Which Mario Kart do you prefer?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mario Kart do you prefer?

• Super Nintendo (SNES)
    • Nintendo 64 (N64)
    • Game Boy advance (GBA)
    • Gamecube (GC)
    • Nintendo DS (DS)

I was shocked to read in another game thread someone who thought the gamecube version of Mario kart was good, each to his/her own of course but in my view this was a poor version of the game. This got me thinking about which version is the favourite , and if someone anywhere liked the N64 version the best.

My personal Favourite is the latest version Mario kart DS, this has going for it the fact you can play it on the tiolet :), it has online play "cheer",has perfected the powerslide technique and also includes some of the all time classic course's as bonus tracks.

Which is yours?

Guest Chriscare
The Snes one was excellent in it's day, but it doesn't really have anything over the GC or DS versions, as they've both managed to capture the great gameplay but add great graphics to it aswell

Guest MrFill

I love the DS version - having the double screen helps loads, plus online and wireless play.

I actually like the GC version if there are 4 people - the switch is kind of fun because of the variety of weapons/styles you can get.

Apart from that, the SNES one was the first one I played, but the DS version is still incredible.

Mario Kart 64. It's a close run thing between that and the original, but MK64 first introduced the enigma that is; Wario Stadium, which has more bumps and curves than Angelina Jolie riding a horse with her twin sister.

Guest MojoPogo
What a mental image...

Of the game, I mean.

:)

Inno, the Jerry Lawler of TWO! (in the whole breast fixation thing anyway!):P

Guest MojoPogo
N64 for me I love that game and Diddy Kong Racing. Blast Corps made my head explode though

But DAMN was that a great game! Well remembered mate. Was an overlooked classic that game!:xyx

But DAMN was that a great game! Well remembered mate. Was an overlooked classic that game!:xyx

Thanks, Blast Corps was one of the most difficult games I have ever played and the stress level that went with it blew my mind, from trying to stop a nuclear bomb exploding in streets to the voice saying "Gotta Keep Moving."

I got all Gold Medals on that but gave up when it asked me to get Platinum, damn it was hard.

Guest big pau hoolinator
Its a toss up between N64 and DS for me...probably DS for the online play but if they improve the online play with a sequel that will win hands down

For me it is Double Dash as the SNES version was too easy in the end and the 64 one going back is a bit pants (plus I cleared it with one hand when I broke my wrist.)

The GC version though is really hard but just hard enough so that you WILL come back for more. The fact that you win new carts for your efforts as well and you can be tactical in your choice of driver due to karts and weapons PLUS the tag team aspect is really cool.

Edited by Evil Gringo