Fan Clubs (beta)

The NBA Thread

Guest Alan

Belty, you were right, Jimmy was on about Andrew Bogut, i remember her mentioning him around draft time.

What can i say about the Magic the other night? The T-Wolves may not be the greatest team in the league, but they can still make some noise. But Orlando silenced them, twice! I was amazed at how the Magic squandered that lead, but they showed great tenacity and strength as they came back to still blowout the T-Wolves! One good thing about Minnesota though, Wally Szczerbiak is really coming out as a great player, he took charge at times last season and this year he has really shown his stuff. He'll be a star, or if not then he'll be a player that teams can depend on to score.

Belty, you were right, Jimmy was on about Andrew Bogut, i remember her mentioning him around draft time.

What can i say about the Magic the other night? The T-Wolves may not be the greatest team in the league, but they can still make some noise. But Orlando silenced them, twice! I was amazed at how the Magic squandered that lead, but they showed great tenacity and strength as they came back to still blowout the T-Wolves! One good thing about Minnesota though, Wally Szczerbiak is really coming out as a great player, he took charge at times last season and this year he has really shown his stuff. He'll be a star, or if not then he'll be a player that teams can depend on to score.

He's been a silent assassin for the last couple of years, but now since no one else is there he is getting major props for his scoring abilities since he has to score now.

If he could dunk and play solid defense he would be a star, as for now he is just like Michael Redd, an offensive enigma.

He's been a silent assassin for the last couple of years, but now since no one else is there he is getting major props for his scoring abilities since he has to score now.

If he could dunk and play solid defense he would be a star, as for now he is just like Michael Redd, an offensive enigma.

Oh definitely, he is a great asset to the T-Wolves, even more so now that Cassell has left and Garnett is nowhere near the player he used to be in his MVP seasons. Its guys like Szczerbiak and Redd that do a lot of work, but either get stuck behind bigger stars (in wally's case Cassell, Sprewell and Garnett) or get stuck in what can only be described as a mid-level team like the Bucks. There is a few guys like that in the league, but they dont get the respect they deserve from fans, as many are too obsessed with the main stars.

Guest Jimmy Redman
Belty' date=' you were right, Jimmy was on about Andrew Bogut, i remember her mentioning him around draft time. [/quote']

Oops. Yes, Andrew Bogut. Where in Gods name did I get Clint from? I think its because the singer for a local band called the Butterfly Effect is called Clint Boge. ANYWAY, sorry about that.

Oh definitely' date=' he is a great asset to the T-Wolves, even more so now that Cassell has left and Garnett is nowhere near the player he used to be in his MVP seasons. Its guys like Szczerbiak and Redd that do a lot of work, but either get stuck behind bigger stars (in wally's case Cassell, Sprewell and Garnett) or get stuck in what can only be described as a mid-level team like the Bucks. There is a few guys like that in the league, but they dont get the respect they deserve from fans, as many are too obsessed with the main stars.[/quote']

Ginobli used to be one until Duncan got hurt last year.

I'd agree with you there on Ginobili, with Duncan injured last season he was thrust more into the limelight in San Antonio. And the great thing is that he handled it superbly, he was the star of that team, and even when Duncan came back he was putting in performances that dwarfed the big guy. I was all for Ginobili being named Finals MVP, i am a big fan of the guy, i think he has amazing talent and is one of the best guys around on the court.

Guest The Beltster

Rumour has it Penny Hardaway would like to return to Orlando and finish up his career there. Problem is, Penny is washed up, he isnt worth anything anymore, and he is still making $15 million + per season with the Knicks. Severe knee injuries over and over have cost him his jumping ability and, really, barring a half decent season in Phoenix, he hasnt been anything decent since splitting from the Magic in 1999.

Add to all this the fact that the recently returned coach Hill was fired in 1997 due to a mutiny lead by Hardaway, and I just cant see him donning the Magic pinstripes in the future.