Guest Jamster26

Also, I loved how Raw/SD were all in one big room waiting on the draft picks

Thought it was rediculous myself.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Hancock
I thought it was a little bit ridiculous too. I mean, these guess are about to go into a PPV where they're talking about knocking each other out, and ending each other's careers, and there they are, what is it, a week before, hanging out like they're at a sports bar supporting rival teams for a friendly drink. It was pretty lame.

Guest ScottyB
I liked it because it made it look like the draft meant something to both sides, it could of been done better (like a seperate locker room for each brand) but in my head it worked for what I imagine it was supposed to do, show brand loyalty. As for the whole PPV thing, it didn't really affect it as they didn't show anyone who has a match celebrating with each other, and when Rey got drafted they showed Cody being all happy about it.

Guest John Hancock

Even with separate locker rooms, I just get a bit annoyed when faces an heels, mid-feud, are buddying around with each other like best friends.

It's still real to me dammit.

See, just to go on with Scotty - what I REALLY liked was that every time somebody was drafted they then had the person or opponent doing a wee promo saying "YASS! All I have to do is beat you at ER and then I never have to see your stupid f*cking face again" - thought that was great all the way through.

Guest John Hancock

Yeah, I liked that part.

EDIT: Hang on, the draft doesn't take effect until after the PPV right? The how come Rey winning won RAW a draft pick? I mean, we all now WWE don't care about the roster split, but they couldn't follow their own rules for ONE SHOW?

Edited by John Hancock

Guest The GS

I didn't like the idea of rivals acting like buddies when they were fighting or sitting together in hope of a star they probably hate coming to their show.

In saying that though, Punk's reaction to them winning the main even was priceless with him kissing Del Rio on the cheek. :lol

Guest Jamster26
I thought it was a little bit ridiculous too. I mean, these guess are about to go into a PPV where they're talking about knocking each other out, and ending each other's careers, and there they are, what is it, a week before, hanging out like they're at a sports bar supporting rival teams for a friendly drink. It was pretty lame.

Exactly that. They just threw out the stories they have been developing between wrestlers, in that "segment" or whatever you call it.

They just looked out of character, with the whole thing.

Just made it look rather silly to me.

I really like the "kHARMa" logo they had for her - oooh, yeah, 'citing!!

Could, maybe, they be heading towards unifying the belts with the weird move around of champs? I know there was talk about it earlier in the year so maybe it's time to start bringing them all together?

I don't know if it has been listed or not, but here is the complete list of Superstars and Divas drafted in the 2011 Draft:

John Cena Drafted To SmackDown

Rey Mysterio Drafted To RAW

Randy Orton Drafted To SmackDown

Mark Henry Drafted To SmackDown

Sin Cara Drafted To SmackDown

WWE Tag Team Champion Big Show Drafted To RAW

Alberto Del Rio Drafted To RAW

John Cena Drafted To RAW

Daniel Bryan Drafted To SmackDown

Jack Swagger Drafted To RAW

The Great Khali Drafted To SmackDown

Jimmy Uso Drafted To SmackDown

Kelly Kelly Drafted To RAW

JTG Drafted To RAW

Alicia Fox Drafted To SmackDown

William Regal Drafted To SmackDown

Yoshi Tatsu Drafted To SmackDown

Drew McIntyre Drafted To RAW

Natalya Drafted To SmackDown

Curt Hawkins Drafted To RAW

Chris Masters Drafted To RAW

Jey Uso Drafted To SmackDown

Kofi Kingston Drafted To RAW

Ted DiBiase Drafted To SmackDown

Tyson Kidd Drafted To SmackDown

Tamina Drafted To SmackDown

Tyler Reks Drafted To RAW

Alex Riley Drafted To SmackDown

Beth Phoenix Drafted To RAW

United States Champion Sheamus Drafted To SmackDown

The whole "Cena going to SmackDown" ruse was a nice little surprise, though I was not very surprised by it.

Rey Mysterio getting drafted to RAW seemed necessary if they were to put Sin Cara on SmackDown (which they did). Randy Orton getting drafted to SmackDown was pretty much a lock from the get-go.

It was nice to see some "vintage" Mark Henry with the whole angry powerhouse heel of destruction character returning. Henry may be clumsy and awkward in the ring, but when he is left to simple powerful moves on a taped show that can be edited, he can do quite good.

I don't really see the point of moving Big Show to RAW. I assume it's just to even it out in regards to draft picks evening out.

Alberto Del Rio getting moved to RAW was pretty much a lock as well. It will be interesting to see how they will handle having the WWE and World Heavyweight Champions on the same show (I can't see them giving Christian the title). As mentioned, they could unify the two titles, but I have serious doubts that they will do that. Given the fact that the main event scenes of both shows are stretched so thin, it might not be a bad idea (at least temporarily).

Daniel Bryan getting drafted to SmackDown was a must regarding Bryan's career. Since losing the United States Title, Bryan was sinking fast on RAW and a move to SmackDown is the best thing that could happen for him right now.

Jack Swagger getting drafted to RAW seems like a natural move to me given the current angle with Michael Cole. He was on RAW more than he was on SmackDown anyways, so why not?

Who really cares where The Great Khali ends up anyways? I don't. To get it out of the way, I feel the same about The Usos, JTG, Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox, Yoshi Tatsu, Tyson Kidd, Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Chris Masters, Tyler Reks, Tamina, & Curt Hawkins.

Drew McIntyre getting moved to RAW seems like a good idea to me on the surface as I see McIntyre as a main event player and, with the limited main event scene, this time in the WWE may be the best opportunity for them to move McIntyre up to main event status.

Alex Riley's move to SmackDown is a good idea in my book as we really need to see if Riley can stand on his own as a Superstar. When he is side-by-side with The Miz, Riley seems to have all of the charisma and natural ability of Miz, but I will be interested to see how he does on his own.

Ted DiBiase is kind of in the same boat as Daniel Bryan in my opinion. His career is falling fast and SmackDown may be the saving grace. Also, if a singles SmackDown career does not go well for DiBiase, the option of reuniting him with Cody Rhodes is always an option.

I'm not really sure what is accomplished by moving Kofi Kingston to RAW. I can not see him as a main event star, but the mid-card has "been there, done that" with Kofi.

This brings me to Sheamus and the United States Title getting moved to SmackDown. This is a draft pick I saw as a good possibility, but not having Wade Barrett and the Intercontinental Title moved to RAW makes me seriously think that they will be unifying the two titles. It really seems to make sense to me and, if they do end up unifying the WWE and World Heavyweight Titles, they might as well unify these two as well.

I am so looking forward to the debut of Kharma. It will be interesting to see the female version of Big Show compete in the WWE.