standard in all the controllers.

Loads more stuff on ign.com

Be sure to download the promo that's kicking about on ign too.

Nintendo kick ultimate ASS!!!

I think they're going along the lines of the various attachments on either end of the pad. You could pretty much turn it sideways as it is and play NES games.

The promo is what convinced me. Whilst there's no gameplay screens, it just blew me away. You pretty much see the people playing as if you were in the telly. Awesome awesome stuff. It really is worth downloading it.

Guest voice of reason

The analogue attachment comes with the thing, with both together it approximates a normal pad, but really, if you wanted to play games the same way you always did you'd just download the back catalogues and use a gc controller (two above, yes revo's online) or buy somehting else.

I expect something like a ds style scenario- this will definitely scare off the third parties, so the idea is less, more innovative titles. Whether it makes for a more inclusive experience, I'm not so sure, and I think most who buy a revolution will have another next gen console too. It'd better be cheap...

It's a total redesign for controllers.

I like the way you can remove the separate analog controller and use the smaller part for the older games.

Also would be truly leftie & rightie friendly as the analog controller can be held in either hand. :)

Certainly unusual, but it'd have to be played to see how it really feels in gameplay.

Guest aziraphale

My first thought when I saw the pic was: "Hmmm... Professor Plum, in the observatory with the Nintendo controller."

It doesn't look like it would be very comfortable, but I thought the same thing with the GC controller until I held it. Now it's my favorite design of the three current platforms.

We'll just have to see.

Edited by aziraphale

Feenix should really have mentioned that the pic of the controller combined with the remote pad, is just a mock up, made by ign. But, it IS based on Nintendo's description of a combined joypad. So, I'd imagine it's not far off, what they have planned.

EDIT: Nintendo. Clever buggers :worship

Edited by wyndorf