Fan Clubs (beta)

Open Club  ·  20 members  ·  Free

Harry Potter

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Guest MrFill

Last night we went to see the latest Harry Potter film in IMAX baby, and I have to say that it's the best Harry Potter film so far.

Well, the ending is a bit "meh", but the rest of the film REALLY makes up for it.

There are a few problems - the kids have TONS of "teen angst", but they're all far too "pretty" to be normal teenagers, and they must use magic to get rid of zits. :P

Oh, did I mention that we saw it in IMAX baby! :D

The effects are ASTOUNDING, the main actors are good, but like all other Harry films, the other kids tend to be rubbish actors. But it's always good to see British sitcom actors in a MAJOR film. :xyx

Not to mention that we saw it in IMAX baby! :D

If you're a fan of the Harry books or the Harry films, then this is a "must see", but if not, see the first 3 films first, and then see this one, or most of it will make no sense.

I'm big fan of the Potter books and films but no one wants to go to the cinema to see it with me! :( I may have to see if I can "borrow" a friend's child just so I don't look like a spanner going in on my own.

AC.......just watch our copy when you come on down at the weekend. ;)

TBH Emma Watson has come on in leaps and bounds as an actress, and Daniel Radcliff isnt exactly David Platt (Soap opera refereance, not football).

No, as a film I totally enjoyed this. 4/5 for me. :)

Guest MojoPogo
By far and away the best in the series so far, but because of the size of the book, a LOT is missing, which seems to have upset a few people, but you simply cannot translate a full book directly to film, it would be about six hours long for a start! I'd also give it 4/5!

AC.......just watch our copy when you come on down at the weekend. ;)

TBH Emma Watson has come on in leaps and bounds as an actress, and Daniel Radcliff isnt exactly David Platt (Soap opera refereance, not football).

Sweet. And Watson's the only one likely to become any kind of star out of the trio. The other two just aren't very good actors - although that doens't spoil my enjoyment of the films.

[edit]And I really hope the studio makes the decision to start splitting the books into two films each from now on. Double the revenue - you get the Summer and Christmas blockbuster spots, plus you include a lot more fromthe books so it gives a more satisying experience.

In all fairness I think she will go far. She seems to have a cult following on the interweb and as, lets be honest, she is a pretty girl, she will probably be a beutiful woman in a few years which will only help her.

Guest Kanenite
Yeh I seen it nearly 2 weeks ago. It was a brilliant film, definately the best so far. I never realised that the first film was so crap! It was probably because I was 10 at the time and enjoyed anything at all.

The problem with taking a kid to see the movie is the ending, it's pretty dark.

I know that the books get darker as time goes on, but it's the first one with this kind of ending.

And what's wrong with going to the cinema on your own? :P

As for splitting the films into 2, I'd rather have a 3 hour film than have it "stop" half way through.

With them missing stuff out, it's rather like the LotR films - they missed out TONS from the books, but the films are still raved about.

Maybe they should do a version like the LotR films - an "extended" version which has all of the extra stuff in it. :D

I still hold out hope for quality series of all these great fantasy sagas before I'm dead. The BBC in charge of production in partnership with US executive production (I.e.: money) and technological know making 12- 24-part TV series of the books... *drool*

Guest Dazoggsta
I still hold out hope for quality series of all these great fantasy sagas before I'm dead. The BBC in charge of production in partnership with US executive production (I.e.: money) and technological know making 12- 24-part TV series of the books... *drool*

That would be cool. I loved the film, they are definately getting better as a series, thought the dragons and other animated bits looked really good, i jumped so much it was stupid.:lol

In all fairness I think she will go far. She seems to have a cult following on the interweb and as' date=' lets be honest, she is a pretty girl, she will probably be a beutiful woman in a few years which will only help her.[/quote']

Oh yeah, for sure. If I were to become a paedophile, I'd start with her.

But I'm gonna watch the film tonight anyway, and hopefully enjoy it. I've loved the first three so I have high hopes :)

Oh yeah' date=' for sure. If I were to become a paedophile, I'd start with her.[/quote']

She's 16 in April, so you'd not have long to wait for her to be legal. :P

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
hmmmmm, I went to see it last Friday although I thought it was good I thought the ending was absolute rubbish, I actually thought the 3rd one was better.

Guest The B-Man
Good film I thought as MrFill said ending was totally "meh" but he didn't mention how damn funny Rons brothers are, they rule!

Guest Jimmy Redman

I thought it was great, definitely the best one yet. Although I really dont like how they all have to have long hair. And the kids were all too EMO. Great film but.

I am in love with Cho Chang :wub

I didnt like this movie that much. I was a fan of the books and the movie left out TONS of things. I thought Fleur Delacour was supposed to be alot hotter than the girl in the movie to.

I thought Fleur Delacour was supposed to be alot hotter than the girl in the movie to.

Come on, she was VERY cute.

Then again, Hermione was meant to have bigger teeth in the previous books/films, but they missed that bit out.

Saw it last weekeen, pretty good movie. IMO the best so far, I gotta disagree with Jimmy, I think it's more cooler for all of them to have long hair.:D

BTW Krum says like 2 lines in the entire movie and I also find funny the way he talks.:P