Fan Clubs (beta)

NBA Season 2007/08

Guest The Beltster

Guest The Beltster

I doubt many people care but still, lets see.

The new NBA season starts the end of this month, currently the pre-season is under way and as a HUGE Orlando Magic fan, I'm really excited about their prospects this coming year.

New coach and several new players (including $118 million signing Rashard Lewis) have me chomping at the bit for the season to get under way.

So far in the pre-season after dropping their first game, Orlando have steamrolled everybody else, including last years Eastern Conference Finals champions Cleveland with King James.

Is anybody else here keeping up with the NBA?

Guest carlito is cool
More of an NHL and NFL fan personally but do enjoy basketball although i don't follow it closely. A mate of mine was actually at the Palace of Auburn Hills for the Pacers vs Pistons game when Ron Arteste turned into Mike Tyson and all hell broke loose.

was at the NBA at the o2 last week and the Celtics looked ok. Ray Allen and Garnett are good players and they have Paul Pierece as well.

always enjoyed the NBA games, but have fell out of touch with the goings on. Obivously keep an eye out for Mehmet Okur and Hedo Turkoglu being Turks in the NBA!

Okur sucks monkey balls but Torkoglu can be good when he's on fire. Anywhoo, I really don't have a favourite team per say, I just have favourite players and I root for the team they play in. For example:

Carlos Arroyo - Orlando Magic

Jose Juan Barea - Dallas Mavericks

Allen Iverson - Denver Nuggets

Guest The Beltster
was at the NBA at the o2 last week and the Celtics looked ok. Ray Allen and Garnett are good players and they have Paul Pierece as well.

always enjoyed the NBA games, but have fell out of touch with the goings on. Obivously keep an eye out for Mehmet Okur and Hedo Turkoglu being Turks in the NBA!

Turk is one of my favourite players, he plays for the Magic! Awesome 3 point marksman, he seems to be having a great pre-season.

I was going to go to the O2 to see the Celtics vs Wolves but never got round to it. Hopefully the NBA will come back later in the year.

Guest The Genetic Jackhammer
What is Penny Hardaway up to these days Beltmark? I used to be a huge Orlando Magic fan myself and still look out for their results and he was always my favourite player.

Guest The Beltster
What is Penny Hardaway up to these days Beltmark? I used to be a huge Orlando Magic fan myself and still look out for their results and he was always my favourite player.
After leaving Orlando in 1999, Penny went on to Phoenix and had a couple more decent seasons, but then his knee's became chronic, he was traded to New York where he languished on the bench, totally unable to play due to his legs.

He was traded back to Orlando in 2005 and immediately released (he was only taken back by the Magic because his contract was up and it gave them more cap space), he never even flew back into Orlando and retired.

Last month, after 2 years out of the league, he signed as a free agent with Miami, re-joining Shaq. His legs seem better, but he is old now, hasnt played in two years and isnt even a shadow of his former self.

Shame really, in 1995 and 1996, Penny and Shaq at Orlando were the hottest thing going. How, 11-12 years later, they are back together, in Florida, one is fat and lazy and the other completely knackered.

The Knicks don't suck, well, that hard anymore :(

Had a pretty good playoff push last season.

The Bulls are definitley one of the best teams in the East. Captain Kirk Hienrich is the most underrated player in the NBA. Two post-seasons in a row he did a marvelous job of defending Dwayne Wade as well as being a complete point card, scoring and passing, on the other end.

Guest The Beltster
i got to see Lebron James in March for Cleveland against the Knicks and he seemed a good player. Is Chris Webber still knocking about?
Labron is a very good player, lead his mediocre Cavaliers to the NBA Finals this past June.

Chris Webber plays for Detroit, but his best years are behind him. He can be effective at times, though, I think he averages over 10 PPG still.