Fan Clubs (beta)

Should youtube remove all illegal streetfight videos?

Omega

As I was casually surfing Youtube the other day I came across a series of videos for "feloney Fights" where ex-cons have bare knuckle, no rules fights. These guys were beating the crap out of each other but then half of the fights had one guy being knocked out and then still getting head shot after head shot some even having people jump on their heads.

Yet these videos are ridiculously popular, with thousands of views each. So they must have an audience and you presume the guys fighting must get paid for it. They know if they lose they'll get their asses handed to them so it's ok in the end.

What are your thoughts?

Guest The Beltster
Easier said than done. If they are illegal, then yeah they should remove them. If they are legal, people are getting paid and its just made out to look illegal, they dont really have a leg to stand on for removal outside of copyright infringements.

Wasn't there some hoohaa about "Bum fights" where two teenagers made millions after paying 2 tramps booze to have a scrap so they could film it and sell it on?

Guest Nemesis Enforcer
Like Beltster (man that sounds good :lol) said if its illegal then they should be removed, if they are getting paid and its just made to look ilegal then leave them up there, personally I dont care either way if they are removed or not, I have seen a few of them and meh is all I can say. I like watching fights as much as the next blood thirty SOB but I don't go around searching out these vids just for the pleasure of watching them so makes no difference to me

Guest ScottyB

As long as these videos are being restricted to the 18+ warning, i have no problem.

As soon as it becomes easy for any Tom, Dick or Harry to click ona random link and view these videos, then it becomes not-fine.

If it is Illegal, then it should be removed. No questions asked.

Remember, you can use the report inappropriate video function to report videos you feel shouldnt be on Youtube.

Guest ScottyB
half of youtube could be pulled for being illegal as a lot of things break the copyright laws

And when asked, Youtube remove them.

Usually the copyright holder have an option, they can have it removed or they will contact the person and say that they will advertise on the film page.

It's happened to me with a KSW montage, I just let them advertise instead of pulling the video. Everyone's happy.

Guest Fiona
As long as these videos are being restricted to the 18+ warning, i have no problem.

As soon as it becomes easy for any Tom, Dick or Harry to click ona random link and view these videos, then it becomes not-fine.

If it is Illegal, then it should be removed. No questions asked.

Remember, you can use the report inappropriate video function to report videos you feel shouldnt be on Youtube.

The problem with the above Scotty is when you register only the honest kids put their real date of birth in. My son added a few years himself so he didn't get the warnings. There is no way for Youtube to find out your real age unless they ask to see birth certificates before accounts are created.

I've seen a lot of crap on Youtube but I just bypass it mostly just watch music and wrestling videos. But your points are valid none the less.

Guest Fiona
With that though, YouTube have fulfilled their legal obligation simply by asking first. They can't be held responsible for anyone who is being dishonest.

I agree 100 percent DC. There is no way that online sites like Youtube can verify the age of each and every person who registers they have to ask and if you lie then the fault falls on you.