Nintendo

Nintendo Revolution rumoured pricing

Guest MrFill

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MojoPogo
I'll be getting all three! But that controller is a total doozy! Imagine soul calibur, two player, played with that? Ok, you'd look like a complete douche, but what fun!

Guest Anime Otaku
actually ther is also a clip on cover that makes the revolution controller look like a normal one. Chances are the likes of soul calibur would use that if they went back to multiformat as SC3 is PS2 only.

That's why your average 11-18 year old will buy a PS3 purely because their mates have rather than looking at gameplay.

Is there anything wrong with that? When it came to buying next generation consoles in Winter...2000 (I think), most of my friends, or at least the ones I'm closest to who I'd go to their house and end up playing a console, decided to come to an agreement to all get the same system so that we could get the most from it. It allowed us to swap games, trade memory card saves, take extra controllers round to other people's houses and allowed everyone to be on a level playing field when it came to playing against each other. We all agreed to get PS2s for the 3rd party support, the ability to play DVDs when it wasn't the norm and the fact that while people had differing opinions about the Dreamcast or N64, the majority of people seemed happy to play Playstation games.

The only games that I tend to play are the PES, Smackdown!, GTA and NBA games. I could very well have decided to buy an X Box for Halo or a Gamecube for some Mario games. But the PS2 at the time supported the games that I wanted to play the most, and I think our agreement to buy the same console was a very wise move.

Just like not all Gamecube owners are 7 years old, not all Playstation owners are sheep. This thread is verging on entering GameFAQs fanboy territory where people will defend the console they have and crap on everything else. I can see the pros and cons of all systems, and I still think I made the best decision I could have in 2000 to get a PS2, and I don't see how my judgment will differ when it comes to getting a PS3. More support for the games I want to play on a console which I can get the most from by swapping titles with my friends. If that makes me a sheep, so be it. Baaaa.

Guest Christof
So? Surely game play is more important than the football game for example being FIFA branded. If it was all about being well known then Wrestlemania 21 on the XBOX wouldn't suck. I refuse to believe that not being "known" stops a game from being good.

Yeah, you need to have a well known game, let's think about when the Xbox first came out, like Halo, that was... oh, wait, it was a brand new game...

What about Splinter Cell... oh, wait, it was a brand new game too...

Not everybody wants to play the same game over and over and over again - I like refreshing new games, something that makes me go "wow", rather than "just another GTA game" or "another FIFA game", etc.

Guest Anime Otaku
I think what they need is a mix like a Mario game or maybe Pilotwings or Monkeyball as that could use the new controller in interesting ways but also some new games especially with the new controller. The better new stuff at least to start with would probably be from nintendo initially though.