Fan Clubs Network

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

WWE One Night Stand 2008 Discussion Thread- June 1 from San Diego, CA (#4)

TPIB

I like it when women or tag teams or any other division who would normally only get on PPV for thier respective divisions belts, get to have a feud of thier own.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are only two things that I think the card is missing- Matt Hardy defending the United States Title and Chris Jericho defending the Intercontinental Title. Since the card is rather "RAW heavy", I would like to see Matt defend his U.S. Title. Preferably against MVP. As for the type of match it should be- I don't think a Ladder Match would make sense with the TLC Match already booked. I would say a nice Street Fight would work. It's a moot point, but it would've been nice.

Guest Jayfunk
There are only two things that I think the card is missing- Matt Hardy defending the United States Title and Chris Jericho defending the Intercontinental Title. Since the card is rather "RAW heavy", I would like to see Matt defend his U.S. Title. Preferably against MVP. As for the type of match it should be- I don't think a Ladder Match would make sense with the TLC Match already booked. I would say a nice Street Fight would work. It's a moot point, but it would've been nice.

two points one this

1) the ppvs are always raw heavy

2) if you were to add both a MVP match (smackdown) and a Jechico match (RAW) it would cancel out the effect

Guest Jung

I'd have liked to see Matt/MVP in a gimmick match, their feud deserved a blow-off gimmick match, like a Steel Cage or something but well Orton/HHH did that last month, thus maybe chain match or something?

Ah well nevermind.

Guest Black Knight

My predictions for One Night Stand:

WWE Championship: Last Man Standing Match:

Triple H © Vs. Randy Orton

World Heavyweight Championship: TLC Match:

Edge Vs. The Undertaker (Must Win To Remain In The WWE)

#1 Contender's 5-Way Singapore Cane Match:

Big Show Vs. CM Punk Vs. Chavo Guerrero Vs. John Morrison Vs. Tommy Dreamer

Stretcher Match:

Batista Vs. Shawn Michaels

First Blood Match:

JBL Vs. John Cena

Falls Count Anywhere Match:

Jeff Hardy Vs. Umaga

First Ever Divas "I Quit" Match:

Beth Phoenix Vs. Melina

Guest Danny Styles

WWE Championship: Last Man Standing Match:

Triple H © Vs. Randy Orton

really???? personally i think there's no chance HHH wants to drop the belt this soon into his reign

Guest Black Knight
really???? personally i think there's no chance HHH wants to drop the belt this soon into his reign

I like Triple H alot and I don't want him to lose the belt but One Night Stand is Randy Orton's day. Despite the Night Of Champions Poster.

Guest Jayfunk

they is more chance i will walking into the WWE and beat the taker than HHH dropping the belt at ons

Yeah, can't see Triple H losing the belt just yet. They'll probably end up doing him against Cena at Summerslam.

For no other reason than to show you how bad I am at predicting PPV outcomes:

Triple H

Undertaker

CM Punk

Batista

JBL

Jeff Hardy

Beth Phoenix

Choose the opposite of each one of those and it'll probably end up being the correct outcome.

Guest Jung
I think Big Show will win the 5-way. WWE love those big man v big man contests. Shame nobody else really does.

Guest Black Knight
Yeah, can't see Triple H losing the belt just yet. They'll probably end up doing him against Cena at Summerslam.

For no other reason than to show you how bad I am at predicting PPV outcomes:

Triple H

Undertaker

CM Punk

Batista

JBL

Jeff Hardy

Beth Phoenix

Choose the opposite of each one of those and it'll probably end up being the correct outcome.

I don't think Cm Punk will win at One Night Stand. I don't really have no specific reasons but the wwe not pushing him like he suppose to be push. So it is expected for him to lose a couple of matches in the next couple of weeks.

Guest Rebekah

Randy Orton

Undertaker

CM Punk

Shawn Michaels

John Cena

Jeff Hardy

Beth Phoenix

My predictions.

Guest Phil
As much as I love the Undertaker I think it would be awesome if he lost at ONS. That means this Undertaker/Edge feud can be finished for a good few months, then have Edge cheat his way through the entire roster until one day the lights go out and the deadman returns to claim what is rightfully his.

Guest Jimmy Redman

My predictions:

HHH

Taker

Batista

Big Show

JBL

Jeff Hardy

Beth Phoenix

Not sure about Batista or JBL, pretty sure about the rest.

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Can't really see anyone other then Big Show winning the Cane match, he has nothing to do and like someone said already WWE loves big man matches, seeing as Kane is champ going by the usual logic it will be Big Show who challenges him

My predictions for One Night Stand are:

WWE Championship: Last Man Standing: Triple H © def. Randy Orton

It's obvious that Trips will retain without a doubt. Still should be a good match though.

World Heavyweight Championship: TLC Match: The Undertaker def. Edge

If The Undertaker's career wasn't on the line, I would have picked Edge to win it, but since that stipulation was added, then (much like the WWE Title Match) it's too obvious that 'Taker will win. Also like the WWE Title Match, this should be a good one nonetheless.

#1 Contender's 5-Way Singapore Cane Match: Big Show def. CM Punk, Chavo Guerrero, Tommy Dreamer, & John Morrison

Before Big Show was added, I had CM Punk as my pick, but Big Show will win it, no doubt. This seems to be a recent decision to add Show since they put him on the SmackDown roster prior to WrestleMania. I still believe that Kane will retain at Night of Champions. It's only his first real challenge as ECW Champion, so I don't expect him to lose the belt. I would rather see Big Show with the World Heavyweight Title than the ECW Title anyways.

Stretcher Match: Batista def. Shawn Michaels

I think it's time that Michaels lost in this feud. Michaels won at Backlash and won at Judgment Day, so it only makes sense that he would lose at One Night Stand. I think this whole "I Will Hurt Him" thing from Batista will come into play in the match. Who knows? Maybe it would be a draw with both men on the stretcher as it goes over the line.

First Blood Match: John Cena def. JBL

This one is simple- of course Cena's not going to job to JBL.

Falls Count Anywhere: Jeff Hardy def. Umaga

This one intrigues me, due to the fact that the match will end outside of the ring, but the question is- Where? In any case, I don't see Jeff losing to Umaga.

"I Quit" Match: Beth Phoenix def. Melina

This should actually amount to a decent match if done right. No doubt that Phoenix will win this bout.

Guest Kanenite

The show's looking really strong. I expect all of the matches to be average or better, unless they're given shocking time length or crappy finishes I don't see how any of them could bomb.

My Predictions are:

Triple H

The Undertaker

CM Punk

Batista

John Cena

Jeff Hardy

Beth Phoenix