Fan Clubs | beta

Grand Theft Auto IV Discussion

Fidel Cashflow

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
TBH I haven't played it for about a week either, just seem to have lost some interest in it, will have to put it on and see if my interest is rekindled before I get MGS

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the hours I was working over the last few weeks, I wasn't able to play the game during the week, but that will change from this coming week, so things will pick up again.

Guest Black Knight
I picked the game up a week ago, and I have to admit, I've played it for a total of maybe 20 minutes. I am extremely disappointed with it so far, but I guess I haven't given it a fair chance yet.

Guest Marshall Mac D
I picked the game up a week ago, and I have to admit, I've played it for a total of maybe 20 minutes. I am extremely disappointed with it so far, but I guess I haven't given it a fair chance yet.

Oh the game is probably one of the best ever created so realistic its nearly unbelievable but come the realism goes the Fun i miss the days when you would run around with gattling gun fly a jet pack and well basically go crazy aroune the citys but gta 4 doesnt have that.

But thats why im waiting for saints row 2 as from the trailers its looks liked it picked up the old gta style

See what i mean ?

Edited by Marshall Mac D

Guest Dave7g
It looks a bit Ps2 for my liking, once you go GTAIV, I don't think that style will ever be good enough again. We shall see though.

Oh the game is probably one of the best ever created so realistic its nearly unbelievable but come the realism goes the Fun i miss the days when you would run around with gattling gun fly a jet pack and well basically go crazy aroune the citys but gta 4 doesnt have that.

But thats why im waiting for saints row 2 as from the trailers its looks liked it picked up the old gta style

See what i mean ?

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=hRC77nTYHlE&feature=related

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=bUyM18YWHEQ&feature=related

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnta2xdt3Y&NR=1

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=xW4vqch_LYg&feature=related

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=-UcR5ksws2Q&feature=related

Edited by The Icon

I loved that mission... and there are a few similar ones that follow on from that.

At the moment, I am on the last mission, but I keep slipping up just as I approach the jetty. It's getting annoying.

Guest Dave7g

I got the "Let sleeping Rockstars Die" achievement earlier. How do you get that you may ask? Well I killed one of the Rockstar developers in a deathmatch of course!

Hell yeah!

Guest Black Knight

MGS4 beat Grand Theft Auto: IV at sales in UK!

psxextreme.com

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots sales record in the U.S have yet to be seen but it topped some records in the U.K. MGS4 has beat Grand Theft Auto: IV at sales. That's right GTA: IV the game with the colossal fanbase was beaten by MGS4!

We have yet to see the official NPD numbers for the Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots launch for the US, but Chart Track has revealed their weekly software sales findings for the UK... and not surprisingly, Konami's masterpiece sits firmly at the top of the charts.

It beat out LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (#2) and Grand Theft Auto IV (#3), and on top of it all, MGS4 became the second-fastest selling PS3 game in the UK. It just barely topped Gran Turismo 5: Prologue by about 2,000 units according to VideoGamer.com, and if that's the case, this means MGS4 sold about 125,000 total copies. However, while it beat out MGS3 by 24,000 units, it still fell shy of MGS2 by 14,000.

Hideo Kojima was recently inducted into the gaming version of the Guinness World Records for having the "best selling stealth video game in history," and that was MGS2. But this is only the UK region; all in all, there is a distinct possibility that MGS4 could top the second installment in the critically acclaimed series.

Guest Dave7g

GTA has been out for nearly 7 weeks now. That's like saying Kanye West has outsold the Beatles........

In this weeks charts.

Guest Chriscare
In all fairness GTA4 shouldn't be hard to beat. It should be embarassing for top games not to beat it as a lot of the games market aren't old enough to own it.

I got the "Let sleeping Rockstars Die" achievement earlier. How do you get that you may ask? Well I killed one of the Rockstar developers in a deathmatch of course!

Hell yeah!

Same here, they must like playing online. (and must be crap ha ha if we can kill them.)

Guest Dave7g
Same here, they must like playing online. (and must be crap ha ha if we can kill them.)

I was gutted to find out it's a viral achievement, ie. if you kill someone who has killed someone who has killed someone that killed the rockstar, you get it.

If you're up for some online GTA invite me next time you see me online. I'm surprised that there are so few of us that are playing, it's so much fun.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Wend back to playing this yesterday and its amazing that after just a week or two away I had forgotten how most of the controles worked :(

• 7 months later...
Guest SuperKick Kid

Any 360 owners who own the game excited about the new DLC that is coming out called GTA IV: The Lost and Damned?

I am really looking forward to that and I am also looking forward to the second DLC as well.

Anyone who hasn't seen the trailer for The Lost and Damned can see it here:

http://www.rockstargames.com/thelostanddamned/index2.html

Edited by SuperKick Kid