Fan Clubs Network

Open Club  ·  42 members  ·  Free

Martial Arts

TNA Against All Odds PPV - 13th February 2011

Guest FreeSpirit

Kurt's interview with Howard Stern says otherwise.
Kurt and Karen were divorced in 2008, with her and Jeff getting together some time in 2009.

Kurt has done interviews where he claimed Karen had cheated with someone on the TNA roster while they were separated (but not divorced), with Kurt admitting that he did the same thing.

We all know thats whats going to be the end result and Kurt walking Karen down the isle should be friggin hilarious.
If that's how the match goes, I want them to go down the aisle to Kurt's music and appearing on Angle's little lift-thingy he uses for his entrance. Edited by DC

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt and Karen were divorced in 2008, with her and Jeff getting together some time in 2009.

Kurt has done interviews where he claimed Karen had cheated with someone on the TNA roster while they were separated (but not divorced), with Kurt admitting that he did the same thing.

Certain Kurt said that she was cheating while they were staying together and she would stay out all night and return in the morning giving some lame excuse as to why she was gone.

He may have said that, but Kurt Angle isn't exactly the most reliable of interviewees.

What's the source for your information though? Because I know I'd take Kurt's word over dirt-sheet writers.

The Kurt interview on Howard Stern is on Youtube if you want to check it out.

What's the source for your information though? Because I know I'd take Kurt's word over dirt-sheet writers.

The Kurt interview on Howard Stern is on Youtube if you want to check it out.

There's been various things surrounding it, both for and against the argument, so no-one will ever know for sure, but here's two links, one for the date of the divorce and another with a transcript of the call to BtLS.

Date of the divorce

Transcript from the call to Bubba the Love Sponge that brought it out into the open - dated July 2009

The caller, who was obviously intent on bringing it out into the open and is pro-Kurt in his comments, would have said that the relationship between Jeff and Karen had started before Kurt and she were separated.

There's been various things surrounding it, both for and against the argument, so no-one will ever know for sure, but here's two links, one for the date of the divorce and another with a transcript of the call to BtLS.

Date of the divorce

Transcript from the call to Bubba the Love Sponge that brought it out into the open - dated July 2009

The caller, who was obviously intent on bringing it out into the open and is pro-Kurt in his comments, would have said that the relationship between Jeff and Karen had started before Kurt and she were separated.

The first link just says the date the divorce was finalised. Maybe there's a video and my computer isn't showing it?

And the second link is really unreliable. It's a guy who works in the Impact Zone, could be a cameraman who heard bits of stories for all we know:

James: Now I can't say that this was happening when she was with Kurt or that this led to the divorce or anything. This is something I just personally found out about. As much as the back-story of how long it's been going on, I don't know. It's been going on for a little while - it's my understanding. But, I do know that she is living with Jeff Jarrett.

I believe Kurt certainly before that James guy.

Guest Dogfingers

Stipulations do help the story in my eyes as that's what this whole thing is about. It's not about wrestling, it's about a man's wife cheating on him with another wrestler and that wrestler taking his kids.

But it's within the context of pro-wrestling. Putting kids on the line in a wrestling match is beyond stupid. I can't take it seriously. I know wrestling is supposed to be hammy and exagerated, but this takes it in too many directions. It's real, but it's not real...because there is no way the kids should be put on the line in a wrestling match.

If the feud was about Angle hating Jarrett becuase Jarrett sees the kids more I would be happier with that. The payoff is Angle getting to beat the shit out of smarmy Jarrett at the PPV. Putting the kids on the line has turned a serious hate filled feud into a joke. I am now not interested one bit in the outcome.

I don't find it distasteful, I just find it ridiculous.

If the feud was about Angle hating Jarrett becuase Jarrett sees the kids more I would be happier with that.

It has always been about Jarrett being Angle's kids new Dad and Kurt's wife leaving him for Jarrett though.

Like the kids thing has been mentioned since the start of the feud.

Anway, in other news:

Tonight's PPV kicks off with the #1 Contenders X Division match, plus we've learned Matt Morgan wants a face-to-face with Hernandez TONIGHT after costing him his chance at the World Title!

Interesting to see TNA continue a storyline from a year ago.

Generation Me member Max Buck said today on Twitter that he and his brother Jeremy are stuck in Utah due to travel issues with Delta Airlines. Therefore, both will not make it to Orlando, Florida for tonight's Against All Odds pay-per-view event.

Their scheduled red eye flight last night out of California was canceled.

