Fan Clubs (beta)

Favourite NBA Player

Guest Venture

patrick ewying

Care to elaborate? Oh and its spelt Ewing.

Anyway out of the current crop of players my favourite is Kevin Garnett of the Minnesota T-wolves. KG is a great player who always brings his best game to the court. He was instrumental in the T-wolves fairly successful season last year, and he has a great team around him.

But my favourite player of all time is without a doubt Michael Jordan. The best player that has ever graced a court, he had the ability to turn a game around by himself and yet still elevate his team with him. He won 6 NBA championships with the Bulls, and each one was thoroughly deserved not only by him, but by the whole team.

At the moment, even though I've always had a soft-spot for the Lakers, I'll go for Allen Iverson of the 76ers. I really appreciate the guy's skills, he's a helluva talented player.

All-time, definitely Magic Johnson. I got into NBA cos of this guy. He was just such a charismatic figure on and off court. His remarkable all-around basketball skills, combined with his infectious smile and enthusiasm, made him one of the best-known professional athletes of all-time. I remember seeing old footage (obviously before my time) of the 1980 NBA playoffs. After starting center Kareem Abdul-Jabbar went down with a knee injury, Johnson took over at center in the final game against the Philadelphia 76ers, scored 42 points, and was named most valuable player in the playoffs. Awesome.

He won five NBA championships altogether - 1980 (in his rookie year), 1982, 1985, 1987, and 1988. He was league MVP in 1987, 1989, and 1990. He won an NCAA championship with Michigan State. He led the league in assists per game four times, and he set a record for most career assists, since broken by John Stockton. Unlike most guards with high assist totals, however, Johnson was also a prolific scorer, four times averaging more than 20 points a game. He was also a first-team All-NBA performer nine years in a row, from 1983 through 1991, and won a gold medal at the 1992 Olympics as part of the "dream-team".

Really, all the stats in the world can't do this guy justice. Just dig up some tapes, take any chance you get to watch him in action. One of my absolute favourite sporting greats of all-time

Guest Dickie Hyde
Can't elaborate because I don't know enough about the NBA but I've always took a liking to Shaquille O' Neal who I believe used to play for the Lakers? Or does he still???

Can't elaborate because I don't know enough about the NBA but I've always took a liking to Shaquille O' Neal who I believe used to play for the Lakers? Or does he still???

Close, he now plays for the Miami Heat which came about due to a summer trade for three players.

Guest Pabster

My favourite player is Steve Nash. I was gutted this Summer as he moved to the Phoenix Suns. He was just my kind of player, pacey, movement wise - he was excellent and he could hit a 3 pointer from anywhere. He linked up so well with Dirk too.

My favourite players for the Mavericks at the moment are Finley and Big Dirk. They're just pure class.

• 10 years later...
Guest The Beltster

Holy 11 year old thread revival!

I have to agree though, KD is a beast! Westbrook too. I'd love to see either or both in an Orlando Magic uniform.