Update On The New Batman Film

Paul

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Evil Monkey
Yahoo have stated that this is the case. They have also said the Shia Lebouf will be playing Robin and Rachel Weisz will be playing Catwoman. Make of it what you will.

Yahoo have stated that this is the case. They have also said the Shia Lebouf will be playing Robin and Rachel Weisz will be playing Catwoman. Make of it what you will.
The Daily Star (I know, integrity be damned) has a small story on this as well. The only difference with theirs is that Weisz may be playing Catwoman.

It is well known that Nolan is hugely opposed to the character of Robin, but with the mooted "Smallville-a-like" TV show for The Boy Wonder in the works, they may want him to feature in a huge film first.

Everywhere I've been on (Total Film, Empire, Aintitcool.com, Hollywood Insider, etc) confirms the Eddie Murphy role (which has the potential to be awesome), but not the others.

WENN have reported the story on Robin and Catwoman, although Nolan has said in the past he will not have Robin in any movie he directs. There was, however, a knowing nod to Catwoman in the previous movie (similar to how the playing card at the end of 'Batman Begins' was a knowing nod to The Joker).

Another interesting press-release is the news that Warner Bros. announced Eddie Cibrian (picture below) as being the main villain in the next film, although they haven't said which role he will portray.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x165/dravencage/CIBRIAN.jpg

It is well known that Nolan is hugely opposed to the character of Robin, but with the mooted "Smallville-a-like" TV show for The Boy Wonder in the works, they may want him to feature in a huge film first.

"The Graysons" got scrapped back at the start of november.

Alan Horn Clears Up Dark Knight Sequel Rumors

Source:Collider.com December 18, 2008

With all the rumors swirling around the internet about possible casting for Warner Bros.' sequel to the record-breaking box office blockbuster The Dark Knight--absolutely none of them true as yet--Collider had a chance to talk briefly with Alan Horn, the President of Warner Bros., and probably the one man who would know more than anyone else about anything going on with this highly-anticipated project.

He got straight to the point when asked about progress on the sequel: "We've been talking to Chris Nolan and what we have to do is get him in the right place and have him tell us what he thinks the notion might be for a great story, but Chris did a great job and we'd love to have him come back and do another one."

As far as the timing of the project, he went onto say: "The story is everything and we are very respectful of Chris. We have a wonderful relationship with him and we are going to be respectful of his timing and we want to get it right. Also, I think the fans expect that – they want us to make a terrific movie – we have to give them another great movie."

In the interview, Horn also expressed interest in bringing back Superman and confirmed that they're very close to rolling on a movie starring DC's other power player, Green Lantern. (In fact, earlier this week Dark Horizons reported that Australia was vying for the latter project, but nothing has been confirmed as far as a start date.)

Credit: SuperheroHype.com

Guest Nemesis Enforcer

Hmm not sure on Eddie Murphy as Riddler if he does indeed get the role, not because he is black but he doesn't strike me as being able to pull of a convincing Riddler esspecially these days

The Robin stuff will be interesting as like said Nolan has said he will never have a Robin in his moive, although if Warner threw money at him i'd guarentee he'd cave in on that

Guest Sparrow
Shia Lebouf in the next batman film is a win for me, I love Lebouf in anything he does really, and him playing Robin is just gonna be awesome for me personally.

Depp as The f'n Riddler. That's what I want and nowone else. Screw Eddie.

I freaking hate Robin but knowing how Shia is such a **** off-screen then I guess he'd fit the role perfectly.

Interesting that Warner Bros. would deny any of the casting rumours when they've issued a press-release confirming Eddie Cibrian would be in the movie in an unknown role.

I couldnt find it anywhere I looked, where did you read it fella?

I couldnt find it anywhere I looked, where did you read it fella?
I emailed Harry Knowles and Flint over at AICN before I left for work today. Flint got back to me and said that the press-release was a cleverly worked hoax, not to believe it and that all references to it have been removed udner orders of Warner Bros. So, I guess it's not true after all.

They've also got a massive rant ont he site that basically kills all of the above rumours as well...

Bullshit BATMAN rumors that are being generated solely for the purpose of traffic!

Hey folks, Harry here... I'm being inundated with bullshit rumors from sites that are just attempting to pad their numbers with created and made up rumors that would cause spikes in traffic because they surround a new BATMAN film.

There is not one shred of reality in any of these rumors.

The latest batch has Eddie Murphy as THE RIDDLER and Rachel Weisz as Catwoman and apparently Shia LaBeouf as someone.

If ANY OF YOU believe any of this bullshit, you have found some crazy awesome drugs and I would like to have some of what you're having.

Here's the latest facts on a sequel to DARK KNIGHT...

No talent has a finished contract yet. Specifically, Chris Nolan doesn't have a deal. The word I'm having is that Chris would like to do another project before leaping back into BATMAN - if he decides to do another. We're hearing he may very well do THE PRISONER next - which would mean... no valid BATMAN rumors until much later.

There is no story treatment on anybody's desk at Warners. No accepted pitches. No talent beyond Chris Nolan has been approached. Now... would Warners like to be immediately in development on the new caped crusader film with Bale and Nolan? You betcha, but that's why they're giving Nolan the room he needs to come back to the cowl.

Personally - I'd like Nolan to jettison Bale and make DARK KNIGHT RETURNS and close out his tenure on BATMAN. Starting the next one... 30 years later - a grizzled roughed up and quasi-Fascist BATMAN and a near police state Gotham... I'd just love. and I'd love to have Mickey Rourke play Bats in it.

BUT YOU SEE WHAT I JUST DID. I just made some bullshit up. Some stuff I would just love to have happen. BUT IT HAS NO BASIS IN REALITY.

Now in the Talkback below - see if you can make up better BATMAN 3 rumors than the folks at E!, SUN and countless other bullshit sites that are just desperate for hits.

BUT whatever you do. PLEASE STOP SENDING US THESE LINKS TO BULLSHIT BATMAN RUMORS - It really is getting ridiculous.

It appears that even the "Eddie Murphy is The Riddler confirmed casting" is a big pile of crap.