Generation Me were scheduled to open the show in a Three-Way Match against Robbie E to determine the top contender to the X Division Championship currently held by Kazarian.

Not sure what TNA can come up with in such short notice.

Hope Curry Man or Suicide is part of their Plan B.

Guest The B-Man
Not sure what TNA can come up with in such short notice.

Hope Curry Man or Suicide is part of their Plan B.

Easy give Robbie E the title shot!

Guest Jayfunk
I was uncomfortable with a lot of that as well.Once again, Jay, you completely failed in regards to the point of why I (and others) find it distasteful/uncomfortable/deplorable.

In every single example you've given in the above quote, as you mentioned, the people involved are actors. In the Angle/Jarrett situation, they aren't actors, they are the real-life children of Karen Jarrett and Kurt Angle. These kids are seeing their real parents "fight" over them on international television. No matter how many times they'll be told that mummy, daddy and daddy #2 are pretending, to young eyes, it's very hard to distinguish between the two.

And, on another note, that's before we even get to the legalities of awarding custody on the basis of two men fighting.Jeff didn't cheat with Karen (she and Kurt had already split up before then, both on-screen and off), but that's besides the point; if the story they want to put in the angle is that Jeff stole Karen from Kurt, then why not just go with that? Why the need to involve kids?

No, I completely understand why you and others would find it that way, you especially as your a father, but i disagree with you point they aren't actors, by appearing on the TV show and going through with something is fake (unless the child courts work a little differently in the US, where wrestling matches determines which parents they live with) they are actors. Sure its a little more real to them but I'm sure they have been talked too and given the fact that in particular Jeff's children have been around the business for a long while and brought up in it they would understand more.

Going back to the sandman case, his son if reports are to be believed didn't have anything long term problems with what happened in the 1990s I understand you felt confortable BUT that was the point of the whole thing, so if you did feel that way it worked.

In terms of Jeff and Karen, your right that jeff didn't get together with Karen until after, BUT if it look at what happened it not hard to piece things together. Karen was cheating on Kurt with someone in TNA, they split up and then Jeff and Karen get together, Jeff gets taken off of TV for months due to this, now if nothing happened and Jeff got together after the fact then why was jarrent banned from his own company? He did nothing wrong if that was true, no I would put money on Karen and Jeff doing the dirty behind kurts back its the only thing that makes sense given what happened to Jeff.

So getting back to the point i have no issue with children in wrestling in theory however it depends on the execution, eg Sandman/Raven great Rey/Punk pointless

Guest The Bisch
TNA have confirmed that Kazarian will now defend the X Division title tonight..not announced the opponent yet though Edited by The Bisch

Oy vey, even reading the show results made my head hurt.

How? Is there something wrong with you?

I read the results from Meltzer, who thought every match was good or excellent. Jarrett/Angle especially.

Guest The B-Man
How? Is there something wrong with you?

I read the results from Meltzer, who thought every match was good or excellent. Jarrett/Angle especially.

Well if Meltzer says they are good or excellent I may as well not watch them and make my own mind up right:P

Nah kidding. I think that's part and parcel of peoples problem on this board though. They don't watch it and see for themselves

Guest The Beltster
Plus TNA 2011 is John Cena 2005 - people tear it to shreds because its 'cool', regardless if they do anything right or not. It will pass and people will eventually move onto something else.

Guest The B-Man
Plus TNA 2011 is John Cena 2005 - people tear it to shreds because its 'cool', regardless if they do anything right or not. It will pass and people will eventually move onto something else.

This is what I don't get at times. For me TNA is just another wrestling company I am able to watch.

There are times I think it's awful, there are times I think WWE is awful.

Often I change which show I prefer because it's what show is entertaining me the most. I don't have a preference to which company I prefer ever. In saying that if WWE want to their shows will win hands down everytime.

Guest The Beltster

People are retards.

Oh, and Scott Steiner cut the best promo in the history of wrestling at the PPV. It literally has to be seen to be believed!

No one hates TNA any more. It's just that no one cares about them in 2011. The show looks like it was fine, major problems aside - Angle 'retiring' is stupid, Joe and Pope have been killed completely, etc., - but it's looking like this PPV is going to have done one of the worst buyrates in YEARS, even lower than 7,000. TNA have burned too many people over the years, and last year especially when the idiots still had hope that TNA would do something right for once.

It's 2011. It doesn't matter any more. I won't be watching this show, no matter how good it was. And by the looks, neither will a hell of a lot of people. And TNA deserve nothing less.