Fan Clubs Network

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

One Night Stand Discussion thread?

Guest Jimmy Redman

Guest Jimmy Redman

One Night Stand Discussion thread? **spoilers**

Isnt there a One Night Stand PPV Discussion thread? Why not?

If not, can I start one now? What did everyone think of the PPV?

Edited by Paul

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jimmy Redman
Awesome. Loved every minute of it. :)

A.C. is a box of fluffy ducks right now.

Same! Man it was brilliant! I was marking like a lil beeeyatch!

I assume its safe to post spoilers..?

Awsome Tanaka match of the night! They topped thier November 2 Remember match which is one of my personal favourites.

Benoit Eddie was very dissapointing and looked like they couldnt be bothered, fans werent into in either

So many moments I cant remember specifics but WWE definately didnt drop the ball with this one, and isnt it ironic that the appearance of the invaders which was supposed to increase ppv buys was the only negative aspect of the evening, although it did allow some delicious shooting

Guest MARTIN316V1

Im not even a massive ECW fan but i loved every second of this PPV! The production was actually pretty good and i enjoyed what they did, it wasnt as bad as the old ECW's but it wasnt a big fancy set, so i thought it worked really well. Match of the night for me was Awesome-Tanaka it was....well awesome! Also, great moment Dreamer going through that flaming table. The Invasion was kinda pointless as it just made the WWE guys look like losers.

Once again top PPV. Thank god ive got the live version recorded because not only will some of the stuff not make it onto the repeat, i think aload of stuff will also be edited off the official release.

And one question, how can they bleep out swearing when the show is live?

Guest Jimmy Redman

I loved it.

Jericho and Storm was a pretty good opener. At least Storm won his last match.

Yeah, didnt think much of Benoit/Eddie. Expected more. Eddie looked half asleep.

RVD's promo was good. He rambled on a bit, but it was great how they were all shooting on WWE. Heyman was fantastic. All the promo's were good. "Matt fricken Hardy!", "...because HHH didnt wanna work Tuesdays!" :worship

3 Way Dance was damned good. As was Rey Rey vs Psicosis. Great spots. The Psycho Guilliotine (sp?) was insane.

Tanaka and Awesome was fan-bloody-tastic! Excellent match. Was it just me, or did Awesome look very very similar to Bradshaw on purpose?

I jumped out of my chair when Sabu came! I couldnt believe it! Him and Rhyno was brilliant. He missed the chair with the end bit, but I didnt really care. Insane!

Sandman is an absolute legend. It was so mad how everybody was singing along to "Enter Sandman". And Tommy dreamer :worship The main event was absolute legend stuff. And the powerbomb-through-the-flaming-table!!! Freakin unreal. I didnt think they'd be allowed to do it. Dreamer hugging Beula (sp?) was cool. Kid Kash's dive was heaps mad.

I knew Stone Cold would come. I was thinking it would be disappointing, but it was alright. The whole Austin/Sandman/beer thing was cool. And the brawl was what everyone expected it to be, ECW kicking arse.

FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC show.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Once again top PPV. Thank god ive got the live version recorded because not only will some of the stuff not make it onto the repeat' date=' i think aload of stuff will also be edited off the official release.[/quote']

Same.

And one question' date=' how can they bleep out swearing when the show is live?[/quote']

They kinda know when they're going to swear, so they blurt it in anticipation. Some of the stuff people said was blurted by accident I think, coz it was assumed to be swearing.

Excellent show.

Lets hope the show got a high number of buys, so there is a chance Vince will bring ECW back.

I've literally gone from not being bothered abut ECW in any way, to wanting every PPV they ever did :lol

Maybe not that much, but I will definetly find some shows, that are worth watching.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
I thought it was great too.Once again my favourite match also was awesome v tanaka,some of awesomes bombs where brillant and the spalsh at the end.it was funny joey styles ripping the hell out of awesome.disappointed Raven wasnt there and Jerry Lynn.the last match was great too,and I also enjoyed the shoot promos they where great,overall I loved it.why where they booing Rey Mysterio so much??

Guest Anime Otaku

I didn't think they were booing Rey much apart from when he put Psicosis in a sleeper my personal MotY i'd gofor either the 3 way dance or the Tag Match. I just wish that the impact players were there as a team in a match rather than having Justin Credible interfere in Lance Storms match though i can see that was good booking having Storm vs Jericho.

the absolute highlights of the night though were actually the shoots for me though especially against edge.

Guest MARTIN316V1
They only booed Rey Mysterio when he did the 619 because it's a WWE move and he never did it in ECW.

Guest AfinShou

My feelings mirror you guys for the most part. I loved almost every bit of it. And of God the shoots. Joey, Paul, and RVD were on fire with all the backstage talkings.

One of my absolute favorite little moments of the night would have to be after the Tag Match. Dreamer is a bloody heap and Sandman is screaming for a beer as if it's gonna save Dreamer's life. Haha, that was too classic. Also, I'm happy they actually got to use Enter Sandman.

Guest The Beltster
They kinda know when they're going to swear' date=' so they blurt it in anticipation. Some of the stuff people said was blurted by accident I think, coz it was assumed to be swearing.[/quote']

No, they were on a 5 second delay, which basically means that although it was live, it was delayed by 5 seconds at the request of Vince to his satelitte uplink team, that way they could hear what was being said 5 seconds before it went over live on our TV's and could be ready to bleep out any harsh profanities.

Guest Jimmy Redman
No' date=' they were on a 5 second delay, which basically means that although it was live, it was delayed by 5 seconds at the request of Vince to his satelitte uplink team, that way they could hear what was being said 5 seconds before it went over live on our TV's and could be ready to bleep out any harsh profanities.[/quote']

yeah.............that ;)

I'm shocked as hell that they got away with half the stuff they said. Edge got crucified by the crowd, Styles and Heyman, and Bischoff was just embarrassed yet again. Still, despite a lot of poor matches, this was a great PPV and I have to hand it to the WWE, they did well. I can't believe they allowed such leeway but I'm glad they did.

Guest Jimmy Redman
I'm shocked as hell that they got away with half the stuff they said. Edge got crucified by the crowd' date=' Styles and Heyman, and Bischoff was just embarrassed yet again. Still, despite a lot of poor matches, this was a great PPV and I have to hand it to the WWE, they did well. I can't believe they allowed such leeway but I'm glad they did.[/quote']

I know what you mean...watching it I thought none of them would have jobs by the end of the night...

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
was anyone else very disapointed with the benoit v eddy g match??I thought it was awful

Guest The Crippler

I wouldn't say it was awful but it wasn't very good. The thing was that out of all the guys on the show, Benoit and Guerrero probably had least to prove on it.

Anyways, Paul Heyman is the man! His promo was absolutely brilliant (despite the "I've got two words for you" then saying three words). I particularly enjoyed his rant against JBL who I think has a good character but I can't stand as a person one bit.

Really great show I thought.

Guest Anime Otaku
But then you could say that he had to be given that kind of leeway as ECW was quite often sticking up 2 fingers to the WWF and WCW so that is what people expected with the invasion.