Fan Clubs

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

**** Official WWE Great American Bash 2006 Discussion Thread ****

Guest Rog

Guest DarkMatchJobber
Khali would be better served in the Tyson Tomko role of bodyguard with occasional interference.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you honestly think henry has been on good form lately???

this guy is useless and the sooner sexual choclate goes back to the mid card the better off smackdown will be

:devil

Guest Ro_y Disco

Compared to previous years GABs, this like a pretty solid card. Sure, some of the matches may only be passable, but it soesn't look too bad really.

Rey Mysterio vs. King Booker should be quite a cool match. A Rey Mysterio match is kind of like an episode of Friends for me. You think "oh God, not another" but then you watch it, you forget how good it can be. I expect Rey to retain, but it'll be darn close.

I'm hoping Batista vs. Mark Henry will be a mostly one-sided brawl on the behalf of Batista. Should be passable and Batista will win.

Undertaker vs. Khali. I really doubt this will be what everone is claiming it to be. Hopefully it'll be violent, but a barbed wire cage?? I doubt! It's pretty hard for a wrestler to screw up a heavily gimmicked match, so this one shouldn't be too bad.

Bobby Lashley V William Regal V Finlay should be match of the night. I'm hoping this one will suprass Benoit/Finlay. I really like Lashley, even if he is a bit green and I think he'll positively add to this match.

If Supercrazy V Psiciosis happens then it should be a good cruiser match.

If it is announced, London and Kendrick V Pitbulls should be a good little tag match.

Overall, a pretty diverse show. Cruiser, technical, brawling and hardcore wrestling should all be on the show.

Guest Sazzle
i don't know if it is a barbed wire cage i'm just going by what i read :) a barbed wire cage is more of a mick foley thing :P but it will be interesting to finally find out what the match really is about

Guest The Phenom Billz
do you honestly think henry has been on good form lately???

this guy is useless and the sooner sexual choclate goes back to the mid card the better off smackdown will be

If you are watchin smackdown properly you can easy see the destruction makr henry has been causing. If he was useless why does batista see him as such a threat that he called him out straight away? Before this week's smackdown mark henry was putting bodies away for fun. at the moment i cant see mark henry going back to being a mid carder and he'l probably finish his career on smackdown on a high as out of the 10 year contact he has been on this is the highest he has ever been pushed i wouldn't rule out a reign as world champion even if its a small one.

Guest Dave7g
i don't know if it is a barbed wire cage i'm just going by what i read :) a barbed wire cage is more of a mick foley thing :P but it will be interesting to finally find out what the match really is about

You seem obsessed with this Punjabi Prison Match, I really wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you, look at whos involved.

Guest Sazzle
You seem obsessed with this Punjabi Prison Match' date=' I really wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you, look at whos involved.[/quote']

wow didn't realise i seemed obsessed i think i will shut up about it now :P

sorry ...

Guest Sazzle
I think the Punjabi Prison match is just a fancy way of saying bodybag match.

Shh! i'm trying not to talk about it now :P

Guest The Franchise
I think it is a good card overall and possibly the best bash ppv for years !

I am curious as to what the punjabi prison match is and think it may be a variation of a boiler room brawl and we know the deadman is not inexperienced in that environment so I think this match might surpass expectations.

London and Kendrick are a great pairing and I hope they get a decent time limit to showcase their skills.

Watching that PPV would be like watching flies mate on the Discovery channel.Boring as hell!!!! Back in the good ole days(NWA/WCW days) the title"Great American Bash" meant something to professional wrestling. Now? Its a joke! If The Bash was the best of Raw and Smackdown combined on a PPV then you may have something. Other than that nothing on that card is truly worth anybody paying a ticket for IMO. :devil

Guest Ro_y Disco
If you are watchin smackdown properly you can easy see the destruction makr henry has been causing. If he was useless why does batista see him as such a threat that he called him out straight away? Before this week's smackdown mark henry was putting bodies away for fun

You do understand that's all a work don't you? It's not real. Just because he has injured people in a stroyline, doesn't make him a good wrestler. Even if he had ligitamately injured anyone, it doesn't change anything.

Mark henry is a fairly poor wrestler, with his size being the only good thing going for him. He has improved in-ring recently, but he's still pretty poor.

Guest The Franchise
If you are watchin smackdown properly you can easy see the destruction makr henry has been causing. If he was useless why does batista see him as such a threat that he called him out straight away? Before this week's smackdown mark henry was putting bodies away for fun. at the moment i cant see mark henry going back to being a mid carder and he'l probably finish his career on smackdown on a high as out of the 10 year contact he has been on this is the highest he has ever been pushed i wouldn't rule out a reign as world champion even if its a small one.

If Mark Henry is all that let him fight The Great Khali then. Then we'll see if his path of destruction will continue after that.:D

You do understand that's all a work don't you? It's not real. Just because he has injured people in a stroyline, doesn't make him a good wrestler. Even if he had ligitamately injured anyone, it doesn't change anything.

Mark henry is a fairly poor wrestler, with his size being the only good thing going for him. He has improved in-ring recently, but he's still pretty poor.

Whether he knows it's a work or not doesn't seem to matter. Henry is being booked as a destructive monster and people are buying it. At least it seems he's getting over with some of WWE's audience. Of course us smarks will never learn to respect him. :thumbsup

Guest The Phenom Billz
Whether he knows it's a work or not doesn't seem to matter. Henry is being booked as a destructive monster and people are buying it. At least it seems he's getting over with some of WWE's audience. Of course us smarks will never learn to respect him. :thumbsup

Exactly Thanks Cott thats what i meant i know its a work and not 'real' doesn't take a genius to know that he's booked well and is being used well at the moment so keeping him in the main event is the best for now. Im buying it he is a destructive heel and his new gimmick suits him. Its been better than what he was in the past 'sexual chocolate':roll

If Mark Henry is all that let him fight The Great Khali then. Then we'll see if his path of destruction will continue after that.:D

lol Im sure Henry can take Khali that i would love to see Khali's booking is a waste he's boring in the ring and doesn't work a good match. Infact i don't think i have seen anyone take him off his feet yet closest was taker. It's just a matter of time before Khali gets buried once and for all.

Edited by Paul

Guest Kanenite

I think someone asked in the Ask TWO thread what a Punjabi Prison match was so check there.

For me the card looks pretty interesting. It's a big improvement in matches on the 2 previous bashes which were terrible. The World Title match should be good and the same with the Us Title match hopefully. I really want to see this Punjabi Prison now as it could be an ok match especially with it being a stipulation, maybe a bloodfest. If they add Crazy vs Psicosis that should be an awesome match, so far looks to be decent on the match listings.

world champ!!

please tell me that was a joke:eek

Guest The Phenom Billz
world champ!!

please tell me that was a joke:eek

No it wasn't King hes booked as a destructive heel and you gotta admit he plays the part well. As i said he could of been world champ but now batista is back and it doesn't seem likely now as King Booker has also entered the main event scene.

Guest Danny Styles
this is like victory road, it doesn't look anything special, it's a bad month for wrestling PPVs