Fan Clubs | beta

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

Random News and Comments Thread 2011

Guest Springsteen

Guest John Hancock
He used an Argentine neckbrecker, which is pretty much the same, just with a neckbreaker at the end for extra cool points.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamster26
One WWE source says that CM Punk may indeed be taking some time off but there is virtually no chance of him leaving for good, at least now, regarding the recent reports of Punk leaving the company.

- The same source notes that it’s been discussed in recent WWE creative meetings about doing a full-fledged heel turn with John Cena a few months before his WrestleMania 28 match against The Rock.

While Vince McMahon is against the idea, one person spoke up at a meeting and said like, “Isn’t Cena already a heel when he’s out working with Rock?”

Credit: Wrestlenewz.com

Do it, please do it...

And I don't know how credible this is because it seems like someone was in the bloody meeting...

During WWE's annual shareholders meeting on Friday, WWE CEO Vince McMahon briefly addressed a question on whether he'll consider buying out TNA.

"I don't know that they're for sale," McMahon said in a non-committal fashion. After a long pause as the shareholder asking the question pressed McMahon to give an answer, McMahon added, "Maybe."

The exchange at the end of the conference call was as follows:

Shareholder: When are you going to buy that three-letter company that's based in Nashville, Tenn., because they have the wrong people in charge of that company. Please save the business from Dixie Carter. (McMahon lightly laughs) Stephanie McMahon has more brains than Dixie Carter. (McMahon: Ooh.) I think if you buy it now, there's a shot at fixing that company up because I know you'll put the right people in charge of that company.

McMahon: I'm (long pause) - I don't know that they're for sale.

Shareholder: They're not for sale now, but I'm sure if you offered them something - I don't know, it's a 50/50 shot.

McMahon: Well - (deep groan) Maybe.

The exchange was removed from discussion earlier in the conference about WWE looking to acquire entertainment properties that fit their business model as part of the "New WWE" initiative, which TNA would fit into.

WWE said their goal is to find related content companies and "literally put them through the WWE system to create new revenue (for WWE)." WWE said the long-term goal is to acquire companies related to their content to grow the core business, which is creating content.

FYI: We'll have about five or six stories from WWE's annual shareholders meeting today covering a lot of what WWE had to say about the state of their company.

Credit: PWTorch

Edited by Jamster26

Guest Jimmy Redman

Yeah. They dont even need it, in regards to the Rock match.

And the Vince TNA thing was someone surprising him with it at the Shareholders' Meeting and him stammering out something without actually saying anything. He gets wacky questions at those things all the time.

From a Radio interview Hogan did recently

Will Hulk Hogan wrestle again?

“Brother, I don’t know. I don’t know. If you asked me right now…I can only say I had my 8th back surgery not long ago. Right now…I say it’s a 50/50 chance. I can feel the screws in my back but I’m starting to heal up. When I fully heal up I think we’ll have to see. Ask me that question in about 6 months and I think we’ll have a different answer. But right now, it’s about a 50/50 chance.

Guest Jamster26
Of course he will. I think his pride will force him to wrestle atleast one match, again. I can see it being against the hardcore legend, Mick Foley. Edited by Jamster26

Really Hogan, for his own health, shouldn't get in the ring again. If any anything he needs to trim down on his muscle a little and drop some weight for the sake of his back.

But knowing Hogan he will, if he wrestles again, add more muscle back on and work out hard which will just add stress to his hip, knees and back once more.

Actually that whole interview had some interesting bits in it so to listen in full click here.

Hogan really bigged up Bobby Roode but he also said that they've no intention of getting Goldberg in and that the spray painting of "You're Next" on the car was not something he knew was going to happen and the he felt it misled the fans too much and made a veiled "too many cooks" reference.

Guest Jamster26
they've no intention of getting Goldberg in and that the spray painting of "You're Next" on the car was not something he knew was going to happen and the he felt it misled the fans too much and made a veiled "too many cooks" reference.

Surely when the camera cut back to Kendrick, Gen Me etc, laughing, people would have got the jist?

I mean, if the show cut off as soon as the "You're Next" thing happened, then that would obviously be something to think about but otherwise, really?

I assume he means the fact that they teased the fans at all, as in the fact the were rumours of Goldberg coming to TNA and that "someone" used that in that segment to play the fans (even for a few seconds) is something he didn't like.

Guest Jayfunk
Credit: Wrestlenewz.com

Do it, please do it...

And I don't know how credible this is because it seems like someone was in the bloody meeting...

Credit: PWTorch

I don't think carter is as bad as people make out

I assume he means the fact that they teased the fans at all, as in the fact the were rumours of Goldberg coming to TNA and that "someone" used that in that segment to play the fans (even for a few seconds) is something he didn't like.

Really? He does realise this is wrestling, right? Fans get played all the time, it's half the fun! I thought it was a neat little segment with the X-Division guys getting miffed with Bischoff. I'd like to see mroe come of that.

Speaking of that segment, did anyone else notice Kendrick smoking something that looked suspiciously like a "hand-rolled cigarette" when they're all laughing at the "you're next" sign on the car?

Really? He does realise this is wrestling, right? Fans get played all the time, it's half the fun! I thought it was a neat little segment with the X-Division guys getting miffed with Bischoff. I'd like to see mroe come of that.

I can see his point I think. It's not that the segment itself didn't work but that he doesn't think you should play up to internet rumours etc. You'd have to admit that way madness lies if you're going to try and follow the whims and vagueries of the IWC.

Just to test though we should start a rumour that TNA are going to sign Road Dogg again and see if they spray paint "oh you didn't know"

Speaking of that segment, did anyone else notice Kendrick smoking something that looked suspiciously like a "hand-rolled cigarette" when they're all laughing at the "you're next" sign on the car?

I saw the smoke for sure, didn't notice the doobie if it was....

I can see his point I think. It's not that the segment itself didn't work but that he doesn't think you should play up to internet rumours etc. You'd have to admit that way madness lies if you're going to try and follow the whims and vagueries of the IWC.

Just to test though we should start a rumour that TNA are going to sign Road Dogg again and see if they spray paint "oh you didn't know"

Ah well, if they were just doing because of the internet rumours, then I can kinda see where Hogan's coming from. You can't be just doing whatever the internet tells you to do! On the plus side, they gave Brian Kendrick something to do, so I can't complain.

I saw the smoke for sure, didn't notice the doobie if it was....

Ah well, we can sense our own...:lol

Guest Jayfunk
I'm just watching TNA, and you know what there is one thing they have done better than WWE, making Bully Ray a legit singles person, i think WWE tried to make him a face which was piss poor booking and shows a lack of understanding of how to use him and his strength, he is good heel and can talk

Guest Jayfunk

I'm also liking mexican america, two smoking women, the big guy is bad ass and the new one is not a bad talker (I'm not going to try to spell the names, as it would put me on the mod list :p)

Also Karen Angle is a good talker and hot to boot

Edited by Jayfunk

Guest Jamster26

STEVE AUSTIN has quashed speculation of a wrestling comeback by insisting he has no intention of returning to the ring.

Stone Cold took part in filming the latest series of WWE's Tough Enough reality TV show, which saw grappling wannabes battle to win the chance of scooping a contract with the promotion.

Austin's involvement sparked rumours he could be set to re-join Vince McMahon's company in a full time capacity.

But the Rattlesnake insisted: "I'm happy being gone and out of the business to the degree I am, that's why the Tough Enough thing was such a great opportunity between my other projects.

"I can be as hands-on and as close as I want to be. I'm not attempting to come back and I have a load of memories from a business I love."

The 46-year-old — who is focusing on his acting career — added: "I had a blast working on Tough Enough.

"WWE called me and they pitched the show and I was immediately interested and when we started doing it we were just flying by the seat of our pants.

"I watched a few episodes of the old one a long time ago but this is an entirely different animal. It's a lot of damned fun.

"I got up there and took some bumps with one of the contestants and worked around with one of the guys and I had fun getting in the ring and bouncing around again.

"But it doesn't mean I want to go and do it again on a night in, night out basis."

Austin was the WWE's biggest name during the 'Attitude' era of the the mid-to-late 1990s and was billed as the most popular superstar in the company's 59-year history.

But the six-time WWE champion warned current headliners like John Cena and Randy Orton they have a long way to go before they can dream of reaching the heights he achieved.

Austin added: "John Cena is their No1 guy right now and Randy Orton is on his heels and they're both doing wonderful — they're great for where the WWE wants to go.

"But for someone to come along like I did and just totally blow through everybody and smoke merchandise sales, ticket sales and affect TV ratings it's going to take a lot of doing to break that.

"I'm cheering for whoever can do it, though, because I'd love to see the business take another gigantic step forward."

Credit: Sun.co.uk

While it's not etched in stone, the current plan is to have Sting vs. Hulk Hogan main event TNA's Bound For Glory pay-per-view. This would all depend on Hogan's health and if he can wrestle or not.

- Abyss worked this past weekend's TNA live events with his teeth still missing, so he hasn't gotten them replaced yet from when Rob Van Dam kicked them out at the iMPACT tapings a few weeks ago.

- Regarding recent rumors online, Dixie Carter has not been replaced in TNA or demoted. She is still the President of TNA and is still involved in all major business decisions. Dixie's mother Janice, who has a financial role with the company, has been to maybe two shows in the past few months but is not running things.

Credit:Lordsofpain.net

Don't do it Hogan!!...

Edited by Jamster